Combustive Strike VIII - 620.9 Crit (plus no more nano strike) - Rick England

RickEngland

Elite
Society
Jurai Blood
Rickard Rick England
Hi Mindforcers;

I have to share this pic with you, I hit this Rex Strong with a 620.9 crit hit with a Combustive Strike VIII chip, he was not happy at all and crit me back, whist I tried to capture the screen shot...LOL.

I lived though and got the bugger.

Also on a side note, I was carrying a Combustive Strike (nano) III as of yesterday, but it has lost its nano name. So I guess MA pulling them. Shame as was looking forward to some mega powerful nano strike chips. Maybe they are going down the X or XI strike route instead which would make more sense to be fair

Anyhow enjoy pic it made me laugh.

Rick

Hmm, that's a nice hit :)
How come you hit 50-70 ish then 620 ? Different weapon i assume ?

Hmm, that's a nice hit :)
How come you hit 50-70 ish then 620 ? Different weapon i assume ?

I should have explained more sorry.

The previous damage shown in chat was attacking another Rex. with a fast XI corr chip.

The 620 was my "first hit" on that particular Rex Strong, and it made quite a dent in its HP...LOL, it then hit me 33, and then 127.....after I took the screenie I killed it with XI corr attack chip.

With Strike you need to charge it up in advance, and then move in and offload it. The chip will then have a cool down period, during that cooldown you can switch to another weapon.

I was not using any sych so that's why I was attacking mobs using the first shot only. Becasue if they hit me while I'm charging the strike I will lose concentration (and the strike will be cancelled).

You can charge the strike away from the mob, and run to the mob, and offload it (if that makes sense)

So strike is perfect for First hits on mobs. If you want to hit it mid-way though, its best to charge yourself with some buff (sync chip).

Hope that explains, but feel free to ask more questions if want to know more about any of the chips.

Rick

edit:

Pryo is the King of Mindforce.
Strike chips are the strongest you can get too

I've loaded the stats of this chip below, so if getting crit (in essence a double hit) potentially this chip could deal a 680 hit, although I've not had one yet.

Bear in mind SIB will start at level 40 hit, so likely you will need a good Level 50 Pryo hit to get the full damage from this particular chip. Although Strike chips at all levels so check them out.

I use them, becasue it just makes me laugh when I offload a hit such as this.

Last edited:
Nice crit :)
The ignite chips is kind of fun also, i can use the Ignite chi IV now, to low hit for the ignite chip V, you get pretty nice dps combining corrosive attack and ignite :p

Nice crit :)
The ignite chips is kind of fun also, i can use the Ignite chi IV now, to low hit for the ignite chip V, you get pretty nice dps combining corrosive attack and ignite :p

handy for HOF's :) ssuussshhhh

yeah sweet those ignite, I burn those ignite chips far too quick, so can get a little expensive 100% of the time.

Enjoy watching the mobs on fire, I do love the animations.

and strike animations are superb.

Rick

I'll bump this, because it make me laugh today thinking about the laughs I had with those big Strike chips.

Rick.

yup, thanks for sharing. I use MF alot and its nice to see you can get so nice damage out of them.:)

Back