Auctions fees

Zacariaz

Elite
Society
United Talents
Marie T'pol
First of all, if the is poste incorrectly it's bacause i was unable to find a suitable forum.

The question is of course regarding the auction fee. We know that the minimum fee is 0.50 ped and that the maximum fee is 100 ped, but when trying to figure out the exact formula , it ws more than i could handle and I'm actually quite good at math.
Maybe I just have one of those days.

Anyway, I searched the net and EF and wasn't able to find any answers, so I ask you, have anyone figured it out?

Regards

only buy ... do not sell...

That's a simplified answer, of course... but if you only use auction to buy stuff and not to sell stuff, you avoid the fees altogether, especially if you only bid on tt+0 items ;)

do a search in the forum for stts. It's nice alternative to auction and trade terminal.

I don't really care about the fee as such. well it's anoying that you can't just put wathever you might want to put on auction at 100.01% or tt+0.01, because of the damn minimum markup of. It is also very anoying that you have to spend all your saving if you have an expensive item to pun on auction, but this is not the reason I started this thread.

I really just wan't to know the formula mindark is using.

Regards.

basic fee: 50 pec
additional fee: 5% from all over TT value, its a bit less if value above TT is getting bigger :)

so example: selling 200 ped of lyst for 220 ped (110% markup): 50 pec + 20 ped(over TT value) * 0,05 = 50 pec + 1 ped = 1,5 ped (if you will check on auction it will be a bit lower, i guess 1 pec lower)

@mastermesh: going with your way of thinking dont buy also from auction, find seller and establish price lower, seller doesnt pay fees -> buyer can buy cheaper :p

Last edited:
so what youre saying is that if i put my fs chip on auction for tt+6k the auction fee wil be 6k*0.05+0.50=300.50?
You know tats not true, good try though...

I told that it is 5% from all over markup and when that "all over markup" is getting bigger that 5% is getting smaller :p didn't I? :)

And no need to search whole net, just EU Participant Guide :p http://www.entropiauniverse.com/en/rich/5226.html

If you need exact math formula, you can make some approximation from that graph or just open auction, check fees for TT+1, 2, 3, ..., 10, ..., 100, 1000, ..., 6000 (not all of course :D) and then make approximation.

Here you go:

Auction fee (in peds) = 0.50 peds + Markup (in peds) * 99.5 / (1990 + Markup (in peds))

The derivation is found in this post

The 5% thing is a fine approximation for low markup items but fails (miserably) for high markup items.

Jimmy B also did a little algebra to give this formula:

Formula can be written: Fee=(100M+995)/(M+1990)

Back