Breaking News! New Mining Ath

Omfffg. GratZZ to!

major-rage said:
In my opinion and experience anyone could have gotten this,
it was in 400~ depth and I would imagine that anyone with a 105 or something could have found it.
So it was pure luck...

This... :wise: is what I agree with and it has absolutely nothing to do with Major as he seems to be an articulate and decent guy judging by his posts in this thread.

And knowledge also is importent especially when it comes to mining.

True, in regards to Major or any other tenasious miner, but again it has absolutely nothing to do with this HoF.

It's a hof on which I have, and will again, congratulated Major on because he, as well as any other, deserves to be congratulated on his good fortune :)

Uberness has nothing to do with mining hof`s ath`s.I repeat, this is for mining.

So what you say is that ATH's within mining are pure luck...? Or...?

If so, that's my point - the PE Slotmashine. Because uber'ness as well as noob'ness can't be measured by skills alone, but also by knowledge and systematics... right...?

Apparently Major is skilled within mining, skills including knowledge and experience of the guy behind the screen.

THAT should be recognized and valued by the community even more than a single lucky click on a virtual detonator. It hasn't been by neither Terra or me in this case, for which I stand corrected and also congratulate you on your virtual and rl skills Major ;)

P.s.: Please bare in mind that I wanted to elaborate on how some might think Major was
another mining noob
- I never said he was another mining noob.

Big congratz!!

I was online when that ubber hof happened and all I could say was WTF, I needed that durulium :laugh: I hope he/she sells it cheap.

AIGHT!!!!!!!

First...Gratz Major......

Second...Id like to appologise for the stupid comment my soc mate made about you, that was waaay ouuta line.

Perhaps Terra can remove his foot outta his mouth and give you an appology???? :rolleyes:

Gratz m8...
Very lucky find :D Hope it had been me :p

For clearification...

Noob = person who goes out on a mining trip with 100 bombs and misses 60 bombs... (he might get a hof on two of the hits)..

Vet, leet.. whatever = goes out with 100 bombs... misses with 10... (he might not get anything over 5 PED pr bomb)...

imo anyway....

Skill = has nothing to do with it... (it might increase your "hit chance" a little.. but there still has to be something in the ground)..

In my book the best miner would be a guy who never ever has had a hof... but still manages to profit from every single run...

He truely knows a thing or two..

And I made the movie about 9k. ..should have waited one more week :laugh:
Well gratz Major. .. this was a hof. ...holy shit man haha :eek:

And Terra, you really need to get out and get some fresh air man, so full of shit!

Starfinder said:
Gratz m8...
Very lucky find :D Hope it had been me :p

For clearification...

Noob = person who goes out on a mining trip with 100 bombs and misses 60 bombs... (he might get a hof on two of the hits)..

Vet, leet.. whatever = goes out with 100 bombs... misses with 10... (he might not get anything over 5 PED pr bomb)...

imo anyway....

Skill = has nothing to do with it... (it might increase your "hit chance" a little.. but there still has to be something in the ground)..

In my book the best miner would be a guy who never ever has had a hof... but still manages to profit from every single run...

He truely knows a thing or two..

I bet Kazzza (Starfinder) is not as happy since god knows how long hes been mining as well hehe ;)

Oh well gtz on the ATH major...I hope one day ill get something along those lines as well (breaking even would be great lol).

Jetboy said:
I was online when that ubber hof happened and all I could say was WTF, I needed that durulium :laugh: I hope he/she sells it cheap.

avg marketprice 250%, but he's only selling for that price if you buy at least 1K tt -_-

TT Under 100PED = 295%
TT Above 100PED = 275%
TT Above 1000PED = 250%
TT Above 5000PED = 225%

^ salesthread

Gratz on the find Major. I've been out mining like mad trying to find duru to fill the market needs. I guess I can take a break now ;) Gratz again

For you people that get offended whenever an ATH shows up on the chat, you had better get used to it. As MA gets more resources you can bet your every last ped that they will be giving out more and more uber loots to make the game seem more attractive to both current and potential players. Who knows, maybe in a year or two the people that are playing now will all have a chance to experience something nice like this?

