Suggestion: Access storage from other planets.

Whaddya fink?

• YEAH!

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • NAH MATE!

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • POLLS ARE LAME!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Katie, Marry me?

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters

Katie Chalmers

Stalker
Katie Chalmers
How many times have you travelled to another planet and forgotten something? Happens to us all. I left my bloody amp on calypso, now I'm annoyed, I got to fly back and get it.

What I propose is to be able to access your storage on another planet, and deliver an item to the planet you are on using the standard postal service mechanics. 2 PED and you get it in 12 hours. 6 PED for instant transfer. Identical to how we move stuff across planets using the auction system.

This suggestion is intended for gear only, when we are forgetful. Its not intended to be used to move lootables across planets risk free. So maybe we restrict the movement of lootable items.

What are peoples thoughts?

mhh amps not heavy , why you leave it in storage :unsure:

At the very least, I'd like to be able to view my remote storages.

Also:

H1GsEmM.png

Interesting idea, it could be something they could do with the UI update on storage UI a drop down menu allowing you to select available planets in your storage UI, and be able to browse it like it's on your current planet. Would also be useful to list total TT value in each storage's UI at the bottom. A simple right click on an item then choosing "Retrieve" then with an option of picking 2 ped fee or 6 ped fee would be a simple thing for them to do. Quite useful when you want to check what's at your storage and when you forget something.

If you are going to do that make all items in all estates available too. Just make it a big list where you can drag and drop. Annoying leaving some important tool or weapon in an estate on another planet.
Yes, another great idea.

Wouldn't this kill the demand for private and scheduled warps a bit?

All for the idea, as long as they also release the transport missions which were the initial reason for the fees.

Feels very disingenuous that the fees were introduced to be helpful, and the mission created to mitigate the impact on transport services, yet so far people pay vast quantities of fees, with no missions ever coming out.

A surprising amount of VIP custom for the privateers is for the forgetful and those whose plans have changed, nipping back to grab armour, weapon, pills, amps etc If this was implemented I suspect the effect for those ships would be huge. Much of their trade is based on the need for speed rather than on the moving of high value lootables. So if this were to be implemented we could see even more ships sit idle, and kill space yet further.

I do however understand the frustration felt by those offered a place in a team hunt, who will waste say 20 minutes perhaps more getting and using a warp to and from, regardless of expense. The team starts without them and HOFs, or maybe they give up waiting and go do something else.

I would therefore only begin to consider this as a workable option if :
a) Mind Ark made good on the promised missions for owners to earn ped from the pile they have made from AH deliveries.
b) Non-lootables only
c) More expensive than a double warp, so still a real choice of speed over expense, say 50ped minimum.

I own and MS which does scheduled warps, so my direct trade would be little affected, but anything that affects the VIP warp trade will ultimately affect all space users and unless thought through carefully, be just another step towards the death of space.

Or
MA could always keep the ship owners and other space lovers happy - make space interesting, give it missions, mining, trade centre etc Then we would probably be happy to lose these warps as we would be too busy doing the other space content

A surprising amount of VIP custom for the privateers is for the forgetful and those whose plans have changed, nipping back to grab armour, weapon, pills, amps etc If this was implemented I suspect the effect for those ships would be huge. Much of their trade is based on the need for speed rather than on the moving of high value lootables. So if this were to be implemented we could see even more ships sit idle, and kill space yet further.
Thanks for the insight Granny.
While I didn’t doubt some people may use a warp for this purpose, I didn’t think it would be as common, considering it would more than likely be a 4 jump service and almost double the cost of a standard VIP.
Some people are way more affluent than me I guess.

I agree with yourself and Bonnie that the implementation of space transport missions would be the best outcome here. I have my fingers crossed that something good comes to space soon.

What are peoples thoughts?

Seems like a personal rant. The easy solution for everyone would be to remember to check. How many times can someone make this mistake before they learn?

I suspect the effect for those ships would be huge.
Cannot do much more damage than the owner of a Moon and and Planet hauling people around fin their own mothership or free to get to monthly events or just for fun anytime if you own an apartment on their moon, etc.

Cannot do much more damage than the owner of a Moon and and Planet hauling people around fin their own mothership or free to get to monthly events or just for fun anytime if you own an apartment on their moon, etc.

Tbh I think the vast majority of those people don't have the interest nor the means of paying for a warp anyway 😂

They do not warp at 'anytime' based on the whim of property owners on their holdings, they have a regular schedule.
In regard to events, quite few ship owners (MS and Privateer) have done the occasional free warps to facilitate arrival to events, including Kronan, on the opening day of new planets/moons. Some others such as BIG industries do it more regularly but for event attendees only. But as this kind of service has a very limited impact on normal services
Also
Not all passengers of the Yamato ride for free
  • identify if you are Monrian or Toulan Born ---> all Monrian or Toulan Born players are eligible for free travel
  • identify if you are a Monria or Toulan Shop Owner or Apartment Owner ... they get free travel as well
  • identify if you are not eligible for free travel, but want to be on the guest list as a paying customer
Given the nature of their scheduled one way trip to every planet, it will not necessarily be a quick solution to travel needs, or indeed be going where you wish to go at all (they may have already been there). Plus they only operate 3 times a week, so their impact is relatively small.
In any case as they own a ship, that they bought and paid for the same as other owners, then they are entitled to operate it as they see fit.

The suggestion made by the OP to allow people to in effect by-pass space when they forget things in storage on other planets would affect all warp providers at all times. It is therefore very unfair to the entire warp trade and in particular the VIP trade

Back