FIDG3T FUCK

Hatchling
Banned
Reinstalled and logged in after 5 m onths of not playing and noticed all avatars look very weird. the body's are spikey graphic blobs and the item icons in my inventory are replaced by "X" icons. anyone know how to fix this?

Yes, for fuck's sake let's hope this problem is solved!

I suggest you fidget with your graphics settings and you may need new drivers as they could be f#$ked Fidg3t;)

Hi, I had a similar problem.
That's what the support told me to do. It worked for me:
Hi,

We suggest you
follow these steps to sort this out:

1. Do a complete uninstall of Entropia via the Control Panel > Add/Remove programs

2. Delete the folder “Entropia Universe” manually from C:\Program Files if it is still there
after the uninstallation.

3. Uninstall everything related to Microsoft Visual C++ 2005

4. Delete your Windows temporary files

First, you will need to delete the standard Windows temporary files:
Click on the Start button.
Click Run.
Type temp into the available text field and click OK.
In the new window that opens, click on Edit at the top and choose Select All.
Press the Delete key on your keyboard.
When prompted if you are sure, choose Yes to All.
Next, you will need to delete temporary files specific to your login:
Click on the Start button.
Click Run.
Type %temp% in the available text field and click OK.
In the window that opens click on Edit at the top and choose Select All.
Press the Delete key on your keyboard.
When prompted if you are sure, choose Yes to All.
When you've finished emptying your Temp folders, be sure to empty your Recycle Bin:
Locate the Recycle Bin icon on your Desktop.
Right-click on the Recycle Bin and choose Empty Recycle Bin.
This may take a few minutes if there are many files.

Try deleting the files in these folders:

For Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Entropia Universe
C:\TEMP
C:\Documents and Settings\"YourUser"\Local Settings\Temp

Delete all patches in this folder, the ones that start with “Update”...
C:\Program Files\Entropia Universe

For Windows Vista:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Entropia Universe
C:\Windows\Temp
C:\Users\”Your User”\AppData\Local\Temp\entropia

Reboot your computer and then install Entropia again.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

or try the repair button on the clientloader. If that doenst work then follow above

Before you follow support's wonderful advice, try this:

Options > advanced
Graphics settings > custom

Now improve the 'render textures' settings one step at a time, clicking 'apply' after each change until you're satisfied with what you see onscreen.

Click 'save'

And feel free to play with any other gfx settings until you're happy with the looks vs performance of EU, not forgetting to click 'save' once you're happy with a particular setting :)

Before you follow support's wonderful advice, try this:

Options > advanced
Graphics settings > custom

Now improve the 'render textures' settings one step at a time, clicking 'apply' after each change until you're satisfied with what you see onscreen.

Click 'save'

And feel free to play with any other gfx settings until you're happy with the looks vs performance of EU, not forgetting to click 'save' once you're happy with a particular setting :)

I think he is missing texture files and it sounds like a corrupt install. In clclick tools then repair. If that doenst work then follow the support (which was probaly before the repair function was implemented)

I think he is missing texture files and it sounds like a corrupt install. In clclick tools then repair. If that doenst work then follow the support (which was probaly before the repair function was implemented)

That's always possible, but the visuals are the same as I had when I first logged in after the CE VU and that was due to the gfx settings. So easier to try this first and save uninstalling, etc for if that doesn't work :)

the body's are spikey graphic blobs and the item icons in my inventory are replaced by "X" icons.

Buy a proper graphics card with a minimum of 256MB of graphicsmemory. Also get at least 2GB of normal memory. EU doesn't work with intel graphicscards or anicent other brandcards like those doing that kind of effects.

Back