Suggestion: Auction Changes For Unreal Upgrade

I like that model with a twist tho. I would definitely go with more slots but for actual game cycle. You're a hunter, miner, crafter cycling minimum 10k? + 1 slot. You're a blank account only reselling, fine, 5 slots max. For orders too. How owning an apartment would make one need extra AH slots? While a very active crafter, miner hunter would obviously need extra slots to sell goods produced. Same for bids! You have no game activity (tt in), max 5 active bids. Why do you need slots for placing auctions and auction orders, or bids if you don't interact with the game... this would be the best use of dynamic AH access.

That's a very good idea, it makes a lot of sense. The suggestion I made regarding Apartment deeds giving you an extra auction slot is just an old idea of mine where I was actually trying to figure out more benefits to owning Apartments, but your idea with the cycle makes a lot more sense, absolutely.

It might be a bit tricky to figure out how this would work exactly, cycling varies vastly from week to week, if a player cycles a ton over a one week period and gets an additional 10 slots, how long do they get those slots for? If it's for a week, can I wait until the last day and then use them to list auctions for 7 days?

I could see this becoming a bit of a logistical nightmare. Planning for and managing my auction slots becomes tedious and the number of slots I actually have could end up being vastly different from week to week.

With the point system I proposed, the number of slots I'd have would be more static.

I do like the idea cause it makes a lot of sense. Maybe it should be based on the average daily cycle over the last 3 months, that should help to make things a bit more stable and predictable.

Maybe it should be based on the average daily cycle over the last 3 months,
I was sitting here thinking "rolling average" when I got to this part :D

I think cutting people back to 5 is a bit rough though...

Makes it super hard for an actual new player to get rolling. As for the others it just means a couple more accounts. If there's a mission or some action (something besides a straight buying slots) that earns a player permanent slots up to at least 10 (if not the current amount) that could be cool, and mess with the alts.

Once you have your base then maybe the sky's the limit for steady players and big cyclers, with something tracking activity and allowing more leeway.

@Evey I hear your point about the deeds, sort of. MA does encourage people here to "invest" and "start a business" - or at least they have in the past. For my part, some extra auction slots actually coming with a shop deed would help to offset any perceived "loss of value" shop owners feel with more active cyclers getting added slots.

I don't know if there would be any real reason to include apartments/estates in that though.

Potentially the 2/6 ped transfer system will see changes too?

Hah imagine if UE5 arrives with delivery missions!! 😅 (then wake up c'mon)

Yup, they must have been so far down the road with delivery missions, as they had actually introduced the crates idea of stuff being safe at a price, but sometimes crazy weights and announced for sure that it was coming just down the line! I assume they were held back by not being able to solve the whole logoff problematics to their satisfaction.
They even gave away the specific detail that revenue from transfers would be put into the rewards from transport missions - another rare reveal that shows how close they must have been... long ago now.

Makes it super hard for an actual new player to get rolling.
It used not to be super hard when new players had PA with @boxes and a good number of buyers (also people buying to gather bulk for others).
I guess the idea of limiting slots also depends on whether MA is willing to let go of some of the fees from stuff that currently times out etc. A reworking of freedoms and costs, auction reach, pickup, 10 pec or 1 pec increments etc. play in as well. I forgot about P2P above when thinking of the competition the AH has and will have in the future.
Tricky, but the economy in a more complicated RCE world will surely gain in relevance...

Back