Avatar Textures and Visual Quality

desg90

Prowler
Society
Entropia News Network
Alexander Didachos Bork
Visual Quality affects Avatar Beauty!

Hello!
I want to give some advice to beauticians and their customers.

[My story]
Today, when I visited Ido's Beauty Parlor to change my face skin, I realized the vertical arrows weren't working properly, that is to say, no matter how much I clicked them, the skin wouldn't change. :scratch:

Ido suggested I had an old Graphics Card, just like him; which stroke me as odd, for I had bought a new GFX Card a week ago with P.S. 4.0. Plus, that option worked perfectly well when I first recreated my avatar. :painter:

Then, he suggested something could be wrong with the drivers (again, there was a time paradox. :umn: It was then, that I remembered I had cranked down the Visual Quality option to save some memory space. :duh:

I relogged with max VQ and... voilà! Textures were back! :D
Ido had to work blindly, but I told him when the surgery was successful.

My advice if you're very attached to Avatar Beauty or Virtual photography is:
When working with little details, use an up to date Graphics Card
and don't forget to crank the Visual Quality to the top. :thumbup:

Last edited:
As a side note.
Sorg has just recently unlocked Skin Brilliance (Gratz!).
But, he complained about not being able to see any difference when he moved the controls. Some people (including me) thought it could be due to subtle (even negligible) differences between brilliance extremes.

But, could this be a problem caused by lowered game settings or old hardware, just as this case? Or should he adjust his monitor settings better? :confused:

Back