Chromatophore Mk I Armour – My Warnings

chevrons

Stalker
Society
Sanctuary
Givendale Chevrons Skelton
Well I've just returned to Calypso and looted my first piece of this recently introduced armour. I want to share my opinion how bad this armour is, as I can't find any specific thread.

It gives 10 Impact and 2 Acid protection, so it is clearly aimed at fairly new players.

But the TT value of a full set is 185 Ped.

Compare this with Pixie (14.3 Ped, 9 Impact, 3 Cut), Goblin (36.7 Ped, 12 Impact, 9 Acid), Gnome (28.2 Ped, 11 Impact, 4 Cut).

So against Impact mobs, it protects 1 more than Pixie, but less than Goblin or Gnome; against Impact/Cut mobs it is 2 less than Pixie or Goblin, 5 less than Gnome.

But it is the 2 Acid which really makes this bad armour. Most new players will hunt Snablesnots at some time; Pixie and Gnome do not protect, but do not decay; Goblin offers real protection; but Chromatophore offers minimal protection, but decays; the worst of all worlds. (Ghost also has 1 Acid - sole purpose is to cause decay if you meet an Acid mob).

Now there are positives; it is L armour, which means it protects to full value even if decayed; it has high Durability, which probably means it decays less than the other armours (Entropedia doesn't have the exact values.

Of course the main attraction is that it can be coloured; but this is likely to be beyond the skills of the players who would wear it. And the colouring ends with the armour. Warnings about lending armour are already in this thread.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?210543-WARNING!-which-armor-can-be-colored-textured&highlight=chromatophore

This armour may be MA's template for further sets, but I don't see any point using this itself.

Ok, and the warning is? ;0

you sure about that? :scratch2:

Yes, when the armor has no protection against the particular dmg type it is not decaying..

This usually does not really work as mobs have dmg type mixed ;)

well take mk1 as noob stuff (or armored clothes), and mk2, as MA show off thingie... ya heres mk2 in game, but cant be looted as far as I know, seen only F version (used by Sera), it looks more like hermes design... was that pissed by diff (and way better) look so Ive closed scan befor looking to stats... Ill try gather those info if it will be possible...

Gee I've got an idea.... Instead of bitching about looting items why don't you just drop it into the tt? Or better yet save the pieces you loot till youve got a complete set, have it colored/textured in a unique fashion and see what it will sell for. This armor was likely intended as a fashion armor anyway.

Blackjack :cowboy:

ok got screenies of mk2 F, ill try to post them later, but stats are: penetration:21 impact:18 burn:43 cut:17 stab:18 durability:12800 but didnt get answer for question if it will be ever lootable...
so not that noob stuff like mk1 :D

Back