Anyone know how hair styling works?

Suicide

Prowler
Sajinol Suicide Jamison
All,

I just got a chair and scissors and can now cut and change hair. I tested some stuff with a friend and im not sure exactly how this all works. I didnt wanna screw her hair up, so i didnt go to far.

Can anyone tell me exactly how this works? I can only modify her CURRENT hair and only have 3 or 4 options for other styles. Do i get more options as i get more skilled? Anything else?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Suicide

Suicide said:
Can anyone tell me exactly how this works? I can only modify her CURRENT hair and only have 3 or 4 options for other styles. Do i get more options as i get more skilled? Anything else?

yep, you gotta skill up. 3 haircuts and what they have, that's it to start. =)

Dash Smashing said:
yep, you gotta skill up. 3 haircuts and what they have, that's it to start. =)

Can i test it on myself?

Suicide

Suicide said:
Can i test it on myself?

Suicide
I have no idea, but I'm happy you asked. I believe Etopia has tested it out and posted some initial stats on decay on another thread... but ya, as far as how to skill, I'm in the dark. I keep thinking, ok if I start doing this and a customer pays me to chop his/her hair, then wtf happens if my skills are so low that I screw it up?!?! :laugh:

Well, i have found that you cannot test on yourself. So i guess the only way to do it is to get a noob who doesnt care about his hair or whatever to mess with. You can modify CURRENT hairstyles.. so i guess that is one way to test... just barely modify the hair and try then again and so on. I might just grab a noob tho to give it a shot. It would be cool to get good at it. Just not sure how to go about doing it.

Suicide

you can not your self you own hair :)
looks normal

1 sit on chair
1 cut the hair

cutter do first reglage , put material ,set the price. then propose to customer.customer can change what he whant and send back to cuter.cuter can ajust reglage , material , price , and propose again...
until both found the good stuff... then both agree and cuting is done , pe luck create the cut , and the money send for card to card directly.

this is what MA write
New professions added
Three new beauty professions added, the body sculptor, hair stylist and the face sculptor. They can alter avatar looks, based on their skills, materials and equipment.

As a beauty designer, you can adjust the settings and changes a customer has requested. The customer will be notified when you transfer control of the process and show the suggested outcome for validation.

Your success rate ("SR") is based on your skills and the input materials chosen for the process. You can see the success rate for a 100 percent perfect outcome noted in each adjusted section. Note that more manipulation during a single procedure will lessen your overall success rate in every area.

When you are satisfied with the suggested outcome you can transfer control to the customer, by pressing Propose. The customer may accept the proposed outcome, or choose to alter the suggestion and transfer back the wishes to you for verification. You may then add new input materials to correspond with the customer's wishes.

When the customer accepts the suggested outcome, several checks are made to see the final result. Some areas, when several changes are proposed at once, may be 100 percent successful, while other have minor or no noticeable changes applied.

The general competence level of the designer influences the various areas you can alter, meaning a higher leveled designer has more options to choose from.

and its work like MA say :)

so basicly it means if u mess up ..nothing changes :p

Suicide said:
So i guess the only way to do it is to get a noob who doesnt care about his hair or whatever to mess with.

Pick me, pick me! :D

lol u can test on me, i dont like my hair much anyway ;p

Etopia , can you colour the hair yellow ? I don't want any other hair style , just the colour to be yellow , I tried to get it when redesigned my avatar but I just found a more darkish one :p

Mr Claude said:
Etopia , can you colour the hair yellow ? I don't want any other hair style , just the colour to be yellow , I tried to get it when redesigned my avatar but I just found a more darkish one :p
i can not color hair , i guess i am tooo nooob in hair cut.
but i am pretty that will not allow new color like yellow , purple ....

etopia gave me a hircut today.

At the end of the procedure a pop-up comes and gives the option to accept the changes or to reset your hair.
whatever you choose the hair stylist still gets the agreed amount of money (I guess because the materials have already been used).

There are two options for colour "hair colour" and "party hair colour", at a guess it looks like colouring hair will need a different tool or at least higher skills.

wanda said:
etopia gave me a hircut today.

At the end of the procedure a pop-up comes and gives the option to accept the changes or to reset your hair.
whatever you choose the hair stylist still gets the agreed amount of money (I guess because the materials have already been used).

There are two options for colour "hair colour" and "party hair colour", at a guess it looks like colouring hair will need a different tool or at least higher skills.

Hmm thx for the info. So that would frankly suck. You buy a haircut that you hate but you still have to pay the person for it. :mad:
I really think MA needs to just make some kind of head mannequin so that the hair stylists can skill without having to eat up ppl's peds

I agree svet. I wanna skill up but not many people want to let me mess with their hair! heehe! To those who said they would do it PM me and i will set up a time we can meet at our apartment and i will mess you up! lol!

Thanks!

Suicide - Maybe the first great stylist on Calypso?

Svetlana said:
Hmm thx for the info. So that would frankly suck. You buy a haircut that you hate but you still have to pay the person for it. :mad:

One problem (apart from cost) is the fact that there is no preview of what your hair will look like (only the 100% sucess is shown) until that pop-up window when the materials have already been used.

Skilling shouldn't be a problem though because you can reject the style, so no matter how bad it looks you can always get you own hair back - failing that etopia can supply you with a rancher.

A word of warning, all of the hairstyles are ugly.
The hair that most female avatars have (spider on head) isn't available.

There seems to only be no hair, fat mohawk, elvis and another style.

for the tool , it decay full ( 24ped) after the use , but if you relog , you see it decayed only 18 pec

wanda said:
One problem (apart from cost) is the fact that there is no preview of what your hair will look like (only the 100% sucess is shown) until that pop-up window when the materials have already been used.

Skilling shouldn't be a problem though because you can reject the style, so no matter how bad it looks you can always get you own hair back - failing that etopia can supply you with a rancher.

A word of warning, all of the hairstyles are ugly.
The hair that most female avatars have (spider on head) isn't available.

There seems to only be no hair, fat mohawk, elvis and another style.

Hmmm.....wonder is different styles will be unlocked with levels like the BPs. I'm not a crafter, so i'm just going by my current understanding of what I've heard about it.

My "Chrome Dome" needs a polishing :)

Az

Azrael said:
Hmmm.....wonder is different styles will be unlocked with levels like the BPs. I'm not a crafter, so i'm just going by my current understanding of what I've heard about it.

My "Chrome Dome" needs a polishing :)

Az

Yes, according to what MA said the higher your skill the more styles you get. Also you can modify the current hairstyle making it bigger smaller etc. But off the bat you can only do 3 cheesy ones and thier current.

Suicide

Etopia said:
for the tool , it decay full ( 24ped) after the use , but if you relog , you see it decayed only 18 pec

cool, i think most of us were worried about that. that saves ALOT of money

Pretender said:
cool, i think most of us were worried about that. that saves ALOT of money

Yeah.

About the costs?

Is there a basic minimum or max of Gel / Spray usage?

What about the different of GEL & Spray?

Rasta said:
Yeah.

About the costs?

Is there a basic minimum or max of Gel / Spray usage?

What about the different of GEL & Spray?

I really havent found a difference. I think that your chance to succeed is about the same with either of them until you get more skilled. My Hair Styling skill is at 80 right now and the chance of success is exactly the same with HS and gel. I think when you do to do a new style (not a touch up, but completely new hair style) gel multiplier is better than hair spray. But i havent done that yet since my skills are low and the cost of hair style materials is insane right now.

Suicide

Back