Alternative Top 50

Oracle

Elite
Society
Scorpio
Oracle Kev FountofWisdom
I thought I'd compile an alternative Top 50 Societies - one that takes into account the number of members a society has at its disposal.

I've called this list 'Kev's Adjusted Top 50 Societies' or KATS for short :)

Basically I've just multiplied the number of members in a society by a weighting factor which gives takes into account the society's position in the official Top 50. Starting with the Number 1 society having an arbritary weighting factor of 2.00. The society in second position has the factor 1.98, in 3rd positon 1.96 etc etc right down to the society in 50th position which has a weighting factor of 1.02.

Anyway, unscientific as it is, here's how it worked out:

1 Universal Brotherhood 42.56
2 Dark Knights 38.4
3 PROJECT-ASYLUM CORP. 33.64
4 Shaolin 33.44
5 Boar Hunters 31.2
6 Fernand - LFB 28.9
7 Via Dolorosa 28.8
8 -DNA- 28.22
9 Menace to Society 26.04
10 BlackAngels HQ 25.8
11 Soldiers of Fortune 25.2
12 Desert Rangers 24.7
13 Delta Force 24.48
14 Groene Draeck 23.94
15 Calypso Conquerors 23.76
16 The Black Company 21.6
17 Reservoir Dogs 21.36
18 ck Coat Killers 21.12
19 Drunk Bastards 18.36
20 Deagleteam 17.82
21 De La Troids 16.5
22 Warants 15.68
23 White Tigers 14
24 Equals Death 13.32
25 (Mysterium) 13.14
26 Szare Szeregi 12.74
27 L.P.N -= Elite =- 12.32
28 Amethera Demons 11.28
29 Magma Engineering 11.06
30 " Ex Cons " 11.04
31 Circle of the Chosen 10.6
32 BlackAngels HQ Cadets 10.4
33 Shadow Corpse 9.84
34 Good Will Hunting 9.8
35 Team LV - Cadets 9.76
36 Team LV 9.7
37 Memento Mori 8.96
38 Fiend without a Face 8.7
39 Genesis star Interstellar 8.4
40 Norwegian Rebels 8.28
41 Magnum Opus 8.16
42 Blondie Inc 7.8
43 LV Legion 7.7
44 HD (HotDogs) 7.6
45 Scorpio 7.1
46 Oceans 11 6.7
47 Hooligans 6.6
48 Estropia 6.5
49 EVOLUTION 6.2
50 Turpminators 5.9

Cool, nice to see this :) I guess some soc's might start whining about this, as they got lower scores than they have ingame, so I doubt this list will be concidered anything, sadly.

cool would be if we had biggest landowners in soc terminal..

thats a pretty easy thing to do me thinks or nr. of estates

interesting, really interesting :kos:

Very interesting

Good to see DK at the top for a change :)

Ok, now im going to make a chart that takes into account top 10 weight, member count, hp, and strength of weaponry :dunce:

Nice to be back at the top :laugh:

One could simply use the number of members as the weight instead of 1.02..2.00. But anything goes when you weight things hehe.

Cool chart!

Cool chart although i dont care much for the TOP50 list. What matters to me is fun, not skills.
However, the "official" TOP50 is supposedly weighed already as it displays the TOP50 socs based on the members average skills and not the total ammount of skills within the soc?

Stryker said:
Ok, now im going to make a chart that takes into account top 10 weight, member count, hp, and strength of weaponry :dunce:

Nice to be back at the top :laugh:

Yes, obviously the KATS list doesn't represent the strongest societies in a fire-fight for example. Equipment, hp and how good a player is regarding pk skills would over-ride that.

But I doubt that the official list is any more accurate in that respect wouldn't you agree?

KapokWu said:
One could simply use the number of members as the weight instead of 1.02..2.00. But anything goes when you weight things hehe.

True, the weighting number is totally arbritary. But I would need to know the total skills of each society to get an accurate figure and they're not gonna give me that info!

The reason I used the weighting number rather than just number of members in a society was to at least give some recognition to the fact that higher placed societies have a greater average skill. So at least the weighed list differentiates between those societies with equal numbers of members by boosting the higher placed ones a little.

Tigerman said:
However, the "official" TOP50 is supposedly weighed already as it displays the TOP50 socs based on the members average skills and not the total ammount of skills within the soc?

Yeah that's right of course. But I've always thought that it was a bit unfair that a society with only 5 members (such as my own <lol>) can be higher placed in the Official Top 50 than a much larger society.

For example, if White Tigers decided to bring 5 noobs in to join them ;-) they would probably fall a little in the Official Top 50 but they would still be a useful force I think :)

I dont see the point with this thread

And Stryker,cK wouldnt be near the top on that list your talking about if you count in ACTIVITY but hey. You are fresh to this game

Last edited:
You must had verry little to do man, to come up with an idea like this. ..hehe pretty cool way to look at it tho :laugh:

Nice :D

I'm so proud our soc is high in all the lists without even being really active :yup:

Well

Oracle said:
Yeah that's right of course. But I've always thought that it was a bit unfair that a society with only 5 members (such as my own <lol>) can be higher placed in the Official Top 50 than a much larger society.

For example, if White Tigers decided to bring 5 noobs in to join them ;-) they would probably fall a little in the Official Top 50 but they would still be a useful force I think :)
Well.. i could always boot members and leave ID with the 5 best and get us on the TOP50 too.. but well, TOP50 is not a goal of its own for me..

Back