Help: Anyone else have problems hunting Proteron ?

loren

Stalker
Loren
Last week I went to hunt some Proteron West of Fort Troy, everything was fine untill my avator started jumping could not do anything to stop then the next thing I know i had fell underground. Reloged and the same jumping/falling,the only thing to stop this was to zip out before I threw up.

Anyway yesterday me and my team decided to hunt them again at Troy, everything was fine untill we got further NW same happend again falling through the ground, but this didn't only happento me it also happend to a team mate yet the rest of team was fine.

My mate said it only happens when Proteron are around.

Anyone else had this problem- anyway to fix it?

Thanks

Loren

This happens everywhere. Only solution I've found is to run a little bit 90° to the way you are facing and then try going that direction again. It's like there is some sort of invisible blockage at that point and you have to go around it.

Oh, and mobs experience it too. I've been able to tag a merp for example and have it run into the blockage and get stuck there

Last edited:
Thanks but i don't have any trouble anywhere else on game just here :confused:

You can't/move turn you have no control at all

Oh, well that's different then. nvm

This is beyond a joke anyone ?;)

joke
This is when you are able to go searching for ore & enmatt claims undeground.
/joke

This is when you... oh said that.
Relog is only way I see it to be fixed temporarily. Or glitching back up.

Might be a server boundary at that spot, where you cross from one server to another one. I've seen this behavior in quite a few games/virtual worlds at those "server borders". If I remember right it's a glitch of the physics engine. Only MA can fix it in this case.

I`ve goten the repetative jumping glitch several times in no particular area. Running around seems to stop it...most of the time. I havent fell through the ground yet. But knowing EU since I mentioned it I will soon enough!

joke
This is when you are able to go searching for ore & enmatt claims undeground.
/joke

This is when you... oh said that.
Relog is only way I see it to be fixed temporarily. Or glitching back up.

Like I said relog does not work or reboot! thnx anyway

I hunt with Loren often and can confirm that every time we go to hunt Proteron (being W of Fort Troy or near Tukar) this happens to her :( The extreme lag with her av getting the rubber band effect and appearing in other places instantly also happens. This has been since the first day Proterons appeared up until now.

I don't have this problem. Nor do other people in team.

Last night, we tried going there again with a team, and another player in team from the same area (geographically speaking) had the same issue.

Wondering if anyone else is having this problem, only in these areas (Proteron areas near Troy and Tukar)?

I am left wondering if this is a problem with the routing between these specific servers and the players' location (2 players from the same city - Newcastle UK - having the problem, who are on different ISPs).

Would say to open a ticket to MindArk support, but we all know how useless their response would be, if they even bother to read the whole thing. Speak up if you or someone you know in the Newcastle (UK) area is having this issue please!

Must be someone one there :ahh:

Loren I see you come from Newcastle :D
Same here but Newcastle Australia and happy Australia day:yay:

Yes I continue to have issues re this and have had little response from MA apart from a request to upload evidential pictures that I have done!
My subsequent post here is:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/bug-reports/177590-jumping-falling-through-ground-bug.html

I also have the same issue arising in dome 16 south and dome 19 south of CND (all saved and able to be posted or uploaded to MA if required)

I managed to particpiate yesterday in a Dasp hunt dome 16 with a large team but the only way to do this was to drag health bars and use them to apply shots...
Its pretty hard to drag health bars whilst pogoing all over the place, others observed me to be in forward backwards land!

I observed them to appear out of the terrain on respawn after death as well.

On my death I occassionally fell to a watery death on CND in the denizens of the apparatus and on other occasions died on land.

I have experimented with Proterons after original support case and obtained same results ....pogoing up and down, backards and forwards.

I run a decent water cooled GTX 295 and have drivers in full update and they have updated again since the original support case.
Win7 /64 bit running on Solid State Drive and 8gb ram

I have to agree with you this problem is a pain in the arse and definite a Killjoy:(:eek:

And I am wondering if one of the updates for terrain is partially corrupted, any constructive advice available ?

Some pics to support
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

It looks like problem with EU datafiles (files where eu world content stored).
Try to reinstall EU from fresh setup files. I think it must help you as it help me when I have same problems.

I watched a Neconu sink under the ground right in front of me before....I backed up and it seems to crawl back up from under the ground. :scratch2:

Thinking...is this a new mob tactic or type (Neconu Mole Young)?:D

It looks like problem with EU datafiles (files where eu world content stored).
Try to reinstall EU from fresh setup files. I think it must help you as it help me when I have same problems.

Agreed Alex as you suggested, however I am reticent to do this until a forum uber can verify this ;)

Ty all for the feedback more so Xaph who I hunted down ;)

It seems we have all had to patch EU at some point during there lame DL so A friend of mine who is having the same problem is going to DL EU from scratch see if this works! ;)

I will update as soon I hear back;)

Loren

I can confirm that reinstalling fixes this bug tried and tested :D

I can recommend you download EU from scratch and not from some back up like I did as I still had missing file terrain0.pak

(If you have had trouble reinstalling in the past and can live with this then maybe just leave it:eek: lucky for me I have pple who can help when things go wrong)!

Hope this is any sort of help ;)

Loren

Back