ARk mining is going to depress me

Antrace

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Antrace Letale Very
Hello all,

What's happening on surface mining? i dont think i'm a really miner, but time to time i like to do some runs, expecially when i'm looking for some kind of ore/treasure. Last + run i did was in april, after that i had so bad runs that i didn't bother to sign the runs in my spreadsheet. The 50% return are too depressing.

I ever use maxed tools and no amp.

Its not a whining post, i just say that this is not funny, no its not funny at all.

its not funny when u drop mines and got nothing for straight 15 mine in sequence (in surface).

And plz don't unswer me that sample is too small, it is enough big to say it is not funny.

Last edited:
my returns on Ark are low too, for 2 weeks after Caly i had return 90% including markup ~15%

its not funny when u drop mines and got nothing for straight 15 mine in sequence (in surface).

My record on Ark is 38 NRF in a row.

The worst part of this is - if people respond to shitty loot by making longer runs, it gets even shittier and spreads to the rest of the universe. (Because the system 'thinks' people must be happy if they cycle more)

Now after 2.0 Patch they mess with the mineral distribution and in some places fossil tooth is appear instead of other tr. Not only 70% tt return are depressing but also that they "fix" tres/ore/enm drop rate.

My last mining run on ark ended up in a 7k TT loss after spending 21k TT over the course of 1 week. The markups were about 1k, including a Dehera sword and some Maketa parts.

Seeing that, I invented my own mining game as follows:

In one pocket I've placed $2000.
Then I kept repeating in my mind several times: NRF, NRF .... Beep!
When the beep was declared, I removed $100 from the pocket and placed it into my another pocket. Then I kept doing that over and over.
By the time it was all over, I got 100% returns, and I even hofed a couple of times.

Try it, it certainly beats Ark mining.

My last mining run on ark ended up in a 7k TT loss after spending 21k TT over the course of 1 week. The markups were about 1k, including a Dehera sword and some Maketa parts.

When the beep was declared, I removed $100 from the pocket and placed it into my another pocket. Then I kept doing that over and over.
By the time it was all over, I got 100% returns, and I even hofed a couple of times.

:laugh: hahaha i'll try this evening when i'll be at home...

they nerfed something to planet side mining ... I do mine daily and average 60% return is the norm ... feels even worse after this Loot 2.0 somehow - spots that used to yield decent now seem dry

New variance planetside :)

Rocket is 80.31% TT return planetside on 47k cycled with only two small hofs this month. These are fun times indeed. But I digress... just keep dropping. Added variance just means you need more bankroll.

used to be 1 month or less to even out... now i think it's 2-3 months. I used to tell people 3k bankroll for unamped mining, now I say 5-6k or more.

Last edited:
Added variance just means you need more bankroll.
Nope. It means you get to decide whether to play the upped ante or retire until it gets under control again. If you allow them to remote control your spending and even want to sell this as a virtue, be my guest. But they won't retain a whole lot of customers this way.

Nope. It means you get to decide whether to play the upped ante or retire until it gets under control again. If you allow them to remote control your spending and even want to sell this as a virtue, be my guest. But they won't retain a whole lot of customers this way.

MA doesn't want people mining. Hasn't that been made clear in the last 4 years of changes? MA focuses 99.9% of their attention on hunting.

Honestly I'm fine with it. Even though I'm suffering losses now I have the bankroll and average markup to keep going, so the fewer miners the better.]

Edit: I have been playing A LOT less this month due to poor TT returns though. about 40% less according to cycle.

Do you go "DO DO DO DOO DO DOOOO" and also "WOOOSH DOO DOO DOOOOO DOO YAY CLAP CLAP WHOOO"

MA doesn't want people mining. Hasn't that been made clear in the last 4 years of changes? MA focuses 99.9% of their attention on hunting.

Honestly I'm fine with it. Even though I'm suffering losses now I have the bankroll and average markup to keep going, so the fewer miners the better.]

Edit: I have been playing A LOT less this month due to poor TT returns though. about 40% less according to cycle.

The planetside Arkadia mining lately sucks, they capped a lot of crucial minerals and it is disaster. Cave sap went from 120% up to 150% in 2 months( avg find per 1k ped x3 drops - 20-40ped) Ignisium from 140% to 180%(avg find per round 10-20ped) Narc from 103 to 110 and going up (avg find per round 5-10 peds) Adomasite (avg find per round 5 ped) ect ect. And try to find some songkra or khorodul, 10ped per round if lucky. Avg returns per round - somwehere around 75-79% so every round is 300ped tt loss minimum. I dont know what MA want to do but we all fell it, amps price is going up and all other stuff will go up too.

