Elite
Banned
Society
Church of Lootius
Fire Sparkz Lavawalker
Interesting ...

Chinese government developing Virtual World business district - Massively

*Quoted *

The project is] set for a June 2008 launch (just in time for the Beijing Olympics in August) ... The CRD complex will include a corporate park, a public center showcasing numerous virtual worlds, and ... the organization expects 150 million users (!) by 2010 ... Entropia Universe will provide a virtual world platform for the CRD, but 10 or more other virtual worlds will also be featured there, including Chinese-based HiPiHi and probably Second Life via RTMAsia, Linden Lab's representative in China.

*end quote*

I find the idea of bringing Second Life into CRD/Entropia very interesting

~ Sparkz

hmmm... Maby the new planet will be from linden labs?

hmmm... Maby the new planet will be from linden labs?

....and it'll be furries and bars and fchan and spamming sound clips and cheaply made buildings all over the place....

feel free to continue this run on sentence

hehe,

No no, the new planet is a completely seperate partner,

The above article is referring to the planets which will eventually include about a dozen with more in the future from the CRD alliance.

Just the prospects of having one of the CRD planets being made up of Linden Lab based content had me a little surprised.

Maybe I am reading the article wrong and they are saying that other online worlds will be showcased along with the CRDs worlds in the CRD complex.

Then again, everyone seems to be in bed with everyone else these days *chuckles* so who knows.

~ Sparkz

PS. Gets tiring reading so many webpages at this time of the evening.
/snores-loudly. Think I will go back to whipping some more molisks *grins*

Last edited:
Maybe I am reading the article wrong and they are saying that other online worlds will be showcased along with the CRDs worlds in the CRD complex.

You're right, it will be differents games, they're not bringing 2nd life in entropia ;)

The fact china government is planning such things is to control chinese communications. As when you're searching "ten an men" place on google or on web, you find some articles and photos related to the big repressed manifestation which took place on it.
But when you're searching the same in china you only find touristic photos and articles. And this happen with many other searches.

It seems entropia will be named "second earth" in china as showed on webpage -> DOTMAN-中国数字娱乐基地 - Dotman平台Second Earth虚拟世界投入国际试运营

Lavawalker,

Yet again, as I pointed out in a previous thread, you are digging up old and now inaccurate news articles from third-party sources and then taking comments from within those articles out of context and presenting them here on the forum as if they were facts.

Not only is this misleading to the community and the casual reader, it’s also confusing to those trying to follow and track the latest developments.

The article only mentions Second Life due to sloppy journalism by the original author who was only making this assumption (notice the use of the word “probably”) due to a lack of any in depth detailed knowledge about the subject. There seems to be a huge amount of these blogs on the internet at the moment, which merely repeat news articles from other sources and often out of their original context.

There isn’t any indication here that Second Life will be “brought into” Entropia as you have falsely assumed and your misleading title suggests.

If you want to get to the real facts, it’s much better to get them “straight from the horse’s mouth”, as it were:

News
www.dotman.com/

;)

*post removed*

No use responding to an opportunist looking to state the obvious after the fact that it had been mentioned that it may have been read wrong to start with.

Last edited:
*post removed*

PS. Jake, you neg rep in the 'new planet' thread stating that the article finally found from what can be considered a reputable source linking MA & Creative Kingdom to be partners as having been posted several pages before. Re-reading that thread I see no such link to the article I posted, only speculative suggestion, be it strongly suggested or partially hinted from an inside source, yet you can not even go a few posts on the same page back and yet do the same thing finding where I stated I may have read it wrong ? Even with another posting to verify after it. Hypocritical and pathetic matey.

If you expect everything on EF posted for discussion to be 100% correct then your in the wrong place. There are those who actually get of their arses and go out and find & sift through information out there, and then there are those who just sit there and be critical & opinionated upon the efforts of those who actually try and do the research. Which are you ? (Don't answer that, it is obvious)

Thanks for the breakdown analysis of the article reporter and their compentency to report. Though I am quite capable of doing such things, I really don't need to be or appreciate being told how to suck eggs, so to speak, in doing such things for myself.

Last edited:
You're right, it will be differents games, they're not bringing 2nd life in entropia ;)

Aye thought that may be the case, thanks for the clarification. Late night reading of some many snaked URLs each week does tend to make ones judgement lapse.

+ rep Garci.

~ Sparkz

PS. I have decided not to post anything else dug up, for the time being, to avoid board critics that love to find the opportunity to be an arse and neg rep every opportunity they find. Ultimately they are on ignore now anyway :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back