Comparing in game DPS with wiki DPS

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
I'm wondering why is the in game damage per second (DPS) shown on every weapon stats viewed by players as being inferior to the wiki DPS?

Anyone know how these two are calculated? perhaps by knowing the differences and nuances involved we can make a more informed decision.

The dps display on the in-game item info is simply calculated from max damage and attacks per minute. In reality you get random damage between 50% and 100% of that figure, which averages out to 75%. Then there are factors for crits, evades and misses. These are all considered in the Wiki.

In game uses maximum damage only in its calculation and wiki/weapon compare use the average spread of damage. Weapon compare is true DPS.
Edit: Beaten

Weapon compare is true DPS.

Not really, but close enough . There is an error in how critical damage is calculated or applied (don't quite remember, but it is documented on pcf since old). As such the weapon compare DPS is not really true DPS. But it is close enough to compare weapons accurately enough

Not really, but close enough . There is an error in how critical damage is calculated or applied (don't quite remember, but it is documented on pcf since old). As such the weapon compare DPS is not really true DPS. But it is close enough to compare weapons accurately enough
How much is it out by? I have my own tools that derived calculationsfrom weapon compare, wonder if it’s worth adjusting them. I assume every weapon would be out by the same margin so it’s likely not that important.

How much is it out by? I have my own tools that derived calculationsfrom weapon compare, wonder if it’s worth adjusting them. I assume every weapon would be out by the same margin so it’s likely not that important.
It calculates crits as 0.02 * maxDmg * (critDmgBuff / 2). Should be 0.02 * ((maxDmg + avgDmg) * critDmgBuff) - avgDmg).

Back