The planetside Arkadia mining lately sucks, they capped a lot of crucial minerals and it is disaster. Cave sap went from 120% up to 150% in 2 months( avg find per 1k ped x3 drops - 20-40ped) Ignisium from 140% to 180%(avg find per round 10-20ped) Narc from 103 to 110 and going up (avg find per round 5-10 peds) Adomasite (avg find per round 5 ped) ect ect. And try to find some songkra or khorodul, 10ped per round if lucky. Avg returns per round - somwehere around 75-79% so every round is 300ped tt loss minimum. I dont know what MA want to do but we all fell it, amps price is going up and all other stuff will go up too.

resources get fucked with every single update...

think....
1) new guns
2) new bps to come
3) preventing amp/gun crafters from profiting hand-over-fist (think 50k/month profit in pre-ep4 era).
4) it will balance out surely... for now, 190% ignis and 170% cave sap is a good thing.

Lol what... it isnt caps as much as it is demand... i have no problems finding khorudoul either. Difficulty finding certain resources is not specific or unique to arkadia. That is everywhere. It is a new system.

Lol what... it isnt caps as much as it is demand... i have no problems finding khorudoul either. Difficulty finding certain resources is not specific or unique to arkadia. That is everywhere. It is a new system.

I mean Khorum, how much that you can find per 167 drops on tres? how much songkra you can find per 167 drops? 1 or 2 claims?

So if demand is high and price is very high why noone is mining to cover it? or a lot of people is mining but cant find bigger amounts?

I mean Khorum, how much that you can find per 167 drops on tres? how much songkra you can find per 167 drops? 1 or 2 claims?

So if demand is high and price is very high why noone is mining to cover it? or a lot of people is mining but cant find bigger amounts?

For those, it is part caps and part lack of reward. In those areas, there are things like fossil tooth that are tt food. I dont really like going after those treasure resources but i do. Coupled with the demand, it is the reason for the markup.. but that is a good thing.

Not sure any of this is in the underground.. UG is what applies downward pressure on resource markup (and other indoor areas). I remember i used to get 300% for mosquito amber before UG.

Last edited:
For those, it is part caps and part lack of reward. In those areas, there are things like fossil tooth that are tt food. I dont really like going after those treasure resources but i do. Coupled with the demand, it is the reason for the markup.. but that is a good thing.

The thing is that fossil was not dropping on white area on arkadia before 2.0 loot update, they change it, you could easy find 200ped of that there with no problem, same with songkra on desert, same with other stuff like narc on server where is yours land. They mess with everything and I don like it. I was droping 2-4k ped tt of bombs per day with L30 and now I don see any point to do that because I cant find what I need or I can find 20 ped tt of it per round. So imagine if crafter need that typical material in amount like 1k ped tt per round, how the fuck Im suppose to deliver such amount to him? I should do 25 rounds in same spot for 7 to 15 days? If they will play such way with us all prices will go up heavy on auction, end of lvl 5 amps for 103% welcome lvl amps for 115% because is it shappening now. Check for example price of basic sheet metals, price went up for like 12% in 2 days because there is no narc and no alicense.

The thing is that fossil was not dropping on white area on arkadia before 2.0 loot update, they change it, you could easy find 200ped of that there with no problem, same with songkra on desert, same with other stuff like narc on server where is yours land. They mess with everything and I don like it. I was droping 2-4k ped tt of bombs per day with L30 and now I don see any point to do that because I cant find what I need or I can find 20 ped tt of it per round. So imagine if crafter need that typical material in amount like 1k ped tt per round, how the fuck Im suppose to deliver such amount to him? I should do 25 rounds in same spot for 7 to 15 days? If they will play such way with us all prices will go up heavy on auction, end of lvl 5 amps for 103% welcome lvl amps for 115% because is it shappening now. Check for example price of basic sheet metals, price went up for like 12% in 2 days because there is no narc and no alicense.

Pretty sure it was dropping.. if not flint axe head and mosquito amber.. now it is fossil tooth. Stuff changes. Time to adapt and change your patterns. Perhaps the stuff you want are in other planets/areas.

Pretty sure it was dropping.. if not flint axe head and mosquito amber.. now it is fossil tooth. Stuff changes. Time to adapt and change your patterns. Perhaps the stuff you want are in other planets/areas.

Mosq amber was rarely dropping ther and only on the right side of white area, on left you could not find it. Other tres was dropping there and it was ok because you were spending less time to extract them, fossil is the type of tres with the same value per 1piece like lyst and instead of doing full round for 1h 45minutes Im doing id for 2h 10 to 20minutes plus cos of exctractor went from below 2 ped up to sometimes even 7peds.

On arkadia on 1 server you have almost unique sets of ore/enm. Narc is only on top right server, alicense is on Dianth server, cave sap is on white area and on taxed 8 coins but the amounts are almost the same on each server. So I dont see any solution of that, only amps and I hate mining with those.

Back