Article mentioning EU

"once you're skilled and past the noob stage, you may be able to make a respectable £50 a week from your persistent gaming addiction."

If you don't profit your a noob???

"once you're skilled and past the noob stage, you may be able to make a respectable £50 a week from your persistent gaming addiction."

If you don't profit your a noob???

:yay: Where do I claim my £50?

Let's see what they have to say after CE2 and the planets arrive.

This one was another "can't be arsed" report...detailed about SL and land prices yet not a mention of similar opportunites in EU despite the chance to own a planet now available which is just a little interesting IMHO...or should be.

Interest has to grow pretty soon I think, assuming MA get some promotion done, but even if not I think ND is capable of doing that well enough once his planet is up and running.

t

Page two of that is quite interesting. EU's total download is 1.3GB.

The interesting thing from my point of view is that they mentioned the cost of Second Life, yet made very little mention of the exhorbitant prices in EU!

Buy some land in SL for $1000, buy it in EU for $20,000!

Ok, it's a bit like comparing chalk with cheese, but I still haven't seen an article like this which actually gives realistic information about EU. Where'd they get that 50 bucks a week from? Doesn't it cost $15 a month to play? I'm confused :D

Oh well, just goes to prove you can't believe anything you read. Personally, I know more folks who make a good living from SL than from EU, but that's what free trade does for you ;)

MA/FPC must have paid a lot to that writer to lie about " once you past the noob stage you will earn £50 a week. "
A very dirty and nasty way to get new players. I wonder if MA/FPC pay that man in cash or some uber ingame item.

MA/FPC must have paid a lot to that writer to lie about " once you past the noob stage you will earn £50 a week. "
A very dirty and nasty way to get new players. I wonder if MA/FPC pay that man in cash or some uber ingame item.

Even the quote doesn't say you "will" earn, but rather that you "may" earn. Ofc you have to devote a lot of time to the more profitable opportunities in EU, can't have too bad luck, have to avoid the ped-losing activities that can be a lot of fun, etc.

I know hardcore ppl that probably earn that much regularly--quite doable.

you may or you will... ok you may if you TT return rate is 99% you may be able to pull this off...

lez see ...

Please anyone with average return rate of 99.9 % post a thread here with :yay:

Please anyone with average return rate < 95% and think they aern't noob anymore post a thread here with :mad:

Anyone think that article is misleading post a thread too ...
maybe a poor choice of word again by me...

but I have to say how to interpret the words in that article

you may be able ... I read it and I interpret it like " you will get " not as " you wont get ..."

Last edited:

you may or you will... ok you may if you TT return rate is 99% you may be able to pull this off...

lez see ...

Please anyone with average return rate of 99.9 % post a thread here with :yay:

Please anyone with average return rate < 95% and think they aern't noob anymore post a thread here with :mad:

Anyone think that article is misleading post a thread too ...
maybe a poor choice of word again by me...

but I have to say how to interpret the words in that article

you may be able ... I read it and I interpret it like " you will get " not as " you wont get ..."

MA are not responsible for everything that is written about EU. And the article isn't misleading particularly, you are just misleading yourself.

It does not say you will (ie. it is certain) earn £50 a week. It says you may (ie. it is possible) earn £50 a week. It doesn't say how to do it, and it doesn't say everyone can do it.

you will doesnt mean certain all the time I used it there as a future form...
you may be able -> mean there is certainty of possiblities. If you play long enough over a long perdiode of time... it is eventualty, and that eventualty is repeatble...
And I see people camp and repeating the same thing or mobs over and over again... I see they are looking for that eventuality of break even, if someone read that article and that persone is proably looking for that £50 every week ... but that isnt the point is it?

How convenient it must be for MA, a free ad in the article.

yeh of course MA/FPC aernt responble for other people's words...

I was just wondering ...

Now I am wondering how many ubers are out there , those may be able to make 50 every week now according to Coop. ( except those who camp at Oil rig and or pk in PVP 4 or trade or gather sweat 24/7 with a sweatbot or something)

you will doesnt mean certain all the time I used it there as a future form...
you may be able -> mean there is certainty of possiblities. If you play long enough over a long perdiode of time... it is eventualty, and that eventualty is repeatble...
And I see people camp and repeating the same thing or mobs over and over again... I see they are looking for that eventuality of break even, if someone read that article and that persone is proably looking for that £50 every week ... but that isnt the point is it?

No, you are not understanding the words will and may.

"Martin will get $50 tomorrow" implies that it is a certainty that Martin gets $50 tomorrow. "Martin may get $50 tomorrow" implies that it is a possibility that Martin gets $50 tomorrow.

May doesn't imply any certainty, just as the article here doesn't.

Some people with the right know-how can make £50 a week in-game. Many other people can not (or can, but do not). The article doesn't imply anything that conflicts with that reality.

except those who camp at Oil rig and or pk in PVP 4 or trade

Why make exceptions? The article doesn't make any suggestion of how money should be made. Those people are playing EU too, they just play it differently to you.

