Additional Experience?

Noh.Ayedea

Mature
Society
Dark Side
Commander Noh Ayedea
Hello,

I have recently started taming and started with a green leprechaun (figured it would be the cheapest to have out for the avatar skill gains - any hp boost lol!). When I hit 75% affection with it, two icons have lit up under its name - I was wondering about the additional experience gain and what that is applied to? Can't seem to find much information on this or how much experience boost this is giving? Is this to my avatar skill gain for everything I do?

RuVCfj.png

XP=how much experience the pet has. When the bar reaches 100% it'll move from level 2 in image above to level 3, etc.

Affection=amount of 'love' the pet has. Let this drop below a certain point by not feeding it and it'll stop alloying you to do tricks when it's mood turns to 'sad.'

Mood=Happy is good, sad means you let the critter starve and it won't do any tricks.

Enerergy = food bar. When well fed mood is happy. Low energy mood turns sad. I think around 30 percent or so is when that happens.

You should probably 'trick' the pet... left click on it's face and choose greet or dance. As you get more advanced in levels he'll learn other tricks like Kick, etc. Typically you want to keep Focus at 90% or higher. As focus decreases exp gains for tricking goes down.... you can still do it, but exp gains will be lower at like 65% and lower.... Usually with dance you have a handful of times you can trick. With kick, and higher levels of tricks you may have to trick a lot less to get to the 90% focus.

I suggest you study http://www.entropiapets.com/pet-features-and-buffs.html for a lot more info.

You can get exp without tricking, but it'll be much, much, much slower if you do that. I usually suggest tricking down to 90% focus, then letting it go back up to 100% or do one last trick at 90% and then let it build up to at least 95%. Each pet's attributes determine how long it takes for focus to come back. Some passive buffs speed that up a lot. Once you level it up enouth to unlock the passive buff or unlock stable buffs there's no real need to keep leveling it up after that unless Mindark adds in ore passive buffs at higher levels at some point in the future. (some folks have leveled some pets way up there above 60 levels, which is just wasted peds as system is now)

As for exp the pet's xp bar show's the pets experience. It slao gives your avatar experience too. Follow the chat lines to see how that is going. If you are serious about taming grab a whip, go to atlantis archipeligo, head north and have fun. Or, better option, if you don't mind leaving Calypso airspace is head to Toulan and do the daily tab tab taming missions til you can't stand the landscape there any more.

Last edited:
Hi Maria,

Thanks for the information and link. I was actually meaning the xp 'buff' as highlighted in the screengrab. Is this pet experience buff, avatar taming related xp boost, or all avatar skill xp boost?

Screenshot-2021-08-12-130631.png

Hi Maria,

Thanks for the information and link. I was actually meaning the xp 'buff' as highlighted in the screengrab. Is this pet experience buff, avatar taming related xp boost, or all avatar skill xp boost?

Screenshot-2021-08-12-130631.png

I think this XP boost icon is for XP earned by your pet.
It's boosted because the affection bar is high.

That's what I assume because even on the MA website it doesn't say precisely.

"Affection bar. Each pet will gain affection towards you based on how well you take care of it.
Building a deep connection by treating the pet well will give bonus experience and possibly other good things.

It say "will give", not "will give the pet", nor "will give you".

What "other good things" are, remains a mystery to me.. 🙈

If you want to raise your taming levels, you should not just spawn a pet, but to tame a bunch of them.

And you should use a pet mainly for the buffs it can provide.
In this case, if you're going to be taming, you should use a pet that provide a "Skill Gain - Pet and Taming" buff.
There are pets that'll provide 10%, 15%, and 20%.

You'll need to level the pet up to the required level, then unlock the buff.
After that you should have it spawned while you're taming other creatures, then you'll get an XP bonus gain for pet related professions.

🐌:whip:

Thanks for answer, MA being as clear as mud!

I was mainly wanting to use the pets for a kind of passive way to gain some skills that will contribute towards hp gain (http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Activity&id=48). I have seen myself tick some Agility and Courage at some points. Hence trying the leprechaun as once the buff is unlocked it can be a cheap way to passively gain these hp skills.

Does that make sense?

I am not particularly interested in the actual pet buff unlocks at the moment.

Thanks for answer, MA being as clear as mud!

I was mainly wanting to use the pets for a kind of passive way to gain some skills that will contribute towards hp gain (http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Activity&id=48). I have seen myself tick some Agility and Courage at some points. Hence trying the leprechaun as once the buff is unlocked it can be a cheap way to passively gain these hp skills.

Does that make sense?

I am not particularly interested in the actual pet buff unlocks at the moment.

A pet is not really going to help you with these skills.
The two you mention are related to the profession, but the gain that your spawned pet will give you is tiny.

The best way to get hunting related skills is.. to hunt. :)

Back