Question: Basic NON game changing improvements?

Society
Never will I have Sock
Angela Draniie Cloud
What are some basic non game changing improvements to the game you can think of? Coming from other MMORPGS I can immediately think of a couple of changes. Some would call these QOL or Quality of Life changes

- Local Chat bubbles above avatars heads.

This is in every MMO I can think of, it makes the game feel more alive by not having to find some random person when trying to trade in a crowd (for example sweat circles) And it feels less text based IMO.

-UI consistency

They said it was coming, now it's on hold. But honestly every single menu in this game has a different color scheme, font, and unusability.
This includes fixing the fact you have to be on the line of a qr rating to see what your success rate is.

-Teleporter bug fixes.

It amazes me that you can be teleported UNDER some teleports and be stuck. Like just make the ground solid below it???

This is all basic crap that a 20 year old game should have.

-Have new Private messages not pop up in the middle of your screen

This is more for streamers and you tubers I suppose mostly, but it is pretty ridiculous that new private messages just show up in the middle of the damn screen. Add more tabs or something to the normal bottom left chat. or have the message automatically go to notifications instead.

Is there any other ideas that don't actually change the games core mechanics, market, etc?

Not sure if this counts but it would be cool if sticky notes were stored as text files in one's chat log folder. Also there could be some way to format text in the file with HTML, etc., that turns text into an item link in the sticky note.

Not sure if this counts but it would be cool if sticky notes were stored as text files in one's chat log folder. Also there could be some way to format text in the file with HTML, etc., that turns text into an item link in the sticky note.
Definitely, does not effect the core gameplay, economy, mechanics etc. in anyway. I could write a few things about the sticky notes. Like "Are you sure you want to select all this text and delete it?"

update estate terminals to show the name of the avatar that currently holds the actual deed to that place. Make it so you don't have to claim it. You hold the deed it's yours. Maybe leave the claim option just for show but it's annoying when people buy a deed and never actually claim it, causing the previous owner to be contacted by potential buyers, etc.

fix the darn visibility on those christmas frog things... the pop out of existence at certain distances that avatar is from them.

make the chat and mail interfaces nicer. It's annoying that you can subscribe to enough chat channels that they flow off of the bottom of the screen and you cannot actually get to them since they are offscreen and there's no way to scroll past bottom of screen, etc.

Annoying that all those globals show up in the same interface the mail and chat are in... move them to their own system that you can turn visibility of on or off.

Add controls for game controllers with the new game engione. Would be cool to play with an xbox controller, etc.

Add a new feature to the estate terminals where you one click move all items in the estate to inventory... annoying waiting for previous owner to take 30 minutes to clear it all out when they sell.

Add back 'select next' since so many items get stuck in walls that avatars cannot reach in estates.

Add item points back in to the hallways in Calypso apartments. Annoying that they removed that feature and moved those points to the main room. Makes the halls boring as hell now.

They gotta redesign every square meter, mob, item and effect for the new engine, keep regular updates and events going....

And y'all just want to throw even MORE "oh this should be easy to do (but really isn't)" requests at them? :rolleyes:

- Local Chat bubbles above avatars heads.

People can turn avatar speak on .. basically the same but better.

They gotta redesign every square meter, mob, item and effect for the new engine, keep regular updates and events going....

And y'all just want to throw even MORE "oh this should be easy to do (but really isn't)" requests at them? :rolleyes:
I forgot that a suggestion/wish list was anything more than people just talking about what they want. I dont expect any of this to happen EVER because it’s Mindark.

but I know QOL updates are important

I forgot that a suggestion/wish list was anything more than people just talking about what they want. I dont expect any of this to happen EVER because it’s Mindark.

but I know QOL updates are important
Nothing against you personally Angela. Sorry if my comment came off as rude.

It's just, as a developer, I know full well what it's like to have a massive "to do" list that'll take 3+ years to clear, and Every. Single. Day. Some random customer(s) be like "oh hey, do this too".

Yes, some ideas are good and do make it into the list. I just feel bad for the employees on the other side. On a l-o-n-g thankless treadmill and folks just adding more length.

