Can run through trees.

TimTim

Old
Most of the trees in the game (not all of them, oddly) can be run through, both by players and by animals. It would be nice if the trees and other plants that ought to be barriers were solid. In addition, the solid ones can be attacked through by the animals, and not by players. It would be nice if the solid barriers could not be attacked through at all.

Yes
No
Yes

Have you played around the tree and rocks that you can't go through? They are a mess!

Most of the trees in the game (not all of them, oddly) can be run through, both by players and by animals. It would be nice if the trees and other plants that ought to be barriers were solid.

No it wouldn't... I like being able to shoot through trees tyvm! And making the all the trees solid would be a pain for mob AI I'd imagine

In addition, the solid ones can be attacked through by the animals, and not by players. It would be nice if the solid barriers could not be attacked through at all.

Yeah, fair point.

I would basically give up mining if i couldnt run through trees.. I would hate having to navigate and turn every few seconds while trying to mine in a strait line. I think its fine just the way it is.

Running through trees is a small bug (of course you couldnt do this IRL) but i think MA has other issue a bit more important that need fixed first this issue to me is a bit low on the "need to fix" list :scratch2:

Did you log a support call with MA. Failing to log a support and exploiting the bug could result in your account being locked.

jk

Most of the trees in the game (not all of them, oddly) can be run through, both by players and by animals. It would be nice if the trees and other plants that ought to be barriers were solid. In addition, the solid ones can be attacked through by the animals, and not by players. It would be nice if the solid barriers could not be attacked through at all.

Collision checking takes up quite alot of processing power, putting a rather large load on a server.

Well, technically this time TimTim is right....:scratch2:

Those damn trees are streamed! And I do not see use of a stupid tree that I can't interact with using up my band and giving my graph card an headache...

Some times in forest I lag like sh*t only to have some nice useless trees...:mad:

I'd really like and "remove useless tree" option...:wtg:

:laugh:

So lets make the trees solid and flameable and then burn the landscape down to plain mud with our laser fire ;)
Imho the trees are part of Calypsos nature and add some ambience but if they were all solid i would burn more ammo on trees than on mobs and that is not good for me i think

The trees and rocks used to be solid. Problem was, people learned they could trap mobs on the other side of these solid objects. Trapped mobs means they don't hit back. MA loses money. MA fixes it so mobs can't be trapped. MA makes money and all is right in the world. Its not going back until they can develop the AI enough to navigate and avoid solid objects.

Back