Armour Supply and Customisation by Jaywalker

jaywalker

Stalker
Society
-TAO-
Juniper Jaywalker Jones
Yes! As a level 21 armourer I could supply you with Zombie(L) (I have full set of prints of that one, and some others, and do craft it for my own use) but as a colourer and texturer, the main focus of my interest is the customisable armours, particularly Hoplite and the RT sets.

For the past few months I have been building up stocks of these sets (since the blueprints are limited, some materials hard to get, and I wouldn't want to run out!) so that I can offer full sets of Hoplite or Grunt, direct to your door, at competitive prices! (see list below). I can also customise Jarhead for you of course (it's exactly the same as Grunt, as regards looks/ customisation) or anything else with a (C) after it's name

In the following posts, I intend to show you what can be done with these armours, and also to point out a few peculiarities which limit what can be done

For full info on customisation in general, please click the link in my sig. Customising armour is much the same, in essence, as customising clothing or anything else, so I don't intend to repeat the same info here.

But first! To get you in the mood for reading on, here are some pieces that I've already done, starting with my famous purple Hoplite set:

purple_hoplite_demo2.jpg

View image in gallery

As you can see, by just replacing the sandals and helm with stilettos and a beret, I can transform the armout into evening wear. People are often really incredulous when I tell them it's an armour set :laugh:

This next one is a set I made purely for demo purposes. My longsuffering socmate , Tommygun Ze-tomb Raider is the patient model:

Here's a Jarhead set that I customised for Mark Rufen Power:

The black parts are pre-textured and can't be changed (though I can add more black areas). The red parts are done using Nusul and Halix textures. The matching red-and-black coat is pure Nusul. We estimated the total customisation cost at around 700 PED for the lot, iirc, these costs being spread over a period of time, as it took awhile to collect enough texture. I crafted some of it, and some was bought from auction.

If you want to see more Jarhead customisations, do visit this thread

And finally, to give you am even better idea of what can be done with Grunt, Jarhead etc, here are some Grunt Combat mask designs that I created by applying textures over cheap backing colour:

Weeell, I didn't actually click the apply button (there are some rather pricey textures in there :laugh:) . That is just a preview, but they are all within my range :)

jay :)

Last edited:
AVAILABILITY AND PRICES:

I do auction these armours, but tend to run out of auction slots. In any case, you will find that my direct sales prices are less than my auction prices.

I visit all planets on a regular basis. Contact me by PM (preferably) or via this forum to arrange a meeting. Try to offer a range of times/ days. Special deliveries will be considered if you are willing to cover transport costs

I prefer to supply full sets. If you just want a piece or two , there may be a surcharge. The following prices are the maximum I will charge you. They may be subject to change without notice, in the downward direction

Hoplite (C)

Full set (no strings): 60 PED
IF set puchased for customisation by myself: full set: 50 PED
Individual pieces price varies considerably between 3 and 18 pED, depending on piece/ costs/market forces. Minimum order 18 PED.

My crafted Hoplite is also available on Calypso from the following supplier:
sigpic40812_10.gif

Shop 1L, Floor 1, Emerald Lakes Mall

otherwise known as "Sam's shop" Presently the Hoplite pieces are in the care of the Shopkeeper on the left, unmistakably dressed in the blue Hoplite set featured above. However , Sam has been instructed to consider offers for this set, so he might have to change his clothing!

Grunt (C)
Full set (no strings): 45 PED
IF set puchased for customisation by myself: full set: 35
individual pieces 7 PED each. ( 3 PED surcharge if only one piece required)

Paint and Texture:
Bear in mind that a complete armour set will have up to 21 fields (up to 3 fields per piece) and the recommended amount per field is 323 cans/ textures. In some cases ( many paints, a few of the cheaper textures) I might have enough material in stock, or be able to obtain it right away. In most cases, it will need to be collected, often rather slowly.
As I do craft textures. I am willing to help with this, but may need to ask advance payment (due to shortage of personal funds) and/or a non-refundable deposit (as I have sometimes been stuck with unwanted textures after customers changed their minds)

Last edited:
Also reserved for more info

Reserved for more info again

Reserved for more info!

Reserved for more info!!

Back