Grats Major, you deserve it. :)

Major Gratz Major! :) My hundred ped of duru was finishing up in auction just as you got that, went for 254%. :)

Woot! :eek: Big grats major :beerchug:

LOL...wow...save your PEDs Major...You'll need them for the Carpul Tunnel surgery :)

Az

This is where you go wrong:

major-rage said:
how experienced you are is not decided after how much you global and hof. It´s based on your knowledge and skills.

skills dont mean JACK atm, knowledge is impossible to keep up to date because MA changes it everytime one finds a leak, if a guy who just ran out of PA 2 days ago, found a tp and went to amethera to drop some bombs can get a huge-ass deposit with a TT md-10......seriously now...thats..fu....(well you get my idea)

However this is where youre completely right:

major-rage said:
There are people here who have been playing for many years now and seldom even had a global doing what they do.

and we all know WHY this happens....
---
so my first post might have been foolish, but i just posted the first thought that crossed through my mind, so if you gusy were thoroughly offended by my way of reacting then im sorry

(then again i still just think and say what I want..) ;)

damn, i wish i had all that duru. id be one happy dude

Terra said:

skills dont mean JACK atm, knowledge is impossible to keep up to date because MA changes it everytime one finds a leak, if a guy who just ran out of PA 2 days ago, found a tp and went to amethera to drop some bombs can get a huge-ass deposit with a TT md-10......seriously now...thats..fu....(well you get my idea)

---
so my first post might have been foolish, but i just posted the first thought that crossed through my mind, so if you gusy were thoroughly offended by my way of reacting then im sorry

Well, regarding mining, I can tell you that there are logic behind mining. I even know when and where to mine to break even or make a profit.
I agree that mindark has changed the rules during the way. But the experienced miner always keep up with the changes.

But sure, you got a point there, some can get lucky. Just like in real life there are people who get rich with their skills and some get rich by luck. But thats life and also Entropia...

Terra said:

---

I GUESS ( :handjob: ) thats an appology........lol, hey! Thats a step up for Terra, lmao!!!!

MudKicker said:
I GUESS ( :handjob: ) thats an appology........lol, hey! Thats a step up for Terra, lmao!!!!

Lawl, thats great :) he even modified his signature ;)

better to admit than to be thought an idiot :dunce:

i hope all the noobs who from now on get uber ath's get carpal tunnel lol
(no im not serious in this) :dunce:

BIG MOFO GRATZ to you major! :eek:

and Terra, i know a good bridge..wanna know where? :rolleyes:

Terra said:

This has been said in many prior posts but skills matter, but not in finding globals/HOFs/ATHs. Basically in short skills help you use your equipment more efficiently. They will increase your chances of finding deposits but they don't dictate which deposits you will find. The only thing skills might have an impact on is finding some of the rare ores/enmatters more than other less skilled players. But ultimately any miner can find any size or type of deposit at anytime that is just luck of the draw. I have been mining for a long time back when it wasnt very popular because skill gain was so slow. Since the beginning of last summer I can usually make a decent profit off of mining but before that it was really "hit and miss" I attribute that to finally getting a decent skill set in mining. (now if I could just stop blowing my profit on hunting ;) )

I have never found a deposit bigger than the two massives I hit. (one last year and one beginning of this year) I am always happy when someone gets a nice deposit because I know its a matter of luck (one day who knows my lucky number will be up). If it was a matter of skills getting you ATHs then someone like Strakken would be at the top of the list multiple times.

So skills do matter in that they decrease your decay (by extracting more ore/enmatter per pull), increase the likelyhood that you will actually hit a deposit if its there, and increase the possibility you will detect something rare.

The one thing I don't really know is how other skills affect mining. (ie serendipity, perception, alertness, etc) It could be an overall avg of a certain skill set that affect it who knows, only MA knows for sure and I am sure they won't be telling us. :rolleyes: I do understand your frustration about someone new getting a huge HOF but that just boils down to luck I wish it didnt but that is the way MA has set it up.

Grats again Major :D

Back