Info: Advanced Sweating Guide / Tutorial

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
This guide assumes you know the basics of sweating. If you want to know how to sweat please refer to the following threads:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/entropia-universe-tutorials/50712-spuds-sweating-tutorial.html
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/tutorial-contest/50351-efversion-sweating-guide.html

In this guide i'll show you how to optimise your sweating efficiency at Nea's place. Nea's place is located on Ametherea at co-ordinates 12629, 9728. It's on OLA-16.
If you need a map to see where this is see:
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Location.aspx

The key to sweating effectively in a team at Nea's place is to sweat the mob not too close or too far from the revive / turret (note at Nea's place the revive, turret and tp are close by). If the mob is too close to the turret then chances are when someone revives at the revive terminal the mob will run to them and hence be killed by the turret. If the mob is too far from the revive then you have to run further to sweat hence reducing your sweat efficiency.

Also bear in mind that sometimes there are hunters who hunt dry mobs, if that mob someone is hunting is too close to revive then it may run to revive and be killed by the turret - the hunter would then have wasted money on ammo as he would not be able to loot it. So have consideration for hunters. They are helping the team of sweaters by killing any dry mobs. They help you so it is only fair you help them.

The following picture shows the optimal mob postion for sweating:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]
Note i am the umbra :) sweating it. Note also my position, I am just after the dip and i'm also on the hill if you notice. The tp is the yellow beam on the right of the picture. I am on the hill, that is on the opposite side of the mob to the turret. I am purposely on this side of the mob so as to stop it running into the turret. The mob is not too far or too near the revive at this location.

In the following picture the mob is too close to the turret:
In this picture the mob is far too close to the turret. Notice also there is an avatar sweating the mob on the turret side. This is a mistake because when the mob runs to that avatar it will get killed by the turret. The key is to sweat the mob until dry then turret the mob (if no hunter hunting it). If the mob runs into the turret too early you may waste valuable time finding new mob and this reduces your sweating efficiency. Notice also i am sweating the mob opposite to the turret side, hence if the mob attacks me it will not be killed by the turret.

In the next picture the mob has attacked me and i am using that as an opportunity to move the mob to the optimal position:
I run towards the dip on the hill. The mob follows me and will end up in the correct position.

The following picture shows i have managed to take the mob to the optimal position:
Notice also the other avatars are sweating the mob on the turret side. It is easy to run from the revive and sweat on the turret side but as mentioned before it is preferable to sweat opposite to the turret side so that the mob stays in the optiomal position. The danger here on sweating on the turret side is when someone dies and revives they run directly to the mob and if there is a stream of green dots on the radar leading to the turret - well thats like making a road for the mob to run into the turret. To avoid this when you go to the mob don't run directly to it instead run around ad sweat on the opposite side to the turret when you get to it.

Sometimes when people are sweating they do the following:
They are soo close to the mob that the mob does not have any room to move . Notice in the picture the message "This creature is in a state where you cannot extract sweat from it", that state is caused by people being too close to it and not giving it room to move. Notice in this state it is Not Dry. Once people give it more room it will be sweatable again. The danger in this situation is someone thinks this means its dry and then they run to get the next mob. Then you will have two mobs this can reduce sweating efficiency. Best to concentrate onn one mob at a time.

Once the mob is dry. Then if there is a hunter let them hunt it if there is no hunter it is better to lead it into the turret. Look at the next picture:
In this picture the mob is dry and instead of rrunning the mob to the turret the person is running to get the next mob. This is a mistake. Please don't do that. If it chases you and its dry do everyone a favour and run towards the turret - this will help to kill the dry mob and increase sweating efficiency.

In this picture the mob is dry (in fact 2 drry mobs) and it has started to hit me so I run towards the turret:

and lead it topwrds the turret:
Notice they have overtaken me - they want to die fast and run to other players near the turret :)

Summary
To summarise in the advanced stages of sweating you need to manage mob position, that is:
- If mob is too close to the turret when it hits you run to the optimal position (away from the turret). Once you get to the optimal position stop and sweat.
- If the mob is too far away when it hits you run to the optimal position (towards the turret). Once you get to the optimal position stop and sweat.
- Sweat the mob on the opposite side to the turret
- Try not to create a road of avatars that lead the mob to the turret
- Give the mob space to move
- Once the mob is dry, when it chases you run towards the turret this will help to kill the mob

Last edited:
I'm sure new members will appreciate the time you took to make this guide for sweating at Nea's :)

+Rep

Thank you Kiri.
Merry Xmas to you )

To admin could you please move this post to the tutorial section probably a better place for it. For some reason the system wouldn't let me make the thread in that section.

Now we just need a good guide to get to Nea's place for beginners without getting killed every 5 steps.

Very nice guide hope many people will read it

Nice guide :)

Now we just need a good guide to get to Nea's place for beginners without getting killed every 5 steps.

When you go to Nea's its a good idea to ask a society mate for help. Any EU veteran can help you get there quite easily.

If you are going alone you can also ask hunters along the way fo help and generally they will help you along the way. When I started the game I got stuck once or twice and when I asked an hunter for help they were always happy to help.

If you are making a run to Nea's alone there are two routes you can take see map:

I've marked the routes in pink (pink stood out better than other colours). When I started I ran to Neas along route via Palms corner. Note both routes avoid LA's. Outside the LA's there are not too many mobs and when there are some it is easier to avoid them.

If you do get stuck along the route somewhere remember there is the "Calypso Rescue Society" they are always happy to rescue you.

+ rep,

I didn't know you sweated much :)

+ rep,

I didn't know you sweated much :)

i used to sweat a lot when i started, been meaning to sweat again but haven't got round to do it properly so far :)

ahh ic nice one, its definitely something you got to be in the mood for.

really really nice guide though

Back