Attractors, repellers and other such dynamic system nonsense..

R4tt3xx

I want to believe
Society
Freelancer
Alexis Sky Greenstar
So heres a wild idea.. Most entities in the game act as a fixed point attractor and repeller. If you do not know what I am talking about then you better brush up on your dynamic system knowledge, Lorenz attractors and such nonsense. So I tested a cos and sin attractor x=cos(cos(cos......) y=sin(sin(sin......) and interestingly enough I was able to trace a path to 0,0 using it. (I hope I am at least making sense to some players out there who understand this stuff better than what I do).

Next I plotted a ^(1/2) attractor to the coordinates of a certain teleporter and was able to trace a path back to it from my current position... So ye this game definitely uses dynamical systems just as advertised.

Now add into the mix players as attractors and repellers and it creates a whole new ball game. It should be possible to trace a mining "vein" of sorts to any entity in the game, depending on how strong resources are attracted to that entity. What I think is the higher the skills of the entity, the higher the attraction.

As for the repelling part, spend any resource and the cost of that resource is repelled away from the entity depending on its skills.

Oh and spirals are definitely a thing as they match the parameters of dynamical systems perfectly, So don't stand idle with your level exposed, I will be coming for your loot...

Last edited:
Can you write a summary for normal folk?

Nice to see good, old R4tt3xx popping in now and then 🙂

Chat GPT translation:

This post is about a game that uses math to control how things move and interact with each other. The person writing the post found out that they could follow a path to get to special places in the game using math concepts like cosine and sine. They also found out that players in the game can act like magnets, attracting or pushing away things like resources depending on their skills. The person writing the post says that there are spirals in the game too, and that they might try to take other players' things.

Chat GPT translation:

This post is about a game that uses math to control how things move and interact with each other. The person writing the post found out that they could follow a path to get to special places in the game using math concepts like cosine and sine. They also found out that players in the game can act like magnets, attracting or pushing away things like resources depending on their skills. The person writing the post says that there are spirals in the game too, and that they might try to take other players' things.
pretty accurate EU description, at least according to this dude

Love chatgpt.. Ye its right ..

I don't think anyone has anything to worry about regarding this little "game" though. It should be doing as advertised. I just like looking into systems like this..

Its basically a single math formula that is being run over and over again.. Like the way that most players mine for example x=x+110 except mine may be x=cos(x)+110.

Here's something cool from chatgpt..

*exp( a ) *sqrt( n )*2*pi() - unredacted..

Stats and financial guys should know this little math gem..

Increasing n places the points further away from an action, deceasing it pulls the points closer.

Substitute (-loot value) into n and you have a system that punishes profit and rewards loss, which brings the system into balance.

Last edited:
So I tested a cos and sin attractor x=cos(cos(cos......) y=sin(sin(sin......) and interestingly enough I was able to trace a path to 0,0 using it. (I hope I am at least making sense to some players out there who understand this stuff better than what I do).
I would start here and keep at it until you no longer need ChatGPT to interpret why these functions approach zero when successively applied to their output (and why this makes no sense at all - both the calculation and the bot, you could ask your dog with the same result): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigonometric_functions

A better source (Wikipedia editors like to copy from it): https://mathworld.wolfram.com/topics/FoundationsofMathematics.html

The earlier mentioned concept of entropy, in a roundabout way, has something to do with your idea of studying attractors, but you could shorten your journey significantly by going there directly as suggested before? Just prepare to spend some time with statistics and its applications in the natural world. If you could bring yourself to follow a more systematic introduction into the subject, the benefit would be great. I'm not laughing at it though, it is not something we do intuitively.

I would start here and keep at it until you no longer need ChatGPT to interpret why these functions approach zero when successively applied to their output (and why this makes no sense at all - both the calculation and the bot, you could ask your dog with the same result): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigonometric_functions

A better source (Wikipedia editors like to copy from it): https://mathworld.wolfram.com/topics/FoundationsofMathematics.html

The earlier mentioned concept of entropy, in a roundabout way, has something to do with your idea of studying attractors, but you could shorten your journey significantly by going there directly as suggested before? Just prepare to spend some time with statistics and its applications in the natural world. If you could bring yourself to follow a more systematic introduction into the subject, the benefit would be great. I'm not laughing at it though, it is not something we do intuitively.
Oh no no no, it suggested a slope...

Using a slope is brilliant as it would be an attractor and a repellor at the same time. Plus I like the look of it E^n blah blah... Mindark will always profit and thats what the players want... A way to keep the lights on...

I'll save you lifetimes of effort. No need to build a computer that builds another computer either. The answer is 42.

GPT3 is an amazing learning tool, interacting with it just opens your mind to new ways of thinking that were just not there before.

I don't think that most people "get" what some persons are referring to in this thread or other threads like it, but that is their purpose, to fuel the drive to know more, that's what I love about this game, sure it cost me a few $$$ but education does cost money..

It's a lovely playground to test things, weather it be consciously or not and to experience the various black swan events (yes look new words) that occur when exploring that playground.

I have a long way to go in my journey of lifelong learning, especially in maths and sciences and invite you to join me...

I have a long way to go in my journey of lifelong learning, especially in maths and sciences and invite you to join me...
I tried to invite you to join me. It seems we have made up our minds about our respective search paths.

I tried to invite you to join me. It seems we have made up our minds about our respective search paths.
Fair enough, I have come a long way since then, chat ingame ?

Back