calculating returns on mobs

Lord_Volume

Young
so i decided to do a 500 PED run (plus 100 PED reserve for repairs) on exos recently. This is a really big run for me as im newer to this game.

my question: is this a large enough run to do comparisons with? i wanted to try the same on kerbs and fouls, but while this is a huge hunt for ME, from what i've read, its not necessarily big enough for comparisons.

the gun im using is the Z12 for refrence

Are you trying to log TT returns or loot composition?
10,000 loot events should give you a rough idea for TT %. 50,000 events is better.

Loot composition depends on the loot table the mob is pulling from, but in those listed mob cases they don’t drop anything particularly rare so you can get away with a lot less numbers to build an accurate model.

TBH comparing TT % between different mobs is kind of pointless. Just because you global on one mob and do better, doesn’t mean it’s better to hunt. The average markup from loot composition is what’s important.

Maintain adequate bankroll to kill high numbers of mobs so you can ride out the low return periods without running out of money.

The answer on this forum will always be no, not even at 50k or 500k loot events. Assuming you're killing olds (90hp) that's around 30-40 pec per kill dependant on your dpp. So you're looking at 1000-1500 loot events for that amount of ped - you'll probably get an indicator of loot composition. But tt returns will vary greatly dependant on if you get a larger multiplier in that run.

Like KC said, there are a number of rare items that mobs can drop, i.e. Foul DNA pieces, Rare weapons and mf chips that can really really skew numbers. In my case, I've cycled well over a million ped on Moloch on NI and still haven't seen a single armour piece drop. In contrast, many people have seen multiple drops in the same window.

The best thing you can do at any level really is looking to maximise the number of loot events you see for any given number of ped. So DPP (loot events / ped) is just as important as Efficiency (tt return %).

Back