Question: Changed Mining Technique

Athal

Prowler
Society
Natural Born Killers
Aranthir Athal Lander
I changed my mining technique.

I used to do level 5 amps or d class at Arkadia Under or Monria. I have changed for Entropia Fund LA's in Calypso for the points mostly.

I use a tier 4 F105 enhanced with depth

A ME 04 or ME 01

My usual runs are around 500 peds 3x times per day. I change LA's and use D class or level 5.

I was getting terrible results in the last months since a good month in last August.

I use Ares Ring L and Hermetic Ring Adjusted with Lara.

I usually mine around Proteron in Quad and Bakunawa Isle. I like that I am finding better mu than indoors as well as more stable loot.

I depo around $300 per month so any other tips would be nice but I am liking Caly mining since it's not all Lyst and Oil anymore.

Should I change equipment or upgrade? :D

You are mining mostly in taxed area's (except for Monria), in combination with markup on amps means you need to find 10% markup just to cover this. I would try to avoid taxed mining, you are losing 50-75 ped daily on tax alone. That adds up quickly.

Also scale down to unamped until you can get profitable (or close to) then slowly move up the amp ladder.

Thanks for the input. Yeah, tax is a ped eater in claims and kills kanerium. Regarding amps, I amp since I can't drop 1500 drops per day but I could space them between a week.

Mining on any LA is bad idea!

- Better places to mine almost... everywhere :D.
- Lara speed buff no need, go for perf hermetic or the 15% hermetic + korona's velocity suit for 10%. Fun mission chain too. for the total 25% speed.
- Get a low tt thorifoid helm for reload exca speed.
- Excavators progression: Tt exca (buy a few), then adj, then imp. Other excas can be ignored.
annnd ur mining set is good. Shouldn't cost more than 200 ped or so.

That's about good for your bank roll. Also unamp until you find better spots.

Last edited:
Just to add, don’t bother with UL finders. It’s almost always cheaper to go with an equivalent L Terramaster, etc. as long as the MU is in the 110s%. The uses for an UL finder are very niche.

A few suggestions

1. Do not rely on tt profit for mining. MU is the key.
2. FIrst step, do some research to find good spots with decent markup. ( Unamped and with tt exca ). 112% is minimum acceptable mu and u can get anywhere from there to 140-150%. Explore.
3. Grind the shit out of them and keep most of your peds for bankroll. As said above, L finders are good enough for most resources and you cannot beat the tt returns of unamped mining.
4. Once profitable, scale up but remember volatility increases exponentially with mining amps.
5. Enjoy. Mining has its limitations in terms of turnover etc but among the 3 professions it is the easiest of the lot to profit in with some basic knowledge.

PS: There are hidden gems on almost every planet and knowledge is what sets you free .

Thanks for the input. Yeah, tax is a ped eater in claims and kills kanerium. Regarding amps, I amp since I can't drop 1500 drops per day but I could space them between a week.
I would focus on getting to profit first before increasing cycle, now you are just increasing your losses.

Another important one about markup. High markup finds don't do much for overall markup if those finds are rare. Finding 50 ped of 120% (10 ped mu) resource nets more then finding 5 ped of 200% (5 ped markup) resource in a run.

One thing i would add, that i find happens a lot on Caly is where everyone over camps a certain area. If to many miners with different skills and tools i believe can effect what you find in that area.

One thing i would add, that i find happens a lot on Caly is where everyone over camps a certain area. If to many miners with different skills and tools i believe can effect what you find in that area.
This is definitely the case. If it’s been within 15 minutes of another drop, regardless of depth, hit rate will be near zero.

This is definitely the case. If it’s been within 15 minutes of another drop, regardless of depth, hit rate will be near zero.
didnt that change tho because loot 2.0 % return. im not saying its something to ignore. but loot 2.0 will give you something eventually. or am I wrong?

didnt that change tho because loot 2.0 % return. im not saying its something to ignore. but loot 2.0 will give you something eventually. or am I wrong?
Loot 2.0 was a hunting thing, mining was relatively unchanged relative to what happened in hunting aside from smaller tweaks to claim sizes (more consistent smaller claims, but fewer large ones).

In general though, never assume the system will pay you back for a deficit. If you are actively doing something to make you lose ped, those ped are pretty much gone. That’s very different than large sample sizes to “normalize” returns around a rough average. What that actual average is is much more dependent on your actions rather than assuming the system is just going to eventually give you a set amount.

Back