Chipping optimizer idea

addz

Elite
Rocky Addz Harley
Just a suggestion for Jdegre if he is around :)

There have been a few times when i have wanted to chip up a couple of professions that have a skill in common. At times however the skill that the professions have in common is not the most effecient way to get to my desired levels when each profession is calculated seperately.

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a feature where you can add 2 (or more) desired levels and have the skills required calculated for all.

Eg.

If i wanted to chip blp dammage and blp pistoleer the benefit of chipping blp tech skill would be increased.

Similarly if i were chipping paramedic and blp dammage, then annatomy would be a more appealing skill, but may not come up when each profession is calculated seperately.

Keep up the good work mate. This is one of the most fantastic EU tools ive ever used :)

Cheers, Addz :)

yeah good idea mate, that would be very handy, have thought the same thing a few times myself.

Not sure how hard it would be but, have no idea about programming etc.

I asked him the same question a few weeks ago at TI & it has been asked many times b4.
He said it was veryy hard to do, had something to do with hp

I asked him the same question a few weeks ago at TI & it has been asked many times b4.
He said it was veryy hard to do, had something to do with hp

well, the "HP" thing is basically if you want to handle HP as any other profession, as the current chipping optimizer does today. so, if you say for instance "calculate the optimal way to spend 5k peds in laser sniper (hit) and HP", the problem is that HP is on a different scale than the other professions.

if you restrict the choices for optimization, and say "calculate the optimal way to reach 70 in laser sniper (hit) and 80 in ranged laser (dmg)", that's much easier.

another issue is the user interface that gets really clumsy when you mix several professions. i've been tempted to give it a try several times, but always got distracted by other projects. maybe one of these days, if i manage to get some spare time together, i'll give it another go.

Yeah, I thought about the HP one too. Maybe just leave HP off the list and have just professions on there.

As for the interface it wouldnt have to be anything flash. 2 lines with a dropdown box on the left for the skill and an input field for the desired level, then just the standard cost and skill results as we have currently.

Yeah, I thought about the HP one too. Maybe just leave HP off the list and have just professions on there.

As for the interface it wouldnt have to be anything flash. 2 lines with a dropdown box on the left for the skill and an input field for the desired level, then just the standard cost and skill results as we have currently.

that's one option, yes, but this is kind of "hard-coding" the functionality. the most generic approach would be to allow for an arbitrary number of professions (and their levels) as targets. then you should build the list of involved skills, common to all those targets. it's do-able, but not really straightforward.

btw, look what i found :)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/827598-post60.html

the original suggestion for a "multi-target" optimizer was done in may 2007 !! lol

Well there you go. Seems your powers of search and patience are greater than mine :silly2: Showoff :silly2:

Back