Info: Catch, Hold, Release Theory

R4tt3xx

I want to believe
Society
Freelancer
Alexis Sky Greenstar
I think I have a very nice, simple and obvious system concept here.

I have a blank database. As a avatar spends anything consumable (bombs, probes, ammo, etc) the value of the spend item is stored in a db, as well as location, range, depth, etc,etc. This is the catch part, basically capture the spending of each avatar.

For x amount of time, keep the captured consumable items value captive not allowing it's value to return to the system. This is hold.

Release simply places the captured consumable value/s back into the system at the same coordinates as where it left.

It's basically a buffer of x amount of time. The trick to this whole system working is the fact that the captured resources does not really belong to anyone, so anyone that performs a catch operation at a specific set of coordinates, will have the release trigger if the location is not in a hold state.

Basically what we as players need to do is record every bit of data as we play the game, and repeat the same steps at the same coordinates over and over again.

However this is difficult for hunters to do as their "prey" moves around. They would have to make sure that their target's corpse is on a set of release coordinates. Crafters have it the worst as they have to know the release times better than anyone. Miners have it the easiest. Basically seed an area with bombs and probes, noting down the coordinates and in a couple of hours, return to those coordinates and reap the reward, the awesome part of this is that if someone does find the coordinates of your seed, they are reseeding it for you as they had to drop a bomb / probe in order to access what you seeded.

This would skew so many players perceptions as you are simple getting out what you put in.

I think I have a very nice, simple and obvious system concept here.

Nice and simple, maybe. Obvious, hardly. For one it doesn't explain when you kill several mobs around you and they all have different or no loot, especially when it's about mobs that swarm you like ripperspappers or tantillions, whose corpses are so tiny that a same coordinate can fit several. Also doesn't explain why one miner dropping a bomb/probe with one finder might get NRF, and another doing the same thing afterwards with another finder gets a claim.

Proving this theory is about as likely as being able to prove that had you killed that mob the GD in your radar hoffed on instead of him, you'd have hoffed as well, and if so, the same amount, and as such will remain as just one more theory that will bear absolutely no fruits.

Nice and simple, maybe. Obvious, hardly. For one it doesn't explain when you kill several mobs around you and they all have different or no loot, especially when it's about mobs that swarm you like ripperspappers or tantillions, whose corpses are so tiny that a same coordinate can fit several. Also doesn't explain why one miner dropping a bomb/probe with one finder might get NRF, and another doing the same thing afterwards with another finder gets a claim.

Proving this theory is about as likely as being able to prove that had you killed that mob the GD in your radar hoffed on instead of him, you'd have hoffed as well, and if so, the same amount, and as such will remain as just one more theory that will bear absolutely no fruits.

Mining it is very easy to prove, in fact my mining observations let me to this idea. The key to your mining example is the different tool :), who says that the database only grabs x and y data, what about z axis data ? For hunting it could take distance to target into effect and treat that as z. Hell it could even use tool data and only allow a release to the user of the same tool.

This idea is easy to prove if all the inputs are consistently the same, mining fits the bill.

maybe you should stick to one theory?
maybe you should actually try to drop a bomb once in a while?
maybe you should actually share some real information?

or maybe i should just stop reading your threads :dunce:

maybe you should stick to one theory?
maybe you should actually try to drop a bomb once in a while?
maybe you should actually share some real information?

or maybe i should just stop reading your threads :dunce:

Most of the theories that I have, are based on my perceptions and like most, results. This time I am taking into account my misses, skillgains and hits as well as every one elses.

I dropped 6 bombs this morning, all hits :p Right where I seeded them. As soon as I get back from work, I will hit the same coordinates again, I can do this because , gasp, shock, horror, I have them all written down on a piece of paper.

What I like about this idea is that it can change, Mindark can force a change (and they previously have forced it) into mining by changing the spawn / respawn coordinates of mobs.

Remember when the mobs used to spawn in straight lines ? What we had was hunters lining up in straight lines, battling the mobs that were in straight lines, that resulted in the mining veins being in straight lines :p

I think what MA had before, transferred resources directly to the mob when it was shot at which would of course if mining and hunting are linked, create moving mining spawn locations, if a miner would say find a resource node, the mob that it was linked to would wink out of existence.

Of course you can see how this is a very BAD idea, as every mob has to contain loot, which means that there has to be an initial seed. Bad for Mindark as the player can get something from nothing, sorry I am thinking as I type.

No the new system is better, having the players seed the areas in-stead of MA would be better in the long run as it would be impossible for MA to pay $$$ that it does not have.

Great, but MA doesn't data log expenditure. I know this for fact.

are you going to offer any explaination or proof of this? i assume from other posts, it wouldnt be based on coincidence... ;)

I am busy with experiments, drop a bomb / probe every hour same coordinate ...... Results are as expected, I drop a bomb worth 10 pec, get nothing, wait 1 hour, drop again, get nothing, next hour class ii deposit +20pec ..... There is something to this, now I have to wait another 45 minutes and check again...

are you going to offer any explaination or proof of this? i assume from other posts, it wouldnt be based on coincidence... ;)

about a decade of listening to the same loot theories get debunked over and over and over and over ;)

Someday I will post all I know... maybe when the game is just about dead ;)

Ditto. I was in contact with support to get refund on multiple occasions where Mindark took my money without providing the service I did pay for. The answer from support made it crystal clear they do not log this.

This is one of the reasons I see it as impossible that any company within MindGroup could ever get a banking license.

Ok this idea is DEAD, which is brilliant, MA cant use it now as it has been mentioned in an open forum :p

Back