Applying Makeup...Tips for Success

jomarigsd

Guardian
Society
Synergen
Kissy Lexi Shepherd
For all of us who are just starting out with this, I thought I would post just a couple things I have learned through some practice that might help others. Skam gave me some help with the foundation and powders (thanks Scam!!).

One of the nice features I really like is the foundation DOES cover up those nasty dark circles we all seem to have under our eyes :yay:. Just make sure you get a color close to your own skin color (which that can be tricky!). Also, for those of you girls (and guys) who like eyeliner....the makeup pens work really well to give your eye a nice defined look. I bought the dark brown color which is more subtle and natural looking but for dramatic effects use the black or colored ones.

One thing I'm not sure I have figured out yet is the lip liner. It seems like it has "boundaries" of where it will go and will not go to the very outside of your lip line. Anyone else find that as well??

Having much fun with the makeup, although I have yet to save it on my mask as Im just not 100% sure of what I like yet :laugh:.

If anyone has other tips they would like to share, I am looking forward to reading them!

Lexi

Ignore me :)

Last edited:
Hello, here comes a few tips from me, I'm gonna write it short so that u don't have to get bored while reading it lol.

Before I give the tip just remember that in almost every cases, naturall look is the best.

Dark skinned ava: For a darker skinn it's always colours that is "IT". Go for orange, pink, purple, well all colours fits.

A nice setup for darkskinned ava: Try the orange-pink lipstick/lipgloss, a light red coloured rouge (don't wear to much, it always gets the impression of an "hooker"). Concentrate on the eyes with a strong coloures eyeshadow like purple or a cadmium kinda colour. A well noticed eyeliner is a must.

Verry lightskinned ava (vampyerskinn): try to lower your skintone abit with a nice powder tan. An light warm colour on the eyelids and give focus on your lips. A lipliner like maroon and just abit lighter colour on the lips. Orange-pink rouge is good looking for your skin.

Something-in-the-middle-skinned avas (most of the players): Well, we can use practcly everything, but remember, naturall is the best looks here. Maybe some eyeliner and a lipgloss is all we need. Keep it simple!

I'll give more makeup tips later on, for now I must save my strenght in my fingers for EU.
Take care and I hope u learned something :)

sorry Vi,

I couldnt resist but i think this was the best job i ever did
on someones face.
You looked so beautifull.
Too bad i didnt had a spare mask i would have defenately gave it to you.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

U see make up is not only for the vain ladies
But can be fun too:)

(this was a test btw)

Pink

Is makeup mirrored from one side of the face to the other ? or is there a way add makeup to only one side of the face ?

Is makeup mirrored from one side of the face to the other ? or is there a way add makeup to only one side of the face ?

Yes its mirrored, no atm there is no way to escape this feature :/

use the change brush size and the mouse wheel and you
can get almoast pencil thin lines especialy using rough remover
to tidy up

personaly i jus shove the makup down the barrel of my cannon
point it at my face and FIRE!!!

use the change brush size and the mouse wheel and you
can get almoast pencil thin lines especialy using rough remover
to tidy up
Carl, can you go into somewhat better detail? I found that I was unable to change the brush size on the face paint tubes, no matter what I tried. I already mapped the icons for increase/decrease brush size to quick keys, but neither pressing them, nor pressing then in conjunction with scroll wheel scrolling, did anything to change the size. I must be missing something.

Also, is there an "Undo"? What makes this makeup application such a tedious chore is the horrid lagginess of the MS Paint-like interface. It's like trying to do fine drawings in MS Paint while having 10 programs running in the background. You make a small "oops" and you could ruin an hour of work!

Personally, I wish MA made the masks themselves reusable, but each use would cause significant decay. So, if you happened to have looted some lipstick and lip gloss, you could apply those items. Later, after you looted or bought some foundation and face paints, you could add to your previous makeup; and so on. Makes a whole lot more sense than having to pay 450 - 500 PEDs (retail) for each mask.

What do you all think?

Carl, can you go into somewhat better detail? I found that I was unable to change the brush size on the face paint tubes, no matter what I tried. I already mapped the icons for increase/decrease brush size to quick keys, but neither pressing them, nor pressing then in conjunction with scroll wheel scrolling, did anything to change the size. I must be missing something.

Also, is there an "Undo"? What makes this makeup application such a tedious chore is the horrid lagginess of the MS Paint-like interface. It's like trying to do fine drawings in MS Paint while having 10 programs running in the background. You make a small "oops" and you could ruin an hour of work!

Personally, I wish MA made the masks themselves reusable, but each use would cause significant decay. So, if you happened to have looted some lipstick and lip gloss, you could apply those items. Later, after you looted or bought some foundation and face paints, you could add to your previous makeup; and so on. Makes a whole lot more sense than having to pay 450 - 500 PEDs (retail) for each mask.

What do you all think?

There is no Undo button no, unfortunally. All you have is the make-up remover. It seems however that sometimes the make-up remover stops working at one "layer" that you put on before, and lets you only remove the last thing you put on (without erasing the layer under aswell). This seems like its a bug, not sure. But can come in handy. Unfortunally it strikes quite unpredictable when doing your own make-up.

What you can do to increase and decrease brush sizes is use the "toggle brush sizes" function instead of the +/- ones. They seem bugged. Use the mouse wheel to scroll the brush to the size wanted. Of course there is a minimum size and a maximum size on these.

What you can do to increase and decrease brush sizes is use the "toggle brush sizes" function instead of the +/- ones. They seem bugged. Use the mouse wheel to scroll the brush to the size wanted. Of course there is a minimum size and a maximum size on these.
Thanks Skam! I'll try that tonight. I was only messing around with the "+" and "-" brush size icons, not the toggle brush size icon. Cheers, I'll have to upload an avatar pic soon. Before/After the Extreme Makeover: Coel Edition!

I was disappointed with the new VU that I had to choose new avatar features, and a hairstyle similar to the one I had for 4+ years wasn't one of the choices, and I couldn't really get my red hair back, either. The pigtails had to go! Now my appearance is starting to have that "feminine athletic girl with a hot temper" attitude that I started out with. :yay:

I'd like to thank you Skam for your help! Indeed, using the "Toggle Brush Size" icon, instead of the "Increase/Decrease Brush Size" icons, in conjunction with the scroll wheel allowed me to change the brush size.

However, I can say that applying makeup is seriously frustrating. Whatever you do, DON'T try to apply makeup in a busy place like Twin Peaks! The lag with your paint brushes is very difficult to work with, and some idiot started lobbing bombs around with his Vumpoor and a couple times it caused my zoom on my face to move out one notch, causing me to screw up an hour's worth of careful, tedious work.

Another time, I went to right-mouse-button to move my face, and instead, somehow the paintbrush activated, causing me to make a large makeup mark right through some finely detailed multi-colored designs, totally botching 1.5 hours of work. An "Undo" would have been a godsend!

This makeup application is a royal pain in the a$$. If only we had at least 1 level of "Undo", it would be SO MUCH EASIER, but one tiny slip due to lag or some other glitch, and hours of work are messed up! It's hard to get used to trying to paint with the paintbrush and see the actual paint appearing, not immediately, but a half-second later due to lag. You almost have to guess where the makeup is going to appear.

I was hoping it would be fun to apply the makeup, but after 3 botched attempts, I just said "screw it" and went hunting instead. My wrist was so sore after all that careful work, too. All for naught. :mad:

MindArk, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us at least 1 "Undo"!!!!

Back