Basic Taming Tutorial

Status
Buisness?

What exactly do you mean feed it PED's? and if someone wanted to actully start a buisness taming animals and selling them from at lvl 1 to other ppl, what do you think one would charge? example: charge for whip degrade cost + tt value of animal + tt+100-1000 for the work = price?

What exactly do you mean feed it PED's? and if someone wanted to actully start a buisness taming animals and selling them from at lvl 1 to other ppl, what do you think one would charge? example: charge for whip degrade cost + tt value of animal + tt+100-1000 for the work = price?
well, the tt of the nutrio bars goes to tt of the animal afaik (in the deed)

the price depends on whip decay, tt of animal, level of animal (brush tt, time to level it up, nutrio spent to level it up)+something for profit

i guess at least

i was meaning with no brush, and at lvl 1, also just giving it enouph nutrio bars to keep it from leaving you, and there for putting it in the stable till you end up selling it.

it will never leave you even if it has no food in it, as long as it is in the stable

Well, considering the current lack of brushs (at least as I see on auction) there aint much you can do with a pet. This , IMHO, explains why migglo has half of the wildlife on calypso in a stable. If he was to release them, it would be a stampede such as we have never seen!
MA needs provide brushes, even if they think it's a dead-end enterprise, because its fun for the users. And if they are crafted, all benefit.

As an alternative, can I use my mamba to flay the hide off marco? I mean really...I'll buy my own ticket to Sweden

Brushes are no problem, I have always several ones in my shop in PA mall. The point is, that people don't want to pay more than auction price is... so they have to wait longer, but brushes are available.

Well, considering the current lack of brushs (at least as I see on auction) there aint much you can do with a pet. This , IMHO, explains why migglo has half of the wildlife on calypso in a stable. If he was to release them, it would be a stampede such as we have never seen!
MA needs provide brushes, even if they think it's a dead-end enterprise, because its fun for the users. And if they are crafted, all benefit.

As an alternative, can I use my mamba to flay the hide off marco? I mean really...I'll buy my own ticket to Sweden

LOL..your a funny guy...very cool

Feel free to pm me, and I will meet you ingame and provide you with a brush.

And regarding taming beeing a dead-end...I am afraid that isent quite true...MA is simply too busy with other upgade stuff atm...so taming draw short..Marco and Alf, amogst others, promised us in the taming buisness a bright future...so..we are simply waiting...;)

Heads high tamers...

BR

Miggo

LOL..your a funny guy...very cool

Feel free to pm me, and I will meet you ingame and provide you with a brush.

And regarding taming beeing a dead-end...I am afraid that isent quite true...MA is simply too busy with other upgade stuff atm...so taming draw short..Marco and Alf, amogst others, promised us in the taming buisness a bright future...so..we are simply waiting...;)

Heads high tamers...

BR

Miggo

Are these "free" brushes we're talking? :D
Seriously, though, I don't know how important the brushes really are. Is a lvl 3 pet really going to do that much more? (besides being a billboard). It's the taming itself that is the funnest thing I've ever done in EU (and the hardest - several hours later and I don't have a single snable). Not to mention it's hard to decay the whip much so it's relatively cheap.....

Last edited:
Nice guide. Could you add the tp's with stables?

I don't think pets are worthless- I have a Dakiba named BOB- someone gave it to me when I was a noob- Bob was a baby then and in 2 years hes a gard... Anyhow, Before you couldnt hunt without crashing but MA fixed it and I take him out hunting pretty regular- I even globed a couple times with him, he got mixed in with a hundred other Dakibas and went running. . .

Long story short: I watched him grow up and Me and Bob have had some good, fun times and I still laugh at some of the fun! PETS RULE and Taming is great way to have fun and not to expensive!

PS: Hey MA! When can I ride him or get him to Kill stuff???

Anyhow- Best Wishes and Happy Summer to you all and don't forget to HUG your "BOB" today!

Last edited:
Anyhow- Best Wishes and Happy Summer to you all and don't forget to HUG your "BOB" today!

I totally agree ... I love my snable.. "Juliet" who was given to me as a gift in my first month in EU.

What I found interesting in your post CrazyCopyCat is that you said Bob matured into a guard?? Do you mean to tell me that they actually age and mature? Please clarify this, as this is news to me.... or were you just meaning figuratively? :scratch2:

Last edited:
they don't mature and grow stronger... i think he meant that figuratively.

