Average or bad luck for a first try?

Sinclare

Young
Ok, I started with the tools and 90 bombs. Pretty much exploring, collecting tp's, and making my way all the way from the west side to the east side of the land mass. Here are the results:

Name Quantity Value Container
1 Belkar ingot 200 12.00 PED Carried
3 Chikara Mineral Refiner MR100 1 1.75 PED Carried
6 Cumbriz ingot 4 1.80 PED Carried
7 Cumbriz stone 2 0.30 PED Carried
8 Genesis Star Earth Excavator ME/01 1 1.53 PED Carried
9 Lysterium ingot 537 16.11 PED Carried
10 Narcanisum ingot 41 9.84 PED Carried
11 Narcanisum stone 1 0.08 PED Carried
12 Omegaton Detectonator MD-10 1 1.50 PED Used

Now the way I figure it, I got around 40 ped worth of stuff and I still owe ~2 or 3 ped to repair my equipment. So the end result is a "profit" of 37 ped. More of a loss than a profit as I lost 53 ped (a ~59% loss). Now with that said I did have 4 Lysterium deposits which I was unable to dig due to the surrounding mobs. I kept trying but having no weapons/armor or skills to use them there wasn't much of a chance of fighting anything for the claim.

So is this average or just bad luck on my part? I don't think I could afford to spend $10 a day on an on-line game.

my average is 20-30% loss. mining in areas where u can survive helps greatly.

Do you sell your resources to the TT for the basic amount or is there some other place you can sell it to make more money?

Sinclare said:
Do you sell your resources to the TT for the basic amount or is there some other place you can sell it to make more money?

I usualy sell them at the streets or on the auction for the rates listed at the mineral index: www.mytwopecs.com to make up for my losses. I never or rarley sell my ores to the TT since it's a waste of peds.

Sell it to other players for more then the tt value. Sell bigger bulks at the auction. Look at http://www.mytwopecs.com/ for todays prices.

Whats the size of the Lyst deposits you lost and how many more hours befor the clame is lost? Look in the last slot of your inventory. If the deposits are worth a lot, try to sell the claim deed and let another, more experienced player dig them up. :wise:

Random mining don't often pay off. Remember your good spots. ;)

Some good mining-skilling spots:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]
(Thanks to Silver di Avlo and UPC for this one)
(Small warning, the map is pre meteor ;) )

Good luck!
:cool:
//Heartbeat

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice guys. I really like the mining aspect and may eventually get into the crafting aspect of the game. I played SWG (pre-CU, It's a crime what they did to that game) and was a somewhat famous full time crafter/miner on Tarquinas. I was one of the first to make the 40+fr crafting stations and was one of the few people who experimented on fusion reactors before it mattered (resulting in some extremely nice double/tripple rate extractors).

I look forward to making friends here and having some fun (that's what it's all about) if I can afford/limit my obsessions lol :deal: :eureka: :whip:

Kerham said:
my average is 20-30% loss. mining in areas where u can survive helps greatly.

off-topic: your average is way lower than that (do remember your financial status a couple of weeks ago) :tongue2:

One more question guys; I haven't seen anything on this while reading the guides/posts but I don't see how people would do without it.

Is there a waypoint system? I know you can right click on a deed and a pink target will come up on the map to show you where it's at but you can't zoom in enough to pin point it and

One thing I would like to see is some left/right visual while running toward a waypoint. Those claim stakes can be hard to see sometimes. Something as simple as the when you drop the bombs, that tells you right/left/straight/behind and how far it is. It doesn't seem like this would be a hard thing for them to impliment. Just type in a destination and your "GPS" (for lack of a better name) would lead you to it. Finding your way back to a particular mining spot (one without a deed) seems tedious at best. This is supposed to be a future society and they can't even make a decent GPS?

lol, yes the GPS question has been on many wish lists.

Sorry, the way point system and arrows, like in the ore and en-matter detectonators, does not yet exist in the map interface. How ever, press "p" for your current position and use the coordinates to find your way. ;) Coords are also in the clame deed info.

I have been having alot of luck puting an sizeable amount in aution for tt with no buy out.. ok it does take like 24 hours to get your payment. but most things I sell give me 120% :)

And thats the way the cookie crumbles

Nicole said:
I have been having alot of luck puting an sizeable amount in aution for tt with no buy out.. ok it does take like 24 hours to get your payment. but most things I sell give me 120% :)
And thats the exact ammount needed to break even if you do average 20% loss on your trips :)
Personally i dont mine that often, but when I do I usually go TT profit or on bad trips 20% or so negative.
I tend to craft with my materials or sell them cheap to people i know tho, rarely ever use the auction to sell them.

Back