China's Virtual World - BILLIONS... Not 150 million

never heard about this, in my country the billion is the thousand million too. and its not usa or uk..

It is true, originally it was this way:

1 Thousand Million = Milliard
1 Million Million = Billion

milliard // n. Brit.
one thousand million.
[French, from mille ‘thousand’]

(from Concise Oxford Dictionary)

Then Yanks changed it and British followed.

Anyhow, the notion of Virtual Universe with either Milliard(s) or Billion(s) users is nothing but pipe dreams :kos:

(there is basically not enough participants available on this planet :laugh:)

Last edited:
One big benefit, apart from what Neverdie states, will be that all those businesses who are going to deal with real life products within EU are gonna need a lot of new features added to EU. Features that we will benefit from, in possibly lots of different ways.

and china's governments intentions of getting into the RCE virtual world and the $ they have at they're disposal

the company that Mindark have made a deal with is not the Chinese government, anymore than Mindark is the swedish govt.

And I don't underestimate the population of China, just the broadband penetration stats don't lie, even at enormous rates of growth. Not withstanding the technical issues of language, scaling and the like, I strongly doubt there is 150million customers for a long time to come.

If you want to pick an Asian country that does actually have massive broadband population and a more western style of disposal income that this game implies - you would go for South Korea. Although i doubt MA would be able to penetrate that market much at all, for by many accounts its far more mature than nearly any other broadband using market in the world.

Even tho I don't believe any of this hype.

Lets just pretend that it will happen (read: it wont)...

With the speed of Mindark on fixing bugs, coming out with new content.. Do you honestly believe they will still keep 'this' side of PE going/ 'improving' upon it while they're raking in hundreds of millions off of this China Deal?

But alas.. don't worry.. It will NEVER happen.

Like the cash cards..

Like "every item is waiting to be looted" -Marco (oh wait thats a fib.. he means every item the balancing team decides to throw in.. when and where.. and who)

If you read my posts before.. I am usually not very negative.. I have invested what some would consider a small fortune in a very short time (my MA deposit limit on CC is $33,000USD per month).. But I cannot help but.. oh wait.. I better be quiet (dont wanna spread rumors and break the EULA)..

Carry on!

I will belive it when I see it. Last I knew China heavly censored their countries internet. I dont think they really want lots of outside influences and opinions. I think maybe if your a busnies owner you might be able to get a liecsense or something simular to go in and out and trade but for the average player, nope.
Im not going into the aspects of this next statment but Buyer Beware!

It is true, originally it was this way:

1 Thousand Million = Milliard
1 Million Million = Billion

milliard // n. Brit.
one thousand million.
[French, from mille ‘thousand’]

(from Concise Oxford Dictionary)

Then Yanks changed it and British followed.

Anyhow, the notion of Virtual Universe with either Milliard(s) or Billion(s) users is nothing but pipe dreams :kos:

(there is basically not enough participants available on this planet :laugh:)

We have that in Holland too, but we (I atleast) see it as a translation, when talking dutch we call it a milliard, when talking english it's being translated as a billion

I have yet to see what's gonna happen with all these chinese... It's still all talk really and I'm not gonna believe anything till I see it in this universe....

Back