ComPet-bulletin--8--The-Forest

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=3]ComPet bulletin #8: The Forest[/h]In the previous ComPet bulletin we talked about the City Management system. This time we will take a look at the Forest, a special structure found in every city.

[h=3]The Forest[/h]The Forest provides access to the two ComPet PvE (player vs. environment) systems: Quests and Beasts.
[h=4]Quests[/h]Quests provide players with a way to keep their pets active between matches and potentially receive valuable rewards. Choose which of your pets to dispatch, pay the quest fee, and send your pets out for riches and glory.
Successfully completed quests grant rewards and new quests are offered at regular time intervals.

[h=3]Beasts[/h]The Beasts system will allow players to battle against AI-controlled pets. Players will face many different creatures and meet different characters in the single player campaign.
Not only designed for fun, the Beasts system is an important source of resources needed to improve your city and pets.

ComPet is still in development. As such, any features, systems, and graphics of ComPet mentioned or shown in this document may be subject to change.

Originally Posted Here

Any quests available on Ark?

Cant the creators of Pokemon sue MA for this? It seems its just a ripoff of pokemon. Im not saying its a bad idea, but maybe some legal issues may arise?

LMAO

MA & AI.. nice combo, really well improved over the last 10 years :laugh:

WoW garisson much?

It makes sense to have pet v Pet AI battles, I thought MA would do this.

I've got a feeling different pets might have different roles too. Like devils with their long ears might provide some sort of protection warning from attacks on your city, or Bristles might be used to power up cities with electric (things like that). I often wonder if the pet animations already in game, give some clues to pet jobs.

Some are making fun of it, although I think the pets are looking really nice and real, it's possible to notice minor tweaks in the animations of the pets if you look for it.

Some might argue EU pets are not going to compet, I disagree. What is the point of MA introducing pets that are shown in the compet graphics into EU otherwise. I think it's an opportunity to skill some pets head of release. All they need a pet Xp portal to move between games (to keep records of pet stats), even if both games are in different coding.

I'm glad there's a lot more purpose to the pet game, rather than just battles. There's real hope this is going to be awesome.

Think of it like this, if MA have two games running with more players that lowers overhead costs, which should convert too better returns for players. So I'm all for it.

Rick

ps: please bring the rare pandas back online.

Too bad it seem 1 vs 1
Group battles with more than one pet vs more than one enemy would provide a lot of fun and maybe even some tactical deepth.

Too bad it seem 1 vs 1
Group battles with more than one pet vs more than one enemy would provide a lot of fun and maybe even some tactical deepth.

That's bound to happen Fiona.

This thing seems to be getting more and more complicated all of the time. Hopefully, it will be finished soon and we can get the developers fixing EU.

Release the Beasts !!!

Release the Beasts !!!

Nice going. I wouldn't put all your eggs in one basket, you might have a very lonely city.

Good skilling though.

Rick

With all the changes these last few months and MA selling off the EU platform I started to get this feeling as if something big here is happening. What if MA is moving to a new platform and will be closing down EU when compets is released? Well sorry not closing it down really but you get the idea.

I say this since every update we get about ComPets it's sound more and more like it's own little game in itself. Not just a simple one-on-one pet battle over the phone type of game they said it would be. Yes of course this is MA here..but still.

But yes at the end I'm guessing ComPets really isn't anything of much..just MA trying to get people to buy more ComPet Deeds but still..come on MA what is going on here?

Wait....? This is playable?

Should have some income on those Pet-deeds then, right?

WoW garisson much?

My thoughts exactly.

Of all the amazing things they could have done with EU... we get a brainless, unoriginal combination of WoW Garrisons and Pokemon.

Combination between hearthstone and swtor companions. Awesome!

Combination between hearthstone and swtor companions. Awesome!

Maybe i have missed an announcement or two but ... huh? How is it in any way like Hearthstone?

Maybe i have missed an announcement or two but ... huh? How is it in any way like Hearthstone?

Crone has to apologize. He remembers reading it would be much like a card game, but it seems he cannot find it anymore. He might be very wrong.

The quest system sounds more like Simpsons Tapped Out and Family Guy Quest for Stuff more than ever.

To me the quest system simply sounds like pay an amount x to get a loot result y - in terms of mechanics at least. There may be internal calculations of different pets being like different weapons (different stats) or different positions on the "crafting slider", which affect the 'loot payout' and the COS. Still, the same mechanisms seem fairly familiar to me....

The "single player campaign" thus seems like 2 adjusted professions from EU. Quests and beasts are ways of gaining mats and possibly skills via MA that may enhance the PVP side of battles.

I still want to know how protected certain areas are going to be from external attack, however.
Will there be a timer for how long our pets are "out of town in the woods" (and thus cannot be pvp-ed)? etc etc

Last edited:
where and how are the quests started?

pokemon, wow garisson... jesus.. who cares what it's "like". you guys bi**hed and moaned for years wanting pets to just come back, now all I hear are complaints about how it's never good enough.. I'm just glad they're constantly working on it. I think it will be great turnout and looking forward to it.

Back