Beginner's Guide to getting to Space. Entropia's most mysterious realm.

Gianna

Self-requested Deactivation
Society
Studio Delphine
Gianna Uli Cadell
There are other versions of this, buried online. But maybe this might be a quicker way for someone new, browsing the forums.

I made this for new avatars like myself, who are drawn to the mysteries and riches of Entropian Space.
People brag of their apartment and mansion views, I garauntee you, the Quad-Living Lifestyle outdoes them all. If I angle the Quad right, my view is.....everything...All of Entropia.

If you are new, and are as confused about space travel as I was. These are the basics. A lot of these things often are obvious to people who have played a while, but not obvious at all to new arrivals. I finally broke down on day 2, and asked MA Avatar Apollo in Camp Icarus; "How do I go to space, sir?"

The god of oracles whispered to me; "You will need a Quad-Wing, oil, and a space thruster".

Those sacred words gave me flight.

The Quad-Wing Interceptor (L) should be your first investment in your Entropian journey. Why?

1) It is very affordable. For 70-80 peds you have a vehicle that travels both in local atmospheres as well as in space.
2) It is fast, sturdy and uses little oil.
3) Can carry a passenger.
4) In Entropia; mobility is freedom, and freedom is profit.
5) Incredible looks.

Why Space?

1) Incredible riches, in an overlooked, under-used region of Entropia. Space has many opportunities for a talented Quad-Wing pilot and hunter.
2) Space creatures make for exciting and intelligent prey, which leads to exciting hunting opportunities.
3) Space is challenging, which makes it exciting.
4) New players can easily hunt well above their own level in space, thanks to the Kismet Laser sub-system, and its ammo burn/dps output. It is a wonderful thing.

What do you need to travel to space? (You can buy them using the auction house and often space thrusters and oil are sold by local vendors)

1) A Quad-Wing Interceptor (L) (I know nothing about VTOL machinery, all I know is they are very easy to shoot down)
2) Space Thruster (L)
3) Oil (I would invest in 1000 oil, and watch your gauge)
4) Vehicle repair tool RK-25/RK-0
5) Welding wire (couple peds worth will do you unless you PvP or hunt a lot)

What do you need in addition to travel in space safely?

1) Kismet Light Laser (L) (40-50 peds) and appropriate ammo.

This will not only be your choice weapon for space hunting. But it aids in defense and PvP.

You bought everything and the items are in your inventory. Drag the space thruster over the ship icon. Drag the kismet laser over the ship icon. Fuel the ship with oil and place it.
Once you enter your Quad. Press UP and go up into the sky until you get a warning saying you are about to enter space. Enter space. You will be near the space station, inside a safe zone. Enjoy your freedom!!

What to expect when you die in space:

1) Your ship will explode in a huge blast. But no worries, the oil is safe inside the wreck of the ship, you don't lose any oil.
2) Once the ship has exploded, your avatar will float in space and choke to death. During this time your opponent may decide to kill your avatar.
3) If your avatar is killed, or after you choke and die in space naturally, you are lootable for a very brief time, if both skulls are red, after which you are revived at the nearest space station.

At this point, the wreck of your ship, and the oil it contains will be in your inventory. You can place the burned up ship on the space station floor surface, and use the RK-25/0 tool to repair it. You will need your spool of welding wire.

BE AWARE: This is a very rare case where, if you are revived at a space station, and you place your destroyed ship but have NO MEANS TO REPAIR IT. You will be stuck on a space station until someone comes and gets you. This happens much more often than you would think.

These are the basics and all you need to lift your feet from planetside, and explore a world beyond your dreams.

DISCLAIMER: Piracy is real. It is actually much more prevelant than you think, but when avatars are the victim of piracy, many will be embarrased and not say anything in /space travel channel. So you think there are no pirates. I can tell you...there are quite a few, and unlike me, they all loot. If more people start to inhabit and farm space, piracy will most likely increase.

If you have valuable stackables/lootables, you went on a valuable hunting or mining expidition? Use safe mothership transport. These vessels are designed for just that; Safe transport.
They aren't just quick ways of travelling. MA gave them gunner seats for a reason.

Sorry if there are any oversights or mistakes. I am just a new player and a promoter of space and space activities. Feel free to correct anything I messed up.

Last edited:
Best tip is don’t complain or insult your attacker or go on some anti pirate rant. Once he blows you up the first time and discovers you have no loot he won’t blow you up again. It costs ammo to blow ships up. But if you piss him off he might just camp your respawn and give you a lesson in respect.

Consider the experience free Spaceship Pilot and RK skills.

4) Vehicle repair tool RK-25 (don't bother with the smaller one)
Why? The a new player exploring space won’t even have the skills for the 25 yet. And the RK-0 is more economical to use

Thanks for responding Katie. I just found with the RK-0, it takes way longer, than with 25, even at low skills. I like to hit the SS, repair as quick as I can and leave again. I am sure you are right about the cost though.

I'll try my RK-0 again, see what I get with that. but I think i ended going for speed.

Thanks for responding Katie. I just found with the RK-0, it takes way longer, than with 25, even at low skills. I like to hit the SS, repair as quick as I can and leave again. I am sure you are right about the cost though.

I'll try my RK-0 again, see what I get with that. but I think i ended going for speed.
Nothing wrong with doing it that way if you value speed above everything else, But I think it’s appropriate for a few player guide to probably push the base tool which most players find reasonable for just the odd repair in space. If they find it too slow then they can choose to move up at the expense of cost. Your wording pushes everybody reading to all go with RK-25 and assumes they have the same priorities you do.

Agree with skipping the VTOL though, those are painful.

You right about the RK-0, I did an edit. Just be nice to see more people in space in the Quads for sure.

Back