Basic Crafting Guide

Status

sir odd

Jack of All Trades
odd sir odd bunny
Basic Crafting Guide

One of the most expensive professions there is, crafting is slow, tedious work that, if done well, can pay off quite well when the time is right.

Overview

While being an expensive and difficult career path, it is also necessary for the survival and productivity of the entire society on Calypso. Without crafters, miners would have to struggle extracting Hall of Fame deposits out with Trade Terminal extractors. Hunters would have little to work with weapons wise, and there would be no furniture to decorate our homes and apartments with.

How does one begin a life of a crafter? Few things needed before actually crafting:

• Blueprints (or "bp's" as most refer to) - These are required for crafting whatever it is you want
  • Blueprint Book - These store your blueprints. Without these, the manufacturing terminals will not operate
  • Idea of what you want to craft - it's ideal to stick with one area of crafting. Ideally most begin with components.

Areas of crafting:

• Weapons - craft handguns, rifles and swords
  • Components - craft wires and sensors and the like
  • Armor - make armor for hunters
  • Attachments - useful for making laser sights, amps and scopes
  • Furniture - make beds and chairs for homes
  • Clothes - Make shirts, pants and shoes for your fellow colonist
  • Tools - Make mining tools, scanners and medical faps

After collecting the bps and bp book, find the materials needed for the crafting attempt. You can find a list of the required materials on the bp itself, just right click the bp and go to the informational screen.

Most likely the best option is finding the materials on auction. There's plenty out there and always a bargain or two out there. When you have collected the materials needed, its finally time to craft!

Ok, I got everything. Now what?

[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/5/4/9/1/craft1.JPG[/wrap]
Find any manufacturing terminal (located in most cities and towns), and double left click it to activate the crafting interface. Double click your bp book to open it, and then click on the desired bp. The crafting interface is now updated, displaying the bp, its Quality Rating (QR), Chance of Success (SOC), and the required materials. Put the materials needed into the slot to the right, then simply click 'manufacture'.

One of three things will result:

• Success - the attempt was good, and you get a window with the desired item in it.
  • Near Success - the item was not made, but you may get some of the materials needed for that attempt back, or you may get some residue.
  • Failure - the attempt failed, and nothing is returned to you.
[wrap=right]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/5/4/9/1/craft2.JPG[/wrap]
As your crafting continues, you will gain skills in engineering and other skills related to what you are crafting. Another gain will be the bp's QR, which will increase the results of a good attempt. You can monitor the COS by the color bar on the left side of the interface. The greener it is, the more likely it will be good; red indicates a poor chance.

Along the bottom of the interface is the 'Quantity - Quality' slide bar. While this doesn’t do much with stackable items (filters, dampers, etc), it is used mainly with weapons and attachments. Note that with Quantity you will get the best result % but with poor conditions, while Quality will greatly decrease the COS but will result in better conditioned items.

Quick FAQ
  • What should I start with?
    Being with basic filters, which the bp can be bought at any technician. This only requires 1 oil and 1 lyst ingot, which is only 5 pec per attempt. It’s also a great skilling item for newcomer crafters.
  • What's with the residue I sometimes get?
    Some attempts you will receive metal or matter residue. While these aren’t that useful outside the crafting interface, these are valuable to those crafting items with condition bars. When you place the residue in the materials slot, any conditioned item that succeeds will use the residue to improve its condition. Thus items that are limited require a lot of residue if they are not set to Quality.
  • Limited items? What's that?
    Some items in the Entropia Universe are limited - thus they can only be used a certain number of times before they 'break'. You cannot repair these, so higher TT will be more sellable then something with only a few peds.
  • I sometimes receive a bp when I craft...can I choose what comes out?
    No you can't, the bp given is completely random. However it will be a bp in the area you are crafting in (weapon bps won't drop when crafting armor, only armor bps will be gained). If you are after a certain bp, the easiest way is to check the auctions for it.
  • I keep seeing the same person global on attachments...I want to do that right away!
    Tempting, isn't it? Well, stay away from the attachments! Even the cheapest amps cost 12 ped per attempt, and if you attempt those with little or no experience in crafting you will lose big! Most veteran crafters will advise to wait until you unlock bpc (blueprint comprehension) before even attempting to do attachments. Also deep pockets are a good thing.

nice one :) but u seem to forgot the tools :)

Status
Back