Chicken Little was WRONG

roughrider

Old Alpha
Steven Talon Gates
2010-06-14 14:13 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,
Thank you for your inquiry. Entropia Universe is not static. It is constantly changing and therefore, you will experience both good and bad times.
We are working with technical support and normally we do not answer these kinds of issues. Generally, however, by killing a bigger mob with better health your chances to get better loot increases. Also, it is more economical to use items that match your skills.
For more advice, please talk with fellow participants or visit one of the many Entropia Universe related Community Sites.
Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

This was a "awaited" answer to my question as to why my ROI has gone down from an average 80% down to under 62% since VU10.

Now I know that I am not an economical hunter using Rutuba with 8A plates but what doesn't show is that my ROI is based without armour decay, I.E only ammo, weapon, amps and fapp.

LR59 (100% on that)
t20 for calm fapping and 2600 when I need a faster one. Only the largest mobs I hunt ever need a fapp with the armour I carry so...

It is up to each participant to decide how much to deposit and how to use their PED. So unfortunately we can not answer your question as it is entirely a personal decision. What we can assure you is that the return rate and the dynamics are still the same as before.

this was odd since I clearly stated the massive drop in ROI. Clearly bulls**t in my ears.

Now you might ask what it is I hunt since MA clearly thinks I hunt mobs under my caliber and therefore have bad loot.

these are the mission mobs:

100 atrox: 3
500 atrox: 0
1000 atrox: ?
100 merp: 0
500 merp: 0
1000 merp: 0
5000 merp: ?
100 argo: 0
500 argo: ?
100 foul: 0
500 foul: 0
100 armax: 1
500 armax: 0
1000 armax: 0
100 molisk: 0
500 molisk: ?
100 feffoid: 1
500 feffoid: ?
25 Eviscerators: 0

average return 62.17%

These are the other mobs I generaly hunt.
Leviathan
Large trox
Proteron
Malcruentor
Aurli
Kreltin

and I have tested a few falx but it takes to much fapping so I understand that I loose out on them.
Out of the hundreds of these mobs I hunted the returns have been just as abysmal, Leviathan sticking out of the pack with a lot of NRF or "25 nova/blazar" and not a single solo global.

Now I know that I am not an uber spender. I dont deposit more than 3-4k ped per month and my hunts usually end after 500-600 peds ammo per hunt but I still think its an expensive hobby ;)

I know that MA's revenue is down 17.9 million kronors and they have to pick it somewhere but I dont think the best way to get new players is by chasing away the old ones with worse and worse loot.

Then we have "THE VEHICLES"
I can't even imagine what the dude who started this dribble was smoking.
-Lets drop a few rare BP's so that people can start crafting car parts and hype it all upp...then they can sell the BP's for a nice fat amount to some other player.
AND, after that....listen to this idea...we make all the BP's totaly worthless by GIVING AWAY cars to everyone :yay:
-Damn dude...thats brilliant, and then we get a lot players comming over from "enormous theft vehicle" games
Last year the HOF lists were full of names we know, now they all seem to have stopped playing and spend all their peds buying parts this way and that (except the ones who sold everything and then dissapeared :( )
BTW. Is it a coincidence that taming and makeup is still gone..some of the few crafts that ppl actually earned peds from?

Chicken Little was wrong...the sky isn't falling...Entropia is sinking and its a sad thought that it isn't the players killing it...its the creators.
I used to be pro MA, now I'm pro ME
But hey...Sweden has a new prince :wtg:

One thing to think about is what weapon you use compared to which mob you hunt. Yes, maybe you can manage without much fapping, but if the weapon makes to little damage/sec compared the amount hp the mob regenerat you of course will get a bad ROI. I don't hunt so much so i can't tell how your weapon is suited for the mobs you hunt, but something to think about.

I know that MA's revenue is down 17.9 million kronors and they have to pick it somewhere but I dont think the best way to get new players is by chasing away the old ones with worse and worse loot.

all the time you complain along these lines, MA wont change, because you are fighting the wrong cause. revenue from decay remember? your return is down to pay for the ATH and 20k hofs on Atrox young. untill we collectively call for a change to the loot return structure, rather than crying about them making money ("yeah whatever, the whole point is to make money" they think as they dismiss this complaint), it will carry on the same.

what i find most interesting from the first support reply is

Generally, however, by killing a bigger mob with better health your chances to get better loot increases.

really? is that why i get the same returns, before decay, whether im hunt aurli in D1 or D4, atrox young or prowlers. some might point out it effects the type of loot rather than value, but i dont see that either. seems the opposite really, as more loots on lower end gain more loot events and more (marginally) higher value materials.

Generally, however, by killing a bigger mob with better health your chances to get better loot increases.

Yes thats true no matter how hard the mob are how fast it hits no matter how much dmg it does its only about the mobs hp.

So please MA put in some more Levi.:laugh: we dont need the other mobs just 1 big lake with levi. :)

really? is that why i get the same returns, before decay, whether im hunt aurli in D1 or D4, atrox young or prowlers. some might point out it effects the type of loot rather than value, but i dont see that either. seems the opposite really, as more loots on lower end gain more loot events and more (marginally) higher value materials.

Just a thought:

Do you think that »better loot,« »chances to get better loot,« and »chances to get better loot increases« in your understanding mean the same as in the understanding of EU Support?

I would have my doubts... :dunno:

The Loot has not change... just disapear!

Well I think the rules in Lootsystem are not more the same like in old times... The bad loot periods are endless and the good periods just some seconds, maybe minutes... the gear is not more important, but how big the mob is yes! (Why?... easy to understand> the risk is bigger to be killed)... THE CONCLUSION- Chicken Little is very close to the bitter TRUE!!! :(

Well I think the rules in Lootsystem are not more the same like in old times... The bad loot periods are endless and the good periods just some seconds, maybe minutes... the gear is not more important, but how big the mob is yes! (Why?... easy to understand> the risk is bigger to be killed)... THE CONCLUSION- Chicken Little is very close to the bitter TRUE!!! :(

So it is the risk is bigger to be killed by a Levi provider - prowler then a Desp young.:scratch2:

Back