Thark

Just tried taming myself and realised that you cant just got tame any creature, the only one tamable (at extreme noob level) is a snablesnot, daki and exa fail due to not being uber enough to do it, maybe needs adding to the guide what levels you can tame different creatures, as obviously you do require a certain level.

How do I get the TT value of a Pet back if I want to move on to another? Do I TT the deed, or Dismiss the Pet?

My first Pet is now level 2.2, and has a small Trust even though I've never brushed it. So why exactly does it need more Trust?

Is it right that bigger Pets eat more Nutrio bars, and therefore skilling is faster? Has anyone done tests (as opposed to just working out the Unlock levels).

How do I get the TT value of a Pet back if I want to move on to another? Do I TT the deed, or Dismiss the Pet?

You could also try selling him/her.... But ya, either TT'ing the deed or dismissing will get the same results.

My first Pet is now level 2.2, and has a small Trust even though I've never brushed it. So why exactly does it need more Trust?

From what I've heard, more trust makes the pet increase in experience much more rapidly. Also, if your pet autostabled for some reason, you would lose the trust you have.

Is it right that bigger Pets eat more Nutrio bars, and therefore skilling is faster? Has anyone done tests (as opposed to just working out the Unlock levels).

I'm pretty sure there is a thread with the actual numbers around here and it was based on mob type, not maturity.

Grrr

I keep getting "Invalid target type for this action." Then Taming attempt failed. This is taming Snabble-Snot Female young.

NVM i finally tamed it... apparently that's the msg you get....

Last edited:
I keep getting "Invalid target type for this action." Then Taming attempt failed. This is taming Snabble-Snot Female young.

Hmm... I don't generally get "Invalid target type for this action" unless the pet isn't selected or something. Second message is normal :D.

I guess all the stables are the same distance from town... but which is the best... least mobs near etc?

i like Jason Center myself

Last edited:
Is there a way to stable your tamed pet without feeding it nutrios first? My freshly tamed pets won't stable even if they are next to the stablekeeper if I don't feed them 110 nutrios first... Do they still autostable from CND if I don't feed them this nutrio? And what about CP?

I get the "Invalid target type for this action." message if I press the button assigned to "tame creature" twice, like, if you press it once to tame it and while taming it press it again, you get that message.

Raynaldp;1657398[B said:
]Is there a way to stable your tamed pet without feeding it nutrios first? My freshly tamed pets won't stable even if they are next to the stablekeeper if I don't feed them 110 nutrios first... [/B]Do they still autostable from CND if I don't feed them this nutrio? And what about CP?

I get the "Invalid target type for this action." message if I press the button assigned to "tame creature" twice, like, if you press it once to tame it and while taming it press it again, you get that message.

You only need to feed the pet 1 pec of nutrio, then run away until the yellow dot disappear and wait for 10 minutes. Your pet will be stabled, unless there is other person stay near it :laugh:

You only need to feed the pet 1 pec of nutrio, then run away until the yellow dot disappear and wait for 10 minutes. Your pet will be stabled, unless there is other person stay near it :laugh:

Ahh thanks:) i kept spending 1.1 ped of nutrios for every snable I tamed :laugh:

good guide

this was a very nice guide thanks for posting it.

First of all, thanks Alice and everyone else that contributed to this thread; very informative.

I read the entire thread, but I didn't see an exact answer for the few questions I have:

1. Is the amount of nutrio bars related to the type of creature, but not to maturity?
2. How many nutrio bars an animal needs, per day?

Thanks in advance.

my questions:

i want a pet but am not really interested in all the skills and all that happy stuff

say i buy one of those low ped lev 1 pets... so i dont have to buy a whip (in theory)...i understand that i would have to buy food obviously but would i also need a brush too? so i can get or keep trust up? that way i can level it to 3 or can i expect my cheap lev 1 pet to have full trust an as long as i stable it and feet it i can get by with out a 100+ ped investment

aswum im gonna give this a shot

my questions:

i want a pet but am not really interested in all the skills and all that happy stuff

say i buy one of those low ped lev 1 pets... so i dont have to buy a whip (in theory)...i understand that i would have to buy food obviously but would i also need a brush too? so i can get or keep trust up? that way i can level it to 3 or can i expect my cheap lev 1 pet to have full trust an as long as i stable it and feet it i can get by with out a 100+ ped investment

the brush is used to give your pets trust...
if it's trust and energy is high enough you'll need your pet preforming tricks to gain EXP

at lvl 1, he only can do greet and go to
once it reached lvl 2, he can do impress
and at lvl 3 it obeys to the follow command and you can give him a name
(greet and impress are the only commands that gain EXP)

Status
Back