Billy's Spaceship Awareness Thread

Ludvig|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
Admin
MindArk Official
Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
Wanted to get some general awareness about this place, as it is a quite unique and cool place, but almost completely deserted :) maybe some people have lag problems, dunno :scratch2:

Would be great to see some partying, or at least some more hanging out here :silly2:

Welcome to Billy's:
b1.jpg

Ship Exteriors:
billy4.jpg

Ship Interiors:
billy5.jpg

billy6.jpg

The Ring building:
billy2.jpg

Big climbable ship wreck:
billy3.jpg

The memorial sign:
b2.jpg

This faded photograph is the sole remaining image of one of the original settlers, known only as "Billy". Here seen posing in front of the settlement remaining to this day. Battling mutant raiders throughout his life he was a legendary figure of the frontier during the rough old days. He was finally killed in an epic shootout with the whites of Orthos, boots on and gun in hand.

Last edited:
no skeleton inside the ship :(

nope, but still a nice place to hang out :)

wish I could buy a deed for one of the small ships (the one with "Omegatech" chairs), remove most of the chairs and decorate it as a home :D

OP, have a look at the Monument placard located someplace in Billys. It states that Billy was a veteran of some prior conflict there, a fight against "The Whites of Orthos", whoever they were.

Consider it another part of the Lost History of Calypso.

Yes MA has dunn a goooooood work with Billy's Spaceship but poooor Minopolis yhats only looks like shit nowdays.

So please put the old Minopolis back. Like 1 off the oldest places on planet Janson Center it also look like shit today.

thought

I remember how the old billy's was really cool, and no one was there.
I guess that's how it goes
Either we need more players or reasons to go to other spots.
Just start hanging out in places u wanna see people and maybe it will happen.

*Bump* for Shinook River!!:wtg:

OP, have a look at the Monument placard located someplace in Billys. It states that Billy was a veteran of some prior conflict there, a fight against "The Whites of Orthos", whoever they were.

Consider it another part of the Lost History of Calypso.

Hmmm aint seen that... seen the plaque @ Zychion though :)

Gonna check out that one :D

Yes MA has dunn a goooooood work with Billy's Spaceship but poooor Minopolis yhats only looks like shit nowdays.

So please put the old Minopolis back. Like 1 off the oldest places on planet Janson Center it also look like shit today.

Yes, Billy's is one of the best preserved towns actually... maybe it's because it was a scrap heap even before the war titan hit so it didnt make too much of a difference? ;) lol

The EU World Boxing Championships will be returning to Billy's in September :)

The EU World Boxing Championships will be returning to Billy's in September :)

will give some activity for a while, but I would like to see more people there for the rest of the year :yay:

I will keep hanging there, and talk to people that comes there :D hoping that more people will chose it as their hangout :)

Pre vu 10 pic

sigpic15252_1.gif
- shot was taken inside of the ship... The pumpkin was my little Haloween mask for that year...

ahhh, the old places

Can't be more accurate.
:)

Lez. :wtg:

I'm hanging out here with Foeburner right now, it's nice!

Will be visiting Billys more often.

Here is a possible xmas if I can sometime buy the ship I want to live in: [br]Click to enlarge[/br]

:D:D

Used to hang out there a lot as a newbie (~2 years ago) hunting snables, bery's and kerby (slightly S/SW).
No reason to go there anymore, though I'm not sure what spawns there these days.

Sure looks good now!

It's my new home since a few weeks ago :)

It's a very quiet place with very little lag! Some interesting spot´s nearby to hunt!

Not much to say,
Billy´s Spaceship rock´s :D

Reactions: jod
Here is a possible xmas if I can sometime buy the ship I want to live in: [br]Click to enlarge[/br]

:D:D

Cute!

Make FPC an offer - you never know, they might be prepared to make a deed for it and let you make it a shop or something...

No reason to go there anymore, though I'm not sure what spawns there these days.

Mostly Hiryuu, Atrox and Warriors...

Cute!

Make FPC an offer - you never know, they might be prepared to make a deed for it and let you make it a shop or something...

I dont want a shop I want to live in it :laugh: besides, dont have much money to put into the game atm :silly2:

And merps. So really, you can do four different Iron mission there at more or less the same time ;)

Ah yes, did only see one merp there when exploring though so was unsure if I should include them :)

And some Hiryuu are so far up that you need to climb a ship or cliff to even see them on radar, even though most are at normal height :laugh:

Yeh I've started to explore around the old places a bit... some good some bad so far.

I'll probably formulate some sort of report at some point. shame about the skeleton.... we have FPC now... they should be looking after these kinds of history and working out back stories and things. I'm guessing we don't have random military hardware strewn about the place any more yes? We loose all this stuff. If you are going to convert old stuff, may as well do the lot.

Wistrel

If you are going to convert old stuff, may as well do the lot.

Here is a quote from Hanne about the old landmarks and stuff :)

Old points of interests and Calypso markings will be revised and perhaps re-added when we remake each server (the Cyclops area was the first one up.) With the mission system we'll also have good excuses to make new POI's that will actually be in use.

As for Rocktropia globals and HoF's; FPC want them separated from Planet Calypso's system. MindArk will at some point make that happen, but it won't be in the near future.

...and as for the robot invasions, we really do want to bring that back! :)

Ah yes, did only see one merp there when exploring though so was unsure if I should include them :)

And some Hiryuu are so far up that you need to climb a ship or cliff to even see them on radar, even though most are at normal height :laugh:

Hiryuu do occasinaly flight really high. For merps (and cornundos), go west. Some lower flying hiryuu there aswell, especially compared to the river.

Back