Assign CLD's TT value of 1000 PED

Korin Dante MDe

Prowler
Assign CLD's TT value of 1000 PED to safe guard the investment of players and assign CLD owners as the legal owners of Planet Calypso with 100 USD ownership for each CLD held. Register FPC as legal entity and subsidiary of MindArk...

People living in Sweden or Europe with high value of USD, $$$ or money invested in entropia can take up this issue with the Legal Authorities of Sweden and bring MindArk under the act of Law as they have gone too far with investments and money in there bags.:dunce::wise::wtg:

Since I buy CLDs for dividends and not for reselling, I don't mind them falling below 1000, or below 500 for that matter. The lower, the more I'll buy.

I have a counter-proposition, let's change tt value of all items to that of CLDs - 0.00001 ped (return the removed value to pedcards, of course), and let the market decide the value.

First of they aren't breaking any laws so "bringing them under the law" is kinda redundant. Secondly a CLD owner is not a shareholder and that system was never intended to act as such, if they wanted to sell you stock in there company they would have done so.
Increasing the TT value of CLDs is never gonna happen because again its redundant and counter productive to the actual goal of the CLDs.

PS. Calypso is a subsidiary of MindArk... and to my knowledge that specific company has always been.

There is a discussion to be had about how virtual worlds should conduct the monetary aspect of the business and more specifically player accounts, but that is nothing that is solved by changing a few nuts and bolts here and there, that require major restructuring not to mention government issued licenses for banking and monetary services. (Which MindArk have applied for in the past, however they withdrew there application for the moment if memory serves me right)

Best regards
Zweshi

Nothing positive will be gained long term by giving them TT value... In fact bad things will happen.

Of course what will happen here with this thread is it will devolve into short sighted rants about CLD revenue and other things.

Then some people, with their particular brand of logic, will conclude that because it's possible for CLD to dip under 1000, its an absolute certainty that it will happen, and as a result they will sell, further driving down the prices.

Last edited:
I have a counter-proposition, let's change tt value of all items to that of CLDs - 0.00001 ped (return the removed value to pedcards, of course), and let the market decide the value.

And have a dmg related counter that is not directly linked to TT. Though that would remove decay from the equation which would affect economy in a bad way.

Assign CLD's TT value of 1000 PED to safe guard the investment of players and assign CLD owners as the legal owners of Planet Calypso with 100 USD ownership for each CLD held. Register FPC as legal entity and subsidiary of MindArk...

People living in Sweden or Europe with high value of USD, $$$ or money invested in entropia can take up this issue with the Legal Authorities of Sweden and bring MindArk under the act of Law as they have gone too far with investments and money in there bags.:dunce::wise::wtg:

why investment should have esact failsafe value ?

ivestment can be 0 ped and can be 50000. making cld worth 1000ped is no point for mindark than they can held it themselfs and not sell it .

imagine that you bought a stock from microsoft . it can be worth 0 and can be wort 500000 usd

Since I buy CLDs for dividends and not for reselling, I don't mind them falling below 1000, or below 500 for that matter. The lower, the more I'll buy.

The lower the dividend the lower will be price of CLD and people will look to sell them further driving the prices down.... And what happened with hangers might happen with CLD.

Oh dear, your idea is full of so many errors in common sense i for once cant even bother to think up a decent response.

The lower the dividend the lower will be price of CLD and people will look to sell them further driving the prices down.... And what happened with hangers might happen with CLD.

I really dont see how you can compare hangars with CLD

Previously hangars were the only way to leave calypso. You entered the hangar and boarded a ship that took an imaginary flight.

When space launched, all of those hangar owners were given a privateer and now we fly around in an actual ship. When that happened, the value of the hangar bay transferred to the Privateer.

Actually, CLDs were sold pretty much like RL stocks - there was an "IPO" with 1k initial price and all the fluctuations we see now are just market forces at work in the secondary market when existing CLDs change hands from one investor to another.

Guess what, stocks doesn't have "tt price" either. There is a stock with an IPO with a price of 25$ each, later it goes up in the secondary market to 50$ but than back down to 30$. In future the company can go bankrupt and your stocks are worth 0. End of story.

The more I read Korin Dante MDe posts on investments, economics and similar stuff, the more brain cells are dying in my head. :eyecrazy:

People like this should be banned from the forum to stop spreading horrible ideas. That would protect our investments. I've seen some pretty bad ideas since I joined the forums, but this is a strong contender for the absolute worst.

Well, what the OP seems to be de facto suggesting is that CLD should be treated as a bond with a par value of 1,000 and with variable interest rate tied to a calypso performance index. What a CLD really is, is equity in the Calypso business, and as such has no real floor to speak of. Think there may be just a confusion between the concepts.

cld sell can't be counted as income if they changed the tt value after the sell was completed. If you are holding clds and are scared they will drop in market value like auds did somewhat, sell now while markup is still high. Otherwise, hold on and enjoy the ride. :)

Hey, if you don't like the fact that CLDs have no tt value, don't buy them.

Pretty sure MA isn't going to volunteer to assign them a 6 million dollar tt value, just cause you suggested it.

To give CLD a value of 1k ped is a stupid and ridiculous idea. I see in my own way why MA decided to give them a value of 0 (is it exactly 0, or is it .0000etc1, I forget) instead of 1k.

And on a side note, why do people get all bitchy about -rep and decide to give equal -rep on a totally different post that's in no way related to the content? Seems people like that are unsocial and dislike other people's opinions.

I think enough ridicule has been heaped on OP so will not comment further but i DO wish they'd assign them a tt of 1k for the auction history and show MU in % so that it's actually useful.

i think maybe more interesting to assign tt value to each avatar's skill value and then maybe implement highlander system so when you off dan dan or a star or a boobie or a joda you get the quickening action while saving costs on esi

Back