Now I am wondering how many ubers are out there , those may be able to make 50 every week now according to Coop. ( except those who camp at Oil rig and or pk in PVP 4 or trade or gather sweat 24/7 with a sweatbot or something)

Those (uber or not) who profit consistently by hunting or mining are not likely to post here saying they do. Then everyone would watch them like hawks to copy what they do--and it would get harder to profit. But they do exist--in addition to all those who profit using your "exceptions" mentioned above.

It must be a typo or they didnt stress something out properly.

I guess they ment:

OR

"once you're skilled and past the noob stage, you will have to pay a respectable £50 a week for your persistent gaming addiction."

:laugh:

I.

It must be a typo or they didnt stress something out properly.

I guess they ment:

OR

"once you're skilled and past the noob stage, you will have to pay a respectable £50 a week for your persistent gaming addiction.

:laugh:

I.

The first statement there is true (making 'may' bold doesn't change the meaning, it just shows the writer thinks the reader is too stupid to infer the correct meaning unless he puts emphasis on the 'may'), the second statement there is false.

They could however have written:

"once you're skilled and past the noob stage, you may find yourself paying £50 a week for your persistent gaming addiction."

Both this and the actual statement written are true. Some people make £50 a week playing EU. Some people lose £50 a week playing EU. Most people are in between those two extremes.

Last edited:
Good find and interesting read there!

legion has developed a thread making addiction due to old age

Last edited by a moderator:
wel from what I know people can make money from

Exploit server border -> copied a lot
Use multiple account and sweat bots -> yeh copied a lot...too
Farming disciple or use alts to farm disciples -> that one is copied a lot as wel

hmmm what else oh yeh scamm works too backstable your pals in a few months time. walk away with the borrowed items...

.... Yeh sure there are lot of ways to make money , but that isnt the point yeh surely you can kill other avatars in PVP 3/4 and do al kind of nasty things to get money as you can do anywhere else in the world...

I doubt honest playing will get you anyway.

But that isnt a secret, is it? The trick is keep it nice myterious and schrouded in secrets... and have some "players" to tell everyone around " there is a possiblity to earn 50 bucks from your adiction " wow aernt that something .. last time I checked addiction only cost money heheh

Wont it be nice if you are an uber chain smoker and you can earn 50 bucks everyweek with you smokey addiction.

They should print that on the sigaretpack aswel :)

of course the tobacco farmers aernt responisble for what is printed on ....

I know a lot of people who can make that sum/week and they are honestly ones,they don't make any exploits, or fake borrow or fake trade, but this is not means that its verry easy to do it.I play like non depo and I'm proud what I have done in game with less depo until today,I make my steps easy but I never go down, or I'm not complain about MA,or what they do or how they do,I don't care till I'm the guest in their game and I'm wellcome to play.Its your responsability to make everyday your balances to see if your on profit or not and also your responsabilities to reduce your costs,untill is not to late,to cry about it.You should think more when you do something,because the game its make it good for smart peoples and if you`re smart enought you will never loose 1 ped.:laugh:

I doubt honest playing will get you anyway.

The people I know and talk about hunt and mine honestly for profit.

if you`re smart enought you will never loose 1 ped.:laugh:

Smarts help, but it certainly isn't all about that. It's probably more about intentionality--doing only (or mostly) those things that will bring you profit and getting better and better at them. And of course you lose peds sometimes anyway--but gain them back and more later.

yesterday I met a smart persone, he asked a lot and left :) He didnt loose a single ped.

yesterday I met a smart persone, he asked a lot and left :) He didnt loose a single ped.

But he lost a great game where he could have met some great friends! I know I have!

He asked a lot about professions, I think he want to play for free or for a limited budget.
He didnt like sweat gathering :(
He didnt think the game is balanced when I told him about the general 80~90% return rate in TT value. :)
I did try to enlighten him about the various possbilities of focusing on getting high MarktValue stuffs, and some people may break even with certain activity ( I dont know which one, maybe next time I will tell them to ask Coop )
Or he trade stuffs and play with the profit, starting with sell his own sweat :)
But at the end he didnt see to be impressed lol
Not even I point out -> hey you can be lucky and get a lot of money for nothing lol (oh I will be send to hell for this )
Guess he is a cold headed MMORPG player....
He didnt ask about society or how to make friends....Maybe he will come back after he tried other games heheh ahha or not :)

EU certainly isn't for everyone. I remember there being a great thread--something to help someone decide if EU is likely to be a good game for them. Maybe someone can point to it?

I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this but EU was included on the free DVD in the latest PC Advisor Magazine in the current (UK) issue.

I don't know if there was a feature on EU within the magazine because I didn't buy it but the DVD described EU as a 'fascinating, virtual experience' if I remember correctly.

Mr Spock 's first conact with Entropia Universe hmm Fascinating ...

ps that kind of thread will never make it in any articles in a game magazine :)

Back