cheating Premium members?

Further to my last post:

Asking 5 PEd per month for Premium membership would have been the best plan, from the outset , IMO. But then no suitable payment system was in place, so it was easier to take a one-off payment ; and then Starfinder needed to give people an incentive for running the Tracker Client, thus the Gift Credit system was born... and that bit of revenue from Lifetime Premium Memberships was lost, cos there was no longer any reason for people to pay.

It's a difficult one. Good luck to Starfinder in finding an acceptable solution.

jay:)

A) its currently unclear if paying 5 PED a month would get us to keep all the services that Premium members have come to expect , though that does seem to be the intention. In practice, its somewhat confusing atm, and this does need thrashing out.
The original "idea" with premium membership was to give access to the "advanced" features of the website. Originally those features were: Advanced live list, Uber checker, Forum signature, 15 mobs on "my page", loot size, analyze loot.

More features were included in the premium membership at later points in time. Like adding to the "globals lists" that you could only see +25 if you had premium membership, but if I strictly keep to the original "feature list" with premium membership - the before mentioned features should be the only things the premium membership gave access to.

B) Its not necessarily true that existing Premium Members have not contributed anything. Some of us actually bought Lifetime Premium Membership in the early days of tracker, at a bargain price (100 PEd, was it?). When Starfinder changed to the Gift Credit system, we were awarded more than enough Gift Credits, in lieu of this, to last us into a ripe old age and beyond (if we can only figure out how to take it with us :laugh: )
The "lifetime premium membership did cost 50 PED during the lets call it "beta" period. Some people were promised "lifetime" and some people were promised "until we decide otherwise". There were no real clear timespan on that membership status as we had like 5 people "selling" the memberships to accommodate for different timezones and they were just given access to the admin part of the site and told how to upgrade people.

Now, I'm more than happy to add more to the bit I already paid, as the need for more income is clear and reasonable, but I can see that Starfinder has put himself in an awkward position here. How the heck does he honour his previous offer, without being absurdly generous to those who never paid a bean? :scratch2: And thus forgoing any further income ? Both sets of people are maintaining Premium Membership on Gift Credits. The system as it is does not discriminate.
I thought of adding like ridiculously low priced "mini features".. like.. 5 PED to view X and 2 PED to view Y per month. Because people do not all want the same, and as i mentioned before in the thread some people thought that 20 PED / month were quite a lot to be able to view +25 globals.
So, my feelings is a little mixed on the matter. I can see how people who are running the tracker client to be able to get enough gift credits for the +25 globals per page would feel screwed if I changed it to the 5 PED/month subcription thingy. So, keeping the premium membership at the "original feature list", but also keeping the members who wanted free +25 globals happy. I made the "30 days player viewer" to be able to be purchased with gift credits. This way they could still see all their old globals, using gift credits. But some of the new "player information" features such as "largest globals" would not be covered with this feature, since this feature were purchable with gift credits - that the old premium members got, and I dident want old members to get access to "much more" than they got from their 50 PED purchase. Ofcourse, when people are used to getting a feature essentially for free then the outcry will be immense when I change it.

The reason for doing it like that is kinda straight forward. If you see something on the site, but havent got access to it in the first place. You dont "know what you are missing out on" and thus you will be less inclined to pay for it.
Its like a "teaser". This I can tell you - when I add new stuff from now on. I think I will write "this feature is only avalible for a limited time without purchase". It might be covered with the appropriate already existing feature - for instance any new features that attains to players will very likely be covered by the "player info" feature.

And the reason for wanting to provide it for free for a limited time period is that I can see that no one is paying for the "really cool features". Take the "30 days LA reports" for instance. I know this feature does not appeal to many besides LA owners, but so far no-one has bought it. This is by far the best feature on the site at the moment. It will tell you who your "participants" on your LA is. How your LA is performing against other LA's. Some of the features of this subscription will tell the LA owner (or anyone interrested):

- Turnover and unique hunters
Graph depicting how the turnover and unique hunters evolve over time

- Hunter retention
The hunter retention graph can also be viewed as an index of how happy the hunters are on the LandArea. If the retentionrate is high the hunters tend to stay at the LandArea - thus providing more income for the LandArea owner. The graph is benchmarked against the average value of all other landareas for the same timeperiode.

- Mob global index
The mob global index shows you, based on the last 60 days, how the globals on the Landarea is divided into the different mob types that are avalible on the landarea.

- Mob global location
This bar chart shows how big a percentage of a certain mob/maturity combo globals are happening on your LA. Can be viewed how popular your LA is for the given mob.

- Mob global index dataset
Table showing all mob/maturity combos on your LA, how many globals there has been in the last 60 days and how big the turnover has been on the specific mob/maturity combo.

- 20 biggest loots in the last 60 days
Table. Pretty self explanatory.

