CND Die Mining - The Only Way.

MonkeyCreamy

Alpha
Society
EntropiaXtreme
Monkey
My last trip to CND was horrible. I was loosing so many peds mining it wasn't even funny.

In the past ive had a great experience with CND, came back down with always profit. This last run, no profit.

I was down over 300 Peds on CND. I came up with 500. Was mining Un-amped with Z25 and Tik200.

When I was about to go back. I only had about 100 peds left.

So thats 500 - 400 (Loss) = 100 From Ores/Ens I found.

Now a amped miner could have probably made profit on my run I had. However, im unamped cuz I didn't have much peds nor did I want to risk it.

When I had these 100 peds left I thought ok ill sell 30ped or so ores and mine 1 more time, 20 bombs 20 probes.

This time I did what I did when I was a complete noob on CND.

I ran into the most dangerous mobs dropping a bomb right before I die.
Daspelator, Hi Lvl Atrox, Neconu. Yep.

And surprisingly I got many finds. Well more than without doing this.

I ended up getting a 88 PED Oil Global, and quite a bit of sizeables/considerables.

So after all that I ended up going back home with 300 peds only a 200 ped loss. Thats not good, but it turned a very bad trip into a bad trip.

Next time I go to CND I know what Im doing, AMP+Bombs = Die Mining.

Strange thing is, in the past I let skill gains tell me where to mine, if I get a skillgain a claim is nearby and I would mine. This time that also worked every time I got a skillgain, however It got to the point were on CND I would spend 10-20 bombs finding a Small claim. Which is sad, i never used to get small claims on cnd.

Maybe I just woke up to reality, and got lucky the last two trips before this.

*However if you do this be prepared to spend 1-2 hours getting a single claim. Daspelators are mean.

i fail to see how you would profit with an amp if you cannot profit without an amp. the only thing you would do is lose your peds faster on the same run. amps incrase the cost per bomb, and also you pay for markup. so you're already starting out a significant percentage in the whole. perhaps you should rethink your strategy?

Well when I do amps i usually do the 104s 105s. If I had a 105 amp when I got that oil global or a sizeable, I would have quit the first HOF i get and would have made profit.

Eg. If I got like, in first 50 probes, I got a sizeable and considerable, then from there it did terrible (100+NRFs). If I had a 105 amp and only did 50 or 60ish probes and got those considerables they would be globals or hofs bumped by the amp, it would have been nice. I would have stopped then and been happy. However we can always say I coulda, shoulda, woulda, but I didn't so yea.

But yea im not complaining just bringing up I found die mining seemed to work better on CND.

And im lucky, MA rewarded me with a beacon find on eudoria when I got down! = )

So let me get this right? You go to cnd with only 500ped to spend and wonder why did you lose?

Well when I do amps i usually do the 104s 105s. If I had a 105 amp when I got that oil global or a sizeable, I would have quit the first HOF i get and would have made profit.

Are you saying that you think that your global would have been bigger (HOF possibly) had you had an amp on? I didn't think amps made your finds bigger, they just made you search deeper.

So let me get this right? You go to cnd with only 500ped to spend and wonder why did you lose?

Lol, Well ya never know all the past times ive been to CND ive came back with profit. And i went up there before with wayyy less than 500 peds. First time I went up with 100, came back with over 200, 2nd time I went up with 400 came back with 1200.

I wasn't expecting to profit again. But I was expecting to find more than just smalls and at least find stuff a bit more often like the times before.

But thats CND for ya! Ya gotta love it.

i droped 4k unamped bombs(enmat/bomb) and lose(big time), like 2 weeks ago... what kind off numbers are you looking for?

I normaly go up with 800peds and no amp's, the only time I went with amp I lost a lot :(

i droped 4k unamped bombs(enmat/bomb) and lose(big time), like 2 weeks ago... what kind off numbers are you looking for?

100k bombs minimum

(j/k)

Went up with 600 un-amped bombs last night Tk120. No claim larger than a X. 7ped loss with markup. Not a bad hit rate for CND at all.

Out of my system now though....back to the planet like the noob I am :)

You gotta take the good with the bad and not expect to profit every time. I went up friday night. Dropped 3.2k ped in bombs/probes/ammo and left with a loss of 100 ped TT and a nice profit with markup. There were several times over the 3 day trip where I started a run and said "this sucks ass, bbl" and logged out for a few hours. Came back later and did better. You gotta also know who is up there mining and watch global chat like a hawk so you can sort of eliminate some domes that are being mined. Like when Joe Jeff is hitting Cald and Gang globals/HOF/ATH you know dome 4 is probably picked pretty clean...lol

yea i know the ript off feeling when you leave CND ^^ ..i don know one thing and that is the claims are far smaller now then they used to be...like ftw 2 claims in a 200 ped run ... with one VII and then one VII i was like ..cmmon wtf shouldent the claims be bigger here not smaller..then i left dident bother to burn 2k bombs whith those claims -_- cnd sucks tbh...amp back the claims to theyr right size and ill come back and lose a bit but now...its fuckt up:mad:

I see I'm not the only one suffering from CND. 5000 dropped bombs and probes up there and nothing bigger then X (no amps) in my last few trips combined. Loss of 70%. CND has turned into an ebil place reserved for hunters who who mine occasionaly to get some of their losses back trough huge ATH towers.:laugh:

On the other hand mining in general has been crap for months now for the majority of players, cnd is not an exception, it's more the rule. I managed to stay afloat due to high markup ores but that is juts fooling myself until I go up and loose it all in few days.:ahh:

I've noticed also that claim sizes on CND have dropped alot, MANY IX's and X's amped with OA-103, which are VI's and VII's, sometimes it's even 2-3 amps in a row without a global, or atleast an XII. Mining on Eudoria has been pretty decent lately though, I picked up a lowish TK220 because I still had sib on it, and mining with OA-102s and the 2x skill would make for some quick skilling, and I profited for sure, but my main ores were narc and niks, so the nice %'s helped ;).

@ OP, if you had mined amped you would have had even worse losses, 100 ped back from 400 would have been 300 ped back from 1.3k with OA-103s or MA-105s, unless you assumed that you would use only 1 amp, and get lucky to have all your claims on it, avoiding the NRF streak, but you could have just easily gotten those Xs unamped and amped the NRF streak.

But theres nothing wrong with going up with a small budget, that's what I did at first when I was a non-depoer, I'd go up with 300 ped and usually break even and have fun, sometimes even a small profit, and one time I went up with 300, came down with about 3.5k :D

But I do think you were lucky the first few times, and just had an average bad run, remember that when CND is good, you're on a cloud, globaling every 10-15 bombs OA-103 amped thinking "this is soooo easy" :laugh: and when it's bad, you just hit nothing at all. You can actually have a 0% return on hundreds of ped if you're not lucky, so yes I think your 200 ped loss was quite reasonable considering your 800 ped profit last trip wouldn't you think?

Back