Changes to vehicle repair

Ok guys, we need ideas for vehicle repairs. Go!

"Here is an idea.... USE SWEAT TO MAKE A STACKABLE ITEM NEEDED AS AMMO TO REPAIR VEHICLES!" :eyecrazy:

"No... that would be too easy.... maybe narc... no.... hmm.... i got it! In order to repair your vehicle, you need to have a material that is crafted by items only available on separate planets, which you would have to transport from other planets through lootable PVP that will probably be "controlled" by ubers!"

"Johnson... you have a bright future in this company!"

Ok guys, we need ideas for vehicle repairs. Go!

"Here is an idea.... USE SWEAT TO MAKE A STACKABLE ITEM NEEDED AS AMMO TO REPAIR VEHICLES!" :eyecrazy:

"No... that would be too easy.... maybe narc... no.... hmm.... i got it! In order to repair your vehicle, you need to have a material that is crafted by items only available on separate planets, which you would have to transport from other planets through lootable PVP that will probably be "controlled" by ubers!"

"Johnson... you have a bright future in this company!"
No no...I got it...you need Dunkel Plastix (V) and Light Mail (V)!!!

See, what the (V) is, is to indicate that it is used for vehicles. You will need a special refiner to make the (V) version, and the decay for this will be 5 ped rather than the 25 pec or so with the normal refiners!

I mean, come on. It's way to simple the way they made it.

Well....I think MA is forcing interplanetary trading. But to be perfectly honest, it's the greedy players that raise the cost of most stuff. MA doesnt decide MU...players do. Who decides that an item like angel armor needs to cost thousands of RL dollars? The TT is in hunreds of peds....not hunders of thousands of peds....so, it IS a PLAYER driven econ.

Just like now...thrusters for VTOL to be space-able...is high, due to players bidding....not the original 5PED TT. It will come down after space has been out for a bit. Guess it all depends on how bad you feel you need it, or how soon.

I'm sure most stuff that will require interplanetary resources are gonna cost more....but just like sweat...if no one buys for 3 ped/k, then people will drop their prices, or get the resource themselves.

But, dont get me wrong, I feel we spend too much as well, but I'm just saying...it's not all the system fault...it's mostly players who have to get the most they can from others.

EDIT: To me, one of the sad parts is those players that abused the system, will now have skills above most honest players, and no penalty for abusing the system.

Last edited:
Meh, I used to love driving like a maniac and then just quickly jump out of the vehicle and repairing it. Guess I'll drive like my grandparents from now on, not generating a single pec for MA (except for the fuel cost).

AND I also hope to christ they've made it easier to get skills in vehicle repairing now.

Here's something I just thought of: did MA remove the near-invisible, one-foot tall flowers that destroy land vehicles for some reason? Again - really hope so.....

Here's something I just thought of: did MA remove the near-invisible, one-foot tall flowers that destroy land vehicles for some reason? Again - really hope so.....

You mean those tiny blue flowers that could send a pitbull flying 20 feet into the air? Nah..they are
MA best pec nibblers.

You mean those tiny blue flowers that could send a pitbull flying 20 feet into the air? Nah..they are
MA best pec nibblers.
Yay! :yay:

Hmmm yes the repair tool needs a stuff now which is very expensive ATM. :(
Waiting for th insane MU to drop, hehe maybe sweaters ae happy as TP chip willbe used more...?

Ok, it's time to learn how to pilot carefully and stop hitting trees. :silly2:

Crap I think the last time I logged out all my vehicles were in serious need of repair...

Hmmm yes the repair tool needs a stuff now which is very expensive ATM. :(
Waiting for th insane MU to drop, hehe maybe sweaters ae happy as TP chip willbe used more...?

Ok, it's time to learn how to pilot carefully and stop hitting trees. :silly2:

is a win win for sweaters. Some people will buy their sweat to craft the wires and others to use the TP chips.

is a win win for sweaters. Some people will buy their sweat to craft the wires and others to use the TP chips.

Good point. Teleporting suddenly got more attractive again, didn't it?