Elaborate as to why not?
With the current engine and graphics, I don't think they would look good, maybe it will change with UE5 but this game doesn't really have the cartoony graphics other mmos have

Fix the darn server lag issue on some planets! There's a bug when you mine and mine and the server thinks that you're dropping probes in the same spot, when this happens you get a hitrate of 0 along with 0 claims during some time, if you relog you end up way back, but the probes are gone and support will give you a copy/paste reply 😐

Nothing against you personally Angela. Sorry if my comment came off as rude.

It's just, as a developer, I know full well what it's like to have a massive "to do" list that'll take 3+ years to clear, and Every. Single. Day. Some random customer(s) be like "oh hey, do this too".

Yes, some ideas are good and do make it into the list. I just feel bad for the employees on the other side. On a l-o-n-g thankless treadmill and folks just adding more length.
Sorry., but that's a terrible response. They have had almost 20 years to have these BASIC features in the game.

Oh, they should only work on the features you think are important. Got it. Sorry, my mistake.
As you said you are a developer yourself I can understand the frustration you must have sometimes when non developers demand unreasonable features, (the speech bubble thing, sorry Angela, I think is stupid 😛). But I think a lot of the stuff that gets continually brought up has some pretty decent justification, you can only defend their work so far.
The game is very established but yet we fall for basic traps like falling through the world when teleporting, getting stuck on terrain, mobs spawning inside trees and being untargetable. This is all basic stuff that I think shouldn’t survive past alpha/beta stages of games.
I don’t know anything about your craft, maybe I’m just being ignorant, but I do play other games and this sort of basic functionality is sorted out pretty quickly in development.
I think MA should even be held to a higher standard than other game developers because many of the bugs we encounter do in fact cost us real money when they are encountered.

As you said you are a developer yourself I can understand the frustration you must have sometimes when non developers demand unreasonable features, (the speech bubble thing, sorry Angela, I think is stupid 😛). But I think a lot of the stuff that gets continually brought up has some pretty decent justification, you can only defend their work so far.
The game is very established but yet we fall for basic traps like falling through the world when teleporting, getting stuck on terrain, mobs spawning inside trees and being untargetable. This is all basic stuff that I think shouldn’t survive past alpha/beta stages of games.
I don’t know anything about your craft, maybe I’m just being ignorant, but I do play other games and this sort of basic functionality is sorted out pretty quickly in development.
I think MA should even be held to a higher standard than other game developers because many of the bugs we encounter do in fact cost us real money when they are encountered.
The chat buble thing isn't stupid. It's literally a staple in every single MMO with any merit. It makes the game feel more alive. You enjoy reading local chat in the bottom corner of the screen? And with everything, it would be a click of a button for people who don't want it. That's the great thing about technology! there's no "we can only do this or can't do that cause some don't want it" JUST GIVE PEOPLE THE OPTION

Even ignoring that.
Oh, they should only work on the features you think are important. Got it. Sorry, my mistake.
20 years mate, 20 fking years and they don't have BASIC CRAP IN THE GAME. Like Katie said, Mobs getting stuck in trees and rocks? Come the hell on, that crap still isn't fixed after 20 YEARS?

Do you get paid to do fk all for 20 years? If your software has the same bugs for over a DECADE would your ass still have a job?

Stop defending shitty practices and maybe we'll get a non alpha RCE one day.

You realise most of the bugs in this game cost US the player, REAL LIFE MONEY right? and you're cool with them being like "ey bruv sent a support ticket we'll get to it in 3 and a half years.

You are defending shitty practices and I feel bad for your company that employees you if you're anything like the trash dev team we support with our money

The game is very established but yet we fall for basic traps like falling through the world when teleporting, getting stuck on terrain, mobs spawning inside trees and being untargetable.
Bugs are different. Those aren't customer requests that may or may not happen. Those are fixes that should be done and are a part of good development. I've been pretty vocal about MA's poor bug swatting for years. I even advocated for some bug-fix-only releases to help clear up some of the goofiness.

Back