- Uber rate for mobs
Table showing the uber rates on all mob/maturity combo's on the LA and benchmark it against the average uber rate on the specific mob/maturity combo. This way you can see if a specific mob/maturity combo has a higher tendency of ubering on this LA than abywhere else in EU.

- Most active hunters
Table. Self explanatory.

... and much more... My point being, no one has bought this feature as no one has had access to it. Thus they do not know what it can do, even despite there is a "picture" showing some of the page if you haven't got access.

This is why im using the model "Give for free now, but might be part of a feature later". The very basic stuff is for free - as it always have been. Besides that, you can download the globals as CSV or XML (per mindarks request). Some of the features are (because of the old premium membership for 50 PED) free in the sense that you can pay with gift credits. And a small portion of the site is "pay to use".

If you have any suggestions on how I can find a better model so I can pay 711 for the server. So he dosent have to keep paying the rather large amount he does each month. And perhaps, if im really lucky I could get a PED or two for the so far 52 weeks * 2 years * 15 hours (lets be conservative) =~1500 hours ive spent on the project. By all means, im listening. :)

Edit:
To sum up I think there will be 4 main features for "regular participants" on Entropia Tracker
1: Player Info (5 PED / month)
Will show all player related informations.
2: Gold hunter (10 PED / month)
Will show everything under hunting
3: Gold miner (10 PED / month)
Will show everything under mining
4: Gold crafter (10 PED / month)
Will show everything under crafting

Then there will be misc. features such as premium membership, LA reports, LA viewer, Advertiser, and so on which will be tailored to specific pages.
There might also be some "pay to use" features in the client if this evolves further with new usable features. As it is now everything in the client is free. This means: screenshots, death locations, combat log, team hunt log & the mapper.
:)

Last edited:
any specific reason why you dont run google adsense adds or another comparable small add on edge or bottom of page to increase revenue.

any specific reason why you dont run google adsense adds or another comparable small add on edge or bottom of page to increase revenue.

Yes. As described earlier. :)

Aurli Weak -2,831 PED

How can you get a negitive loot? Ped card musta hurt that day. :laugh:

Really though.. I dun care for your service. Used to be the more time spent in game.. it gave you an "edge" now any Yahoo wid a wallet can go to tracker. I doubt MA hasn't compensated for this service though.

Same Same for wiki, I think it was better when societies provided info that wasn't just what's dropping now.

Aurli Weak -2,831 PED

How can you get a negitive loot? Ped card musta hurt that day. :laugh:

Really though.. I dun care for your service. Used to be the more time spent in game.. it gave you an "edge" now any Yahoo wid a wallet can go to tracker. I doubt MA hasn't compensated for this service though.

Same Same for wiki, I think it was better when societies provided info that wasn't just what's dropping now.

.. LOL... right?... I mean.. that was a joke.. good one :) Lets all be igonrant.. :)

Starfinder, i hope and believe that you're onto a winner with this LA viewer! I've been having a look at it and it's great.:yay: It's a pity it only works for named LA's, but that's obviously beyond your control.

So ...will i be putting my PED where my mouth is? Sadly, that all depends on how my in-game luck goes, since i'm in no position to depo anymore, not since losing my job two years ago, in fact. Iwas doing well enough not to worry about that til recent;y, but these past few months loots have really sucked for me, so tightening my belt, atm :(

jay:)

the 30 day player info feature is not working for me again using gift credits, it only works if I look at my own 30 days but not other players.

How long till this will be fixed?

the 30 day player info feature is not working for me again using gift credits, it only works if I look at my own 30 days but not other players.

How long till this will be fixed?

From the site
30 days player info

With this feature you can view all info for public avalible players
This feature can NOT be bought with gift credits.
Item price: 5,000.00

30 days player viewer

With this feature you can view all globals for public available avatars
This feature can be bought with gift credits.
Item price: 50,000.00

From the site
30 days player info

30 days player viewer

With this feature you can view all globals for public available avatars

Starfinder, this is point that confuses me. Is there a difference between these two features apart from how they are purchased. if there is, what is it?

jay :)

Starfinder, this is point that confuses me. Is there a difference between these two features apart from how they are purchased. if there is, what is it?

"30 day global thingy" = you can see everyones globals. Thats it.

"30 days player everything" = you can see everything under any player (who isent hidden)

Example:
Both can see all globals, but only "30 days player viewer" can see other peoples largest globals and everything else under players...

You do have free access to everything you had when you paied 50 PED. And you will continue to have free access to all those features for the next some 80 years - for the initial 50 PED.

Any new features are, as explained, subject to other payment plans.

The problem is it's abit too much hastle with gift credits, regular credits.. is there any way I could trade these gift credits for something i could use towards GOLD membership?

