Chips With Effect Over Time

Society
Sanctuary
Miss Alannah James
Ok so it's silly o-clock in the morning, i've had my cup of tea and now my brain is able to make the thoughts coherent.

I have been thinking more about my long term goals for mf and to better do that i'm trying to absorb as much knowledge as I can from you wonderful people. My queries this morning are about the chips that have an effect over time.

Since the chip i'm looking at is the Metabolic Inhibition Chip i'll focus on that. What does the Strength: 0.25 translate to? Have any of you used this chip outside of pvp and if so, is the slowing effect really noticable?

The reason i'm asking about this particular chip is because, as I said in my thread about arson chips and health, I don't have alot of health. Side skilling melee and/or chipping are things i'll be looking at but having more options is always a good thing. Another reason i'm asking about this now is that my main mf attack route is currently electrokinesis with a bit of pyro added in for the arsonistic chips (love them). If this is something a cryo user has tried and found to be worth it in the long term then it could be something for aspiring mf users to look at when researching how they would like their mf route to go.

I never really liked the slow down chips, they have a bit too short range to be useful... Metabolic acceleration is something I use daily though (and it uses pyro skill like the arson chips), as a +15% speed boost is quite helpful at many times :)

For example, when hunting a slow mob like Proteron this small speed boost is enough to let me stay out of attack range long enough to kill it, meaning I don't need much health or any armor.

Back