Acronoids Diary

Acronoid

Stalker
Society
United Talents
If you need to know it, you already do
Hi
I see you have stumbled upon my diary.
Well, I wish a happy reading time, just don't expect any logic or even sanity here :D
What you may expect is some nice (but totaly badshit insane) art, a few opinions from someone floating so high above the ground, reality seems just a strange place in the distance below, and ofource some other phrases, stories and little texties.

About my name:
Acro'noid
spoken as AKroo No'id
consisting out of 2 parts
Acro (hight, top, peak, extremity, sharpness)
"n" binding character
Oid (resemblence, suffering from)

So I'm a high flying crazy bat who lives between extremities, but with a remarkable sharpness.:cool:

Oh, before I forget, if you see following creature in game, you would do good to run as fast as possible in the other direction (or tp away ASAP):D

Last edited:
Foolish Foul

When I was wandering around in the gallery of EF (you should really do that sometime, many beatifull things to see, really) I found an old sketch of a female Foul.
I'dd had to think and laugh at all the times I've called them fools instead of fouls. To me they certainly look more foolish then Foulish.
Anyway, I just really had to play with that sketch. It took me more then an hour to transform the scanned pencil lines of the original sketch to something to the freaky thing it is now. Nontheless I'm very happy with the result.
If anyone would like to use it on there appartment (for god nows what one would see in this) feel free to do so, just don't forget to invite me over then ;)

Jester-O-fouls.jpg

Last edited:
Macadamia, the madness is in the nut ;)

For the ones that don't know what a macadamia is; it's a nut, just wiki on it.

Now far more important, something that brings back memories :yay:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oSMTzdDeIs[/YOUTUBE]​

Last edited:
List of my screencapped globals

Below a list of my globals I was lucky enough to capture. It's about half of my total global list.
Notice the silly big HoF on a small snarksnot, yeah I know I'm lucky (I'm born in the chinese year of the pig :D)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how de dev's do

I was cleaning up my software librairy last weekend, and I thought why not install Maya. You must know that maya is THE 3D software to a professional, we all remember ice age and other pixar animation films don't we.
From what I've read on the cryengine subject, I know that it works with maya models, So I asked myself the question if MA developers would be using Maya too?

Except for the very expensive price tag of Maya, it is also very difficult to work with. Ofcourse the options are limitless, and the only limits are ones fantasy and technical abilities. But if you open Maya for the first time, I bet even an experienced designer has to shrug once or twice at least.

So what I wonder is, if MA designer are using Maya software atm (if they didn't before), do they have trouble finding things out. Do they find the interface and the many many details (like in name giving different sub sections of your models and such) difficult to handle and do they coup with it.
If an someone from MA design team would read this and want to comment this, just PM me, I'm just deing to know your experience with Alias wavefront Maya.

I must say I'm as great a noob in Maya as I am ingame, so don't expect me to solve any q's about 3D problems.
But evenso, I have played around in Maya 5,6 and now in 7. But for the first time I'm planning on making some real nice stuff. Maybe I can make some furniture For EU ( I think EU laks some furniture). Not that I want to compete with the MA dev team (I would be the noob going to PK skalman, sorta speak) but it would be fun if I could create some stuff that is EU worthy :)

Below a screenshot of the Maya 7.0, the model loaded is one from simplymaya.com

O, before I forget, if you want to know the power of todays 3D design, take this photo or fake contest. I'll bet you'll have a really hard time telling what is photo or fake. At least one of my colleges at work (amateur photographer) didn't score very high (not even half if I recall correctly)
http://www.autodesk.com/eng/etc/fake_or_foto/index.html
(You can click on the photo's to enlarge them)

Back