Armour, Energy and Noise

Pallas Gaudio

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Pallas Gaudio
Possibly this should be in the Off-Topic section. If so, my apologies and moderators please move (it, not yourselves).

Scientists have just done a little research into the energy costs of wearing medieval armour. Not exactly unexpected results, but interesting nonetheless. I was struck by the noise of movement (see the video) - maybe that's something that could add to the Entropia experience.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-14204717

Last edited:
Reactions: Wed
Very cool. Can you imagine the sound of a 10k man army :eyecrazy: Dead by sound! :laugh:

...- maybe that's something that could add to the Entropia experience.

No! No way!

- If you don't have enough strenght u cannot wear your armour effectively
- If you don't have enough agility you will get seepd penalty

Do you want SIB armors? Do you really want to get nerfed again? :eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

No! No way!

- If you don't have enough strenght u cannot wear your armour effectively
- If you don't have enough agility you will get seepd penalty

Do you want SIB armors? Do you really want to get nerfed again? :eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

Not to worry - I was only suggesting that more armour noise sound-effects could be added :D

Knights didnt generally fight on foot tho. They rode horses - not prancy lil Arabian thoroughbreds, but solid medium-weight breeds like Percheron and Shire horse types from what I've read - strong enough to carry the weight.

But to stay more ontopic .. I'm not sure I want to go clanking all over the place when I go hunting .. the footsteps are distracting enough as it is! :laugh:

Last edited:
Back