There's an awful lot of complaining going on. Meanwhile, I've been out flying around most of the afternoon and evening in my stock Sleipnir Mk1 with only the cost of a single flight up from Calypso to Calypso Station (to avoid needing a thruster). I've flown around to most of the planets, FOMA, CP, Pirate Base, several of the neutral bases, and just generally wasting oil in the black.

I've been dinging my Sleipnir up with some careless flying in several hangars and while exploring the Pirate Base caves, and I've only lost about 20 SI points overall.

Is this REALLY as bad and as oppressive as everyone is making it out to be?

We all know how the RCE works. When new items are introduced, those flush with cash always start driving the prices up. Then the prices drop and become reasonable. But we didn't even need to buy first to get into space this time. I just needed to wait until the 40 PED trips to space turned into a 25 PED trip to space, thus avoiding having to spend 200 PED on a thruster until those prices come down.

Well with the wire used, using vehicles as shields prob isnt as worthy now :p.
The part with ressources of different planets sucks, dont ever wanna go to rocktropia.

There's an awful lot of complaining going on. Meanwhile, I've been out flying around most of the afternoon and evening in my stock Sleipnir Mk1 with only the cost of a single flight up from Calypso to Calypso Station (to avoid needing a thruster). I've flown around to most of the planets, FOMA, CP, Pirate Base, several of the neutral bases, and just generally wasting oil in the black.

I've been dinging my Sleipnir up with some careless flying in several hangars and while exploring the Pirate Base caves, and I've only lost about 20 SI points overall.

We all know how the RCE works. When new items are introduced, those flush with cash always start driving the prices up. Then the prices drop and become reasonable. But we didn't even need to buy first to get into space this time. I just needed to wait until the 40 PED trips to space turned into a 25 PED trip to space, thus avoiding having to spend 200 PED on a thruster until those prices come down.

As said many times earlier in this thread, it's not about the amount of money, it's about MA adding yet
another little fee we have to pay.
It's the same as the tiny little fee for equiping armor and other stuff.
THAT is what it's about. MA nibbling some pec here, some there, more and more.
What MA could do that would shock us is to fore once remove a fee for something and make something cheaper.

not bad at all to have a thread about this, not everyone will read all the details about space and might oversee the part about those wires now required for repairs.

would be a bad surprise if you crash your car in the middle of nowhere and repair suddenly requires some ingredients :silly2:

I would prefer to not need any materials, even if that would mean not gaining any skill at all while using the repair kit but
atm it seems enough of those wires are available in auction, price is falling allready, let it settle a bit and we will see how it is going to work out

Ps. you dont have to GO to a planet to get their ressources.. you can use auction or someone can maybe bring it along.

This new development sure sucks, but isnt this what miners in pvp4 wanted? I remember people were using their vehicles as shields or hideaways, wouldnt this add-on stop that pretty much all together? Seems like a good development to me & I'm sure sweaters are happy for something that needs sweat :D.

Welding Wire BP (L) not showing up in auctioneer listing.

Yes that is correct, it was stated in the release notes. I dont really see a point to this topic? UNLES there was a bug or something that needed to be done extra besides what they stated in the release notes..:wise:

~Danimal

Actually there is a bug ;) Found it after the patch had finished.

Hello Archangel,

There seems to be another problem with the "Welding Wire blueprint (L)" in that once listed on the auction, it does not show up at all in any of the auction areas.

It is supposed to show up under "Metal Components blueprints" but does not.

So listing it at this point in time is worthless, this is why the BP also has no sales recorded against it yet.

Regards,
Viper

Unless they fixed this in the last 12 hours, this is still the case.

Yes, it isnt much.... now. So lets say you put 20 SI damage on your VTOL today... ok... what about tomorrow, a month, a year from now? 1 pec isnt much... but 1 pec for something insignificant adds up when it repeatedly happens multiple times a day over a year... its unnecessary and its costs us... THAT is what the problem is.

