Question: Argo or molisk?

mephy

Old
Society
NBK Elite
Max mephy Gordon
Gonna take another iron challenge, looking for mob :)

Looks like molisks are good - tooth @480% now.
But everyone hunt argo. Why?

What is better?
Espesually interested in loot MU.

----added----

argos has:
+good spots to hunt
+combat reflexes (60 ped!) as reward (good for evade / hp )
-agressive mobs -> bigger armor decay (?)

molisks has:
+ lower hp
- only 30 ped TT reward, with not very useful skills

Last edited:
if u want to go for mu u gotta go to moli... buu you will have to pay tax there....

hmm.. no good spots at eudoria?

I'm working on Argos at the moment, but only because I've already done the Molisks :) Molisks are certainly better for markup at the moment.

You can do them west of Isslye / south of the mission broker, or at Atami's LA if you prefer a thick but taxed spawn.

will make 200ped hunts on small argo & molisks (thx, Oleg!) and compare the MU.

I'll post the results later ;)

I choose molisks over argos for the first aid skill, tho it does mean going through the bronze for it. Tired of how slow my paramedic skill is raising, and it should bump me 2.5 levels, which is enough for ur125, and treatment unlock.

And ill probably do argonaut soon as i finish. Argo has a better reward, but i wanted the first aid.

Remember molisks do regenerate in visible fashion, like argonauts do not. Also, I find these little pricks (I am eternally grateful to Huju for this phrasing) hard to aim and also damn hard to loot. Then again who asked me to play EU as FPS ?

will make 200ped hunts on small argo & molisks (thx, Oleg!) and compare the MU.

I'll post the results later ;)

Yeah, post it, then watch the MU, on whichever is better, dropping a lot the following days. :duh:

lol, thats evil game! but I can lie :smoke::yup:

hunting argos atm, nowhere to fall, pure MU (

so, the result:

1) argos has good (and free) spawn, MU is low

2) molisks has only low-density free spawn, MU is a bit higher )
its very eco hunting )) running 70% of time, lol ))
well, the Atami LA is very nice, but tax kills all the difference in MU.

fair choice

I did both iron challenges - molisk first and then argos. I profited on both, due to hofs - would have lost on both without them.

Pros:
-Molisk are lower HP, with an LR32 you can kill them in 3 shots
-Molisk can be hunted without armor due to low HP
-Molisk drop higher MU items (tooth and muscle oil)
-Argos can be found in high density young-scout in many locations with no LA tax
-Argos often give uber loots up to 8-9k for youngs
-Argo mission gives 60 ped of a defensive skill - my evade level went up by 2.5 when I finished

Cons:
-Argos drop lower MU stuff (eye oil and iron)
-Argos require at least pixie armor, unless you have a high evade level or really big gun
-Molisk are low density in free areas - you'll have to pay 4% tax to find high density on a LA
-Molisk mission gives only 30 ped of not very useful skills

Conclusion: Molisk regular loot will be slightly more profitable (or slightly less loss) due to markup and no armor decay, even with the 4% LA tax. Argonauts will give a far more useful skill bump, and you run a small chance of a big jackpot.

OLA 26 for Molisk mission!

if u want to go for mu u gotta go to moli... buu you will have to pay tax there....

Go on OLA 26 North of Omegaton. Molisk are almost all young and the taxes are only 3.9%! (4.0 for mining)

Back