Some

The problem is it's abit too much hastle with gift credits, regular credits.. is there any way I could trade these gift credits for something i could use towards GOLD membership?

Some
No.. Or well.. If you want.. I can give you 50.000 credits for all your gift credits. 50.000 credits = 50 PED (which is what you paied initially to obtain the so far 3 years membership now)

No.. Or well.. If you want.. I can give you 50.000 credits for all your gift credits. 50.000 credits = 50 PED (which is what you paied initially to obtain the so far 3 years membership now)

That's a horrible deal, what's the current market value of a 80 years worth of Premium Membership (and Support!)?

That's a horrible deal, what's the current market value of a 80 years worth of Premium Membership (and Support!)?

0 PED.. You can get gift credits from running the client.. and support is free...

Ruslan is joking....isn't he? :laugh:

Short of paying us to use Tracker, damned if i can see how much more generous Starfinder can get

I have read in this thread about the ET premium feature changes recently made by starfinder, and the reactions of some disgruntled ET members. I would just like to remind people that creating and maintaining a site as complex and full-featured as EntropiaTracker is no small task; I think starfinder should be applauded for his hard work on ET over the years. EntropiaTracker is a very professional and well-coded community resource that offers a wealth of features, data and information that would not be available to anyone without starfinder's hard work.

Completely Agree!

I have read in this thread about the ET premium feature changes recently made by starfinder, and the reactions of some disgruntled ET members. I would just like to remind people that creating and maintaining a site as complex and full-featured as EntropiaTracker is no small task; I think starfinder should be applauded for his hard work on ET over the years. EntropiaTracker is a very professional and well-coded community resource that offers a wealth of features, data and information that would not be available to anyone without starfinder's hard work.

Oh? I didn't know I could pay for extra features with applause! In fact that's my favorite method of payment! :)
But seriously, I agree with everything it's just that I'm trying to negotiate the user's side of the deal here.
The cheaper the service gets the more people will use it.

I'm just trying to be constructive here, cause Atami seems completely pissed. :p

Some

Oh? I didn't know I could pay for extra features with applause! In fact that's my favorite method of payment! :)
But seriously, I agree with everything it's just that I'm trying to negotiate the user's side of the deal here.
The cheaper the service gets the more people will use it.

I'm just trying to be constructive here, cause Atami seems completely pissed. :p

Some

Premium membership = free if you run the client
Gold hunter = 10 PED / mo
Player info = 5 PED / mo

Client gives you a wealth of features for free.
Website gives you a wealth of features for free.
If you are a programmer, or know any, you can interface with a large portion of the ET database directly via the API and make your own site.... for free...
You get live support on the site (chat support) for free..
You get forum signatures, if you run the client.. for free..
ET keeps track of all your globals.. for free..

Dont know how much more I can lower the prices to be honest.. :)

Player info = 5 PED / mo

If you are a programmer, or know any, you can interface with a large portion of the ET database directly via the API and make your own site.... for free...

You forgot the ability to run events for free, which is in my opinion as valuable or more than the rest of the features combined. (though of course it does need those features to work)

narfi

Player info = 5 PED / mo

Yeah, that's pretty cheap, then why does it look so complicated. :S

It could be the new features that you got Atami addicted to and which are unavailable to Premium members no more.. i dunno..

Some

At the moment this is available on the site:

30 days Premium membership
Premium membership will give you access to many features on the site, in all categories.
Item price: 20,000.00

90 days Premium membership
Save 10% on premium membership.
Item price: 54,000.00

180 days Premium membership
Save 20% on premium membership.
Item price: 96,000.00

30 days GOLD Hunter
This feature will give you access to all hunting features on the site.
Item price: 10,000.00

360 days Advertiser
With this feature you gain access to the advertisment system on Entropia Tracker. Individual ad's will still cost credits individually.
Item price: 100,000.00

30 days LA viewer
With this feature you can see all globals related to a Land Area
Item price: 25,000.00

30 days LA report
With this feature you can view LA reports for 30 days
Item price: 125,000.00

360 days LA report
With this feature you can view LA reports for 360 days (save 44%)
Item price: 1,000,000.00

30 days player info

30 days player viewer
With this feature you can view all globals for public avalible avatars

30 days advanced signatures
With this feature you get access to all signatures for 30 days

60 days advanced signatures
With this feature you get access to all signatures for 60 days
Item price: 7,500.00

So, there are "many things" you can buy on the site, but a lot of the features are targeted at "specific player types" - advertiser, not a lot want to buy that. As well as the LA info thingys.
And then there are different time period's for the different subscriptions. Thats perhaps why it looks confusing. Perhaps I should change the "shop" of the site to be a little different?

Yeah I think it could help.

Maybe it's just me tho.. :)

Some

Back