Bombs as ammo

Darkaner

Stalker
Society
Silly Underground Family
Keiser Darkaner Söze
A simple request. I want bombs/probes to show up as ammo when using orefinder/detectonator. I hate it when I have to scroll around in my inventory to find how many bombs I have left.

Perhaps this has been mentioned before, and there's a good reason for why MA haven't implemented it. If so, please let me know. :)

Darkaner said:
A simple request. I want bombs/probes to show up as ammo when using orefinder/detectonator. I hate it when I have to scroll around in my inventory to find how many bombs I have left.

Perhaps this has been mentioned before, and there's a good reason for why MA haven't implemented it. If so, please let me know. :)

My guess would be because a bomb is a tool and not ammo.

Suicide

Thats a longtime wish of all miner/drillers and I really have no idea why MA still hasnt implented it. Couldnt be so hard.

Zefram said:
Thats a longtime wish of all miner/drillers and I really have no idea why MA still hasnt implented it. Couldnt be so hard.

See above post. In keeping the game what it is, a bomb or probe is not ammo. It is a TOOL, where it is located. I understand there are limited amounts. But nevertheless it's a tool used for mining. Not ammo used for killing.

Suicide

edit: i would rather change it so the mines/bombs you use dont show up at the VERY bottom of your tool window vs. them being turned into ammo.

at least make em show up on the HUD... same with decoys (sucks runnin out of decoys when the mob is almost dead and it kills you cuz you have no more decoys... lol)

Especially annoying for me, in that the bombs or probes are always WAY at the bottom of the tool inventory page...

Shade said:
Especially annoying for me, in that the bombs or probes are always WAY at the bottom of the tool inventory page...

happens to me also all the time. and mostly in 2 stacks also!

i want them to show up in the hud. JUST like ammo showing up as how much u have left, also let bombs/probes show up how much u have left when u use detectonater!.

nice idea darkaner :)

As for bombs/probes not being ammo - they are still bought in the same way and used in the same way as ammo.
ie, you can buy various sized stacks at a tt, you press fire to use them and they are only used once.
A gun does nothing wothout ammo and its the same with the oar/matter finders.

yes !

lets have that tool counter !

As for ammo not being a tool....why does it show up in the tool section in our inventory?

I would love knowing how many bombs/probes I have left....It sucks to be on a vein and then go to check one last spot and find out you have no more left.

Even if bombs are tools, I'm pretty sure MA can fix this feature with some creative programming. :)

Darkaner said:
Even if bombs are tools, I'm pretty sure MA can fix this feature with some creative programming. :)

I see where you are going and i like it. I really dont care where they show up, tools, ammo, finds, whatever. But it would be nice if there is a "count" when you have the tool readied. I too have had issues with running outta mines when i had no idea i was close. Run out to a good spot for 15 mins, then realize i am outta bombs/probes.

Suicide

Back