Yes, it isnt much.... now. So lets say you put 20 SI damage on your VTOL today... ok... what about tomorrow, a month, a year from now? 1 pec isnt much... but 1 pec for something insignificant adds up when it repeatedly happens multiple times a day over a year... its unnecessary and its costs us... THAT is what the problem is.

Well it costs you individually it probably doesnt cost us, because as it is no item decay the money lost from that is probably cycled back into the system.

A big problem is that MindArk hasn't fixed the terrain issues. I was on Eudoria (of all places) last night, guiding my VTOL to a very gentle landing next to a plant, when all of a sudden I get hit with the bug that causes vehicles to get hit with damage about 20 times per second even though the thing wasn't crashed. Like I said, I landed it very gently. If they're going to make it expensive to repair vehicles, they have to fix terrain issues.

And forget land vehicles. I may sell mine - haven't decided yet. Going to wait to see where the markup goes with this welding wire crap. But if it doesn't fall to say 105% or lower, yeah, I may just sell the thing.

As said many times earlier in this thread, it's not about the amount of money, it's about MA adding yet
another little fee we have to pay.
It's the same as the tiny little fee for equiping armor and other stuff.
THAT is what it's about. MA nibbling some pec here, some there, more and more.
What MA could do that would shock us is to fore once remove a fee for something and make something cheaper.
Exactly. It all adds up.

yeah and dont forget .. one pec from you .. one pec from me .. one pec from our friend .. one pec from someone else.. makes a lot of pecs for all vehicles reparied in EU during one day .. two days .. and so on .. might add up to A HUGE AMOUNT OF pecs :wise:

They find new ways of charging us money so fast that soon only walking will be free.

Nope.

Eventually. they'll implement decay on wearing clothes. They get worn and torn by just wearing them, that above the 2 pec dress costs.

So, you're shoes/boots/sandals will decay each time you move (sandals least I guess).

Don't bother walking bare footed, cuz it'll damage your feet and you will have to heal every hundred yards or so.

:yup:

Don't bother walking bare footed, cuz it'll damage your feet and you will have to heal every hundred yards or so.

:yup:

Oh ffs! Don't give MA any new bright ideas now!!!:mad:
:laugh:

Well well well...I just popped on Entropia for the first time since about Christmas, and the first thing I saw were vehicles. Cool! And now I read this, the morning after, and I just had to laugh. The more things change, the more they stay the same, eh? All you people whining at MindArk pulling these shenanigans with the vehicle repairs, are you really, honestly, actually *surprised*?? :laugh:

... All you people whining at MindArk pulling these shenanigans with the vehicle repairs, are you really, honestly, actually *surprised*?? :laugh:

we all just like to whine. :cool:

And we're always very creative in finding more ways to whine :laugh:

Luckily in entropia we will never run out of things to whine :yay:

So, you're shoes/boots/sandals will decay each time you move (sandals least I guess).

For someone who use shoes when not wearing armor there *is* a decay on shoes, because they are removed each time you put on footguards and then you have to pay decay to put them on again.

we all just like to whine. :cool:

And we're always very creative in finding more ways to whine :laugh:

Luckily in entropia we will never run out of things to whine :yay:

Nothing gets one going in the morning like a good whine! :yay:
Or was it wine?

Anywho....

Does the quality of a repair depend on chance?

Hi, I repaired my VTOL after hitting a tree and got a result of very bad looking and smoking engines. On another repair, this time of my helicopter, I came out with a shiny Gold one. What gives?

Hi, I repaired my VTOL after hitting a tree and got a result of very bad looking and smoking engines. On another repair, this time of my helicopter, I came out with a shiny Gold one. What gives?
I dont understand your question one bit, the first part is normal, your vehicle is smoking due to the damage done to the vehicle itself all normal. The other one... err whats shiny gold one? I dont get this at all, in any case your vehicle taking damage and you repairing is all normal. Are you saying that your vtol looked bad after taking heavy damage while your gungnir looked good? :D. Well now that would be strange yes, report it that is not normal I should think, that is what gives. Mine looked beatup and dull.

Pick up and respawn the vehicle and all will look good again. The graphics for the repaired vehicle didnt load up it sounds like.

Back