Am I reading this right - Weapon for 10K Argo Mission

moondog

Stalker
Society
Stockholm Syndrome
Charley Moondog 1969
Ok I have been at this 10K Argo mission a few months now and have been trying to find best / most eco weapon fore the job. I started out with an Xent X3 which I used for a couple of months but due to bad returns and a lack of RL cash was forced to sell. I switched to Chikara Oni- Roku ELM edition which for a few months were on auction daily for a BO of 10 - 11 ped each. I was literally buying all that came up for sale and using them with an A102 - great.

Then the migration ended and prices jumped to 25 ped each. Anyway I was using up my stash of them and got down to my last 3 when I bumped into a player at icarus who was selling a Bevis Fire Fire 1.8 TT for 60 ped. I cheekily offered 55 ped and he accepted. So I charged the thing up and went out hunting Argos.

Now please tell me have I got this right

Chikara Oni-Roku ELM

Damage - 16
Range - 37.4
Attacks - 77
DMG / Sec - 14.3
DMG / Pec - 2.845
Ammo - 390

Bevis Fire Fire

Damage - 18
Range - 13.2
Attacks - 74
DMG / Sec - 15.4
DMG / Pec - 2.876
Ammo - 215

Ok so the bevis is (UL) which means that now I have it I only pay for the decay (with no MU). If I stick with the Roku the dmg per pec is roughly the same but I am paying MU everytime I buy one - currently MU is twice as much as a month ago. My understanding is that the BEVIS is more eco to use despite the fact that it needs regularly charging - but uses a very small amount of ammo. Also as it is SIB and I have maxed it I should be always using it to its full potential. Is all of the above correct or am I missing something because the BEVIS looks like a very good deal.

Am I also right in thinking I can put a BLP amp on it and if so is there a UL one that will be the right size because all the UL BLP amps seem to be quite large (too large for the Bevis anyway)

If I am right in my thinking then I love, its ace for just burning through the argos as long as you time turning it off corrrectly. I am getting the hang of this and using a hermann cap ttr for the last shot or to.

Incidentally originally I was attacking them in swarms in pixie 2a but i have reverted to doing them naked one at a time and using an opallo (with site ) as tagger

Maybe I have got all this wrong but is this an eco setup for this mission. BTW using SI heart to heal between mobs.

I see the Beavis has a very low range - 13 m. Means if you do not use a tagger, you'll have to wait until argo runs towards you ~40m to hit it once. It might increase your healing costs.

Also did you fared well with only 18 damage? Argo are regenerating....

I used Kallous-5 (also E.L.M) and HL5, but loot was crap - stopped at 5k mission

Can only applaud on the eco setup :thumbup:

and you are correct about the blp amps, atm no UL blp amps available in that range, you can try to hunt for L amps on auction or try to craft them yourself.

I wanted to skill some BLP this summer and got a similar setup, it was like this:

- Ozpyn BP S1X1 + Rage 10 (L)
- Beavis Fire Fire + Rage 10 (L)

I did fine, mostly traeskeron, molisk and cornundacauda. The eco is not very high but you have nice dps for a very low investment.

My advice, contact a rage crafter and buy them in bulk.

I stopped and sold them because there are no good UL BLP amps in that damage range.

Thanks to all the posters for advice :)

I used Adjusted Pixie, Herman ASI-24 (L) and the S.I.H.E.A.R.T. when I did this chain.

Perhaps not the most Eco set-up but I globalled many many many times while I did the entire Argo Iron Challenge chain. The globals were fun :)

It's been a while when i finished the Argo iron mission.
I used Hunter + 1a, my adj SK20-SGA for healing.
As weapons i started with Bicac Kek and later i switched to an UL Riker UL3 + A105 which lowered my defensive decay significantly.

With these learnings in mind i would suggest any low level armor / plate combination that protects around the same amount, a lot around now which are recommended by entropedia's armor advisor which are cheaper than that. When you take care not to have a too low protection the S.I. heart is good enough to heal between mobs.
Aim for a low defensive decay < 2% of your total costs. An eco carabine / amp combo with > 2.9 dpp and decent range > 50m and 15-20dps should do the job.

I was in positive after the mission, but then again it was before the iron nerf.

Good luck

At the moment I am on Argo Bronze and killing them north of new switzerland with the akoz event. I cant wait till im on silver quest, as any maturity for that counts towards it, will go back to youngs and I'm gonna tell you what I would use for a eco setup on argo youngs.

For tagging Ancient Red Scorpion + A101.
For dps Breer P4a + A104, finisher Ozpyn Chon S1X1 + A101.

All 3 are laser pistols & all 3 are about 2.970 dpp.

Breer p4a /a104

hk110 as tagger, si scorpion as finisher

They hardly regen

At the moment I am on Argo Bronze and killing them north of new switzerland with the akoz event. I cant wait till im on silver quest, as any maturity for that counts towards it, will go back to youngs and I'm gonna tell you what I would use for a eco setup on argo youngs.

For tagging Ancient Red Scorpion + A101.
For dps Breer P4a + A104, finisher Ozpyn Chon S1X1 + A101.

All 3 are laser pistols & all 3 are about 2.970 dpp.

Might want to rethink where your headed when you do the silver mission for argo. I talked to Akoz about turning up the mat on 41 north because i am working on the bronze mission.. and it takes guardian or higher to count for points. It is 50k point mission and guardians are 4 points each.

Hope this helps you get set for doing the silver mission :)

SpikE

Back