Amps & Rare resources

ZPF

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Zelos 'Playboy' Fargen
The recent ~600 PED redulite global got me wondering.

Does anyone know at which point amping will prevent the discovery of ultra-rare resources (redulite, ruga, zander, etc)?

I know unamped is the best to find these, but I am wondering if Level2-3 amps are okay as well?

I know this is a tough question, but I'm hoping someone has experimented and is willing to share their data ;)

The answer to this question changes over time and is different for different resources and different on different planets.

I would say skills and depth plays a part in it too. If you max terramaster 8 you will have better chance at finding rare stuff.

Redu changes a lot. Sometimes u can only find a stone or 2 rarely, other times u can global on it at a fairly normal rate; it's nothing like ruga.

Redu changes a lot. Sometimes u can only find a stone or 2 rarely, other times u can global on it at a fairly normal rate; it's nothing like ruga.

That's because of the cap. Example below:
if rugaritz > 10000 hibernate resource allocation
if rugaritz < 10000 resume resource allocation

When the resource in question has reached its max/or close to its max TT value (from the whole universe).

It will significantly drop its frequency, until such time when the TT server updates and someone has recycled that particular resource back into the lootpool.

Rare resources are even more capped, in turn the limit gets reached faster/often. To farm for rare resources one needs to keep an eye out for when crafters craft something that uses that particular resource, and time accordingly.

Agree with Snake Hellfire.

Concerning redulite, you can find it unamped and up to d-class amp maybe even level 10, depending if system is "open" for redulite.

Concerning rugaritz, best to find it is unamped/level 2 until level 5, but claim may be the same size if you amp level 2/level 5 up to 3 stones.

Concerning zanderium, best to find it is unamped/level 2.

A TM6 will allow you to find those, not sure the more deep you mine, the more chances you got to find those..and not sure the more skilled you are the more chances you got to find some..

:twocents:

Reactions: ZPF
That's because of the cap. Example below:
if rugaritz > 10000 hibernate resource allocation
if rugaritz < 10000 resume resource allocation

When the resource in question has reached its max/or close to its max TT value (from the whole universe).

It will significantly drop its frequency, until such time when the TT server updates and someone has recycled that particular resource back into the lootpool.

Rare resources are even more capped, in turn the limit gets reached faster/often. To farm for rare resources one needs to keep an eye out for when crafters craft something that uses that particular resource, and time accordingly.

Thx for the insight into how you coded the universe.

I also agree with Slither

I have found redu amped up to level 8/D-Class (three days ago)

Zanderium amped up to level 8/D-Class

Found Ruga amped to level 5 (but only 1 stone at a time, as if amp wasn't there)

Thank you all for your responses, very helpful! Seems like there are a lot of factors to consider.

Agree with Snake Hellfire.

Concerning redulite, you can find it unamped and up to d-class amp maybe even level 10, depending if system is "open" for redulite.

Concerning rugaritz, best to find it is unamped/level 2 until level 5, but claim may be the same size if you amp level 2/level 5 up to 3 stones.

Concerning zanderium, best to find it is unamped/level 2.

A TM6 will allow you to find those, not sure the more deep you mine, the more chances you got to find those..and not sure the more skilled you are the more chances you got to find some..

:twocents:

I have hit Zander/Redulite with Terra 5 as well. Never hit ruga or tridenite though :(

You will not get global on zand or gold with the new system. Its capped, hence the MU
While for redu... RIP. That thing may become TT food if it isn't already

With Slither,

Redu I have found with lv 13 amp. With no drop in frequency of finds.

Zand, the bigger the amp the less frequency of hits. I.E. unamped, pretty regular, dclass, bloody rare.

Ruga, biggest possible find is two stones. (I think that is its cap), that is why it is possible on a range of amps, but it is super rare, unamped or amped. My spreadsheets point around 10k-15k finds per ruga on average ish. (this is unamped)

Tridenite, i don't mind these areas, but my guess would be it follows ruga.

Rgds

Ace

Back