Compet: The Village

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher

[h=2]ComPet: Behind The Game[/h] [h=3]#4 The Village[/h] In this installment we’re going to take a closer look at The Village interface and the functions of the buildings.

!

The Residence
In order to!unlock new buildings and upgrade existing buildings to higher levels you must first upgrade the Residence to the required "Residence Level".!!
But it takes more than gold to upgrade the Residence! Constructing buildings, training pets and defeating Beasts (AI battles) are all activities required to upgrade this special building.
You can also assign ‘guard duty’ to pets in the Residence. This is the pet that other players battle if they raid your Village (raids occur offline - more on this later!).

!

Stables
The place where your pets can rest. With each upgrade the maximum number of pets increases.
The stables are also where you can level up your pets, distributing your hard-earned experience points across Mojo, Health, Ferocity and Endurance. Levelling up costs gold and on higher levels it also costs pets.
The UI also shows how long it takes for your pet to fully recover. You can regain your pet’s health immediately by spending diamonds.

!

Gold Mine
Gold is the currency used for buying buildings, pets and pet abilities. It also buys updates for your buildings. !
The gold mine has an hourly income and a maximum capacity. This means you can earn gold merely by waiting for it to be excavated, but it takes time!
You can’t spend gold until you transfer the gold to the vault, at which point it will become visible on your ‘gold meter’ and can be spent. So don’t forget to empty the gold mine before it reaches maximum capacity, else all gold mining activity will stop!

!

Vault
You can keep your gold in a vault. The higher the level of the vault, the higher the capacity and the more gold you can store!

!

Gym
You can train your pets in the gym. Simply pay some gold and leave your pet in the gym so they gain experience points! Again, the process can be immediately completed by spending diamonds.

!

Library
The library is where you research new abilities (the moves you use in battle). It costs gold to research a new ability. !
Researchable abilities are organised into different tiers in the library. To unlock these tiers you must upgrade the library to the required tier level.

!

Veterinarian
The veterinarian reduces the time it takes for a pet to recover from injury by increasing its health regeneration.
!

!

Stay tuned for the next installment of ComPet: Behind The Game!

Originally Posted Here

[h=3]#4 The Village[/h]

This is the pet that other players battle if they raid your Village.
Levelling up costs gold and on higher levels it also costs pets.
Ok, possibly two typos there... I'm hoping it should read pets and peds, respectively.
(just the differences in gameplay from these being typos or not are potentially large - need one super-pet instead of combined guard duty strength? + does levelling up weaken the village for an amount of time?)

So, only 7 building types. I imagine the residence, stables, mine and vault must be a default, otherwise you can't start.
Gym, library and vet seem to be the only 'optional' buildings.

I would have hoped for more variety to allow for more strategies, but maybe the pets choices themselves and their training will be the big field for this....

Zero info on village damage, though, I see, so we will still have to wait on that. It does say more info on the raid feature will come later, to be fair.
But thanks for the snippets of info!

Last edited:
This looks good.

I'm glad we are getting some details coming through. Good job with the communications MA. :wtg:

Ok, possibly two typos there... I'm hoping it should read pets and peds, respectively.
(just the differences in gameplay from these being typos or not are potentially large - need one super-pet instead of combined guard duty strength? + does levelling up weaken the village for an amount of time?)

So, only 7 building types. I imagine the residence, stables, mine and vault must be a default, otherwise you can't start.
Gym, library and vet seem to be the only 'optional' buildings.

I would have hoped for more variety to allow for more strategies, but maybe the pets choices themselves and their training will be the big field for this....

Zero info on village damage, though, I see, so we will still have to wait on that. It does say more info on the raid feature will come later, to be fair.
But thanks for the snippets of info!

why would it be a typo? in entropia you can destroy pets for essence, I can see it work similarly in compet!

Considering I am playing Clicker Heroes for the last 2 moths this game will be DA BOMB :bomb:

why would it be a typo? in entropia you can destroy pets for essence, I can see it work similarly in compet!

Good point! It doesn't have to be a typo, no, and I postulated that levelling up would then possibly weaken your village for a short time.
In EU pet experience counts for nothing with essense, only rarity of the pet, so you'd want to sacrifice the least experienced pets if it works in a similar way. It could act as a limiter on how you develop the village, as your stable would have to be big enough to have the sacrificial pets in them first.
As we know so little that anything is possible, I was just also looking for what might be one-letter typos as well :laugh:

Farmville with pets instead of crops. A few years late, but maybe someone will like it

Tip for the developers is to offer prepaid gift cards or something because the age group this looks to be aimed for will not have credit cards :)

Tip for the developers is to offer prepaid gift cards or something because the age group this looks to be aimed for will not have credit cards :)

:laugh: I am beginning to think the EULA will have to be rather different in terms of age requirements/parental approval, yes.
Somewhere else people asked about chat options, but here too I'm sensing that is quite possibly not something which will be encouraged/implemented at all with so many kids about.....

I'm trying to understand the link with Entropia, someone have any idea ?

I'm trying to understand the link with Entropia, someone have any idea ?

money.jpg

pets.jpg

There is an E on top of the vault.

:laugh: I am beginning to think the EULA will have to be rather different in terms of age requirements/parental approval, yes.
Somewhere else people asked about chat options, but here too I'm sensing that is quite possibly not something which will be encouraged/implemented at all with so many kids about.....

hearthstone doesn't have a chat... and it makes an already boring and limited game even more boring. a chat function is mandatory in a multiplayer game!!!

also, I want that orange cat in entropia! or even better a pet texturing option

I hope the game is not delayed... Still no beta ready as it's too unstable and the game is out in only 31 days.

Back