Avoid Scammers

Cpt. Catch

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Captain Ultimate Catch
I remember when i first came into this game unknowing there was a lot of players out there with bad intentions, called scammers. I remember the first time i was ripped off. I lost about 10 PED. I actually tought it was possible to get my armor upgraded by using a rare machine.

When one is new to something, you think anything can be possible and have to trust what people say to get on with the game. I hope other people with similar experience of getting scammed or tricked in any way, will post it here to help newcomers avoid this in the future.

Good luck!

You can find most common scams people try to run if you search through this forum, and also a lot of them in alices guide on http://rp.apachenet.de

Thank you for the tip! I just tought it would be more useful if we had a tread like this in the noobs corner. +rep

Thank you for the tip! I just tought it would be more useful if we had a tread like this in the noobs corner. +rep

well there are a lot of threads about scammers on the forum overall :)

also, saying that there are A LOT of scammers is pretty much an overstatement...

if i start PE, 3,5 years ago, a lot scammers was in game. ofc, also a lot more ppl was play pe, as eu now:rolleyes:

At the moment we have not that much scammers in the game, and this is really good. my first experiance with a scammer : i was give out my armor to color upgrade:D

HI, I never shared this one and I feel time has come.

How was I scammed? It was realy nice work.

I was in PA trying to sell stuff. One person advertised that he buys Standart Bumber Bp for +50ped. Than, after some time, he announced he looks for people interrested in job.

I talked to him, he told me to add him to FL, and let him know if I can get him that BP for +50. Than he went away.

After short time, another person appeared, stating he sells this BP for +30.
I thought: Nice, 20peds for me!!!

I bought that item (price was manipulated than to about tt+50 really) and waited till buyer logs in.

After week of waiting, I finally realized I was scammed :laugh: :ahh:

Scammers could be dangerous!! :eek:

good job at posting this for others to see.

You can warn people as much as you like, and people deep down know there's a scam in the offing, but greed ALWAYS overides it :)
Then self pity kicks in and they post here :)

Back