Agility gain

Tepes

Old Alpha
Banned
Society
Freelancer
Vlad Rookie Tepes
Hi,

Did some observations on my agility gain. I checked for progress looking at my latest scan, and realized I only moved from 56.07 to 56.33 while having at least 60 "Your Agility has improved" messages (did not have data from the whole period)

So I decided to monitor the progress closely. After another 63 "Your Agility has improved" messages, I jumped from 56.33 to 56.54, a 0.21 gain. Simple math points to 0.01 improvement every 3 messages at this level.

Is this normal? Was this (slow) progress the same for the last year, lets say, or it was modified?

Will in the future be like 0.01 improvement for each xx messages or the number of messages (agility gain) will decrease? I cannot imagine the progress at 70 agility and beyond (as was pointed out by some players).

Cheers!

I'm 84 and.. oh well..

It will go slower and slower and slower and .... slower ... until you don't see it moving in months ... euh, years.

I am at 120 in agility its mega slow now.:eyecrazy:

Just wounder how many skill Points agility it is now to get a agility, i just guess about 10000.

I am getting close to 59.5 Agility and it still moves...somewhat. I get about 1/20 point gain for every 130 PED cycled through my Philosopher's Sword (about 2 full runs).

You can think of attribute gains as similar to skill gains in that the higher they get, the more it takes to raise it. In other words, it will take more than 3 green lines for the same gain that 3 lines representated at a lower level. Do note though that not all green lines are equal, especially when switching weapons.

I hunt a lot and have been stuck on 94 for nearly a year, It'll probably take more than another year to get to 95.

I've been on 83 for almost a year :(, pretty soon you won't be able to see any visible improvement between scans, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Thank you for input, I knew that at higher levels is a pain to get attribute gains (hence maybe MA will do more attribute gaining missions involving player interaction), I was surprised to see that advance is very slow even on relatively low levels, and was thinking of a recent "silent" nerf compared.

You can think of attribute gains as similar to skill gains in that the higher they get, the more it takes to raise it. In other words, it will take more than 3 green lines for the same gain that 3 lines representated at a lower level. Do note though that not all green lines are equal, especially when switching weapons.

Ok, so more gain is needed to advance the attribute, not that you'll get the green line less and less - same as with skills as someone else mentioned. What did you meant by "not all green lines are equal"? A skill is a skill, even if different weapons will give different amounts (SIB and all that).

Or you meant something else - that for the same level, 3 lines of skill with X weapons value less (percentage wise) than 3 lines of skill with another weapon? I DO switch weapons a lot, hunting small mobs and avoiding overkill.

That was a painful thread to watch :) !

Last edited:
A lines are not equal in the way that they are a modified number that goes into many decimals. Its a growing
deterioration on skill gain.

Where a lower agility avatar may get .04958 gained for a green line a higher one may get only .00013, the curve gets quite steep as with all professions and skill gains in EU. And of course they are derived from a formula of some sort, so probably get more gained based on decay, damage. Your agility gains will not be hardly anything if you continue to hunt punys at prof 40, but if you go and kill much larger, the gains stack up a little faster, or are modified slightly higher.

These changes happened around 2008-2009 if i recall. Which is why we have SIB weapons now, to help overcome the nerf to gains.

I am just about to hit 84, I have gained about 2 points naturally since returning 2 years ago (a couple more with missions). This is about the equivalent of prof 3 to prof 40 blp rifle. If that helps shed how slow it gets )

Back