Can we please remove this - what is the purpose?

AckerZ

Old Alpha
Society
Dirty Dingos
Anonymous AckerZ Anonymous
l8zw2BC.png

It'd be real nice if you could please remove this annoying restriction that prevents you from selling your crafting materials while having the crafting window open. Not entirely sure what the point of that restriction is, from the player perspective it means you have to completely close your crafting window do your auction work then re-open your crafting window, resetting any work you were doing. Doesn't sound that annoying to non-crafters but it unnecessary tedium that would be greatly appreciated if it could be removed, unless it has some function im not understanding.

Cheers

@Ludvig|MindArk

I do agree its annoying sometimes. But:
Hunters and miners have to specifically go to AH in order to sell their loot. While not been hunting/mining. Same would be expected from crafters.

Category "Housewife Notes":
Open the auction sale window before starting the craft window. Now we can set auction lots during craft. (Moreover, any number of lots, since the sale window opens automatically again).

Open the auction sale window before starting the craft window. Now we can set auction lots during craft. (Moreover, any number of lots, since the sale window opens automatically again).
Bruh.... where have you been all that time 😅

i discovered that by accident recently and almost fell out of my chair.

1- if it's possible to do (a feature) then why hide it behind this trickery, just allow the sell button to function so it's available to everyone. [I agree with OP]
2- if it's an oversight and is not intended to be possible, to provide fairness to all professions or prevent some type of exploit... cat's outta the bag. lol

crafting prevents peer to peer trading so if i am in need of an item (or want to sell to a player a produced item) i cant do it without stopping the machine and exiting craft window.
this resets the statistics of the craft run....

1. Open the Crafting interface
2. From the crafting UI, open the Auction
3. Close the crafting interface (Auction stays open)
4. Click the "Sell" button, sell window opens
5. Re-open the crafting UI

Now you can sell things while crafting

I would really like MA to fix the crafting UI though, they broke a couple of things with the latest updates:

Can no longer change the order in which residue is used

Sometimes, I will select only 1 residue to be used, but once I click "Construct", they become all selected somehow; very frustating

Sometimes, clicking stop doesn't stop the crafting run

Please add:

"Keep going until 1 successful attempt, then stop"

Add search for materials in the list of ingredients, that way I can see all the blueprints I have that use a specific mat without having to go to entropiawiki

Can no longer change the order in which residue is used
You can.
Left click on residue > (will pop up menu which, with the old UI was always visible) > Prioritize this residue > will move it up, in order, by 1 step
It will reset to default order each time you open crafting terminal.

Sometimes, I will select only 1 residue to be used, but once I click "Construct", they become all selected somehow; very frustating
Bug that, deliberately, adds more types of residue to sellection, persists. But tbh i dont even know if its bad. Wouldnt be the first time i screwed myself by crafting more items than i have specific res for. So its, unintentionally, works as a back up.

Last edited:
Can we make the stupid UI not do an auto-use function when you search? That's completely dumb.

You can.
Left click on residue > (will pop up menu which, with the old UI was always visible) > Prioritize this residue > will move it up, in order, by 1 step
It will reset to default order each time you open crafting terminal.
Thanks, I'll try that

Bug that, deliberately, adds more types of residue to sellection, persists. But tbh i dont even know if its bad. Wouldnt be the first time i screwed myself by crafting more items than i have specific res for. So its, unintentionally, works as a back up.
It really doesn't work for me, I don't want to waste my 102% metal res on Pulsar plates or P20 extenders when I can just use the massive stockpile of Animal res which I always have too much of and usually end up tt'ing

Back