Confused over skills and chips

Meric

Guardian
Society
Knowing
Harry Meric Darkstar
Many people offer skills for sale.

How do I translate the number of skills to the size of the chip required? And the TT value of those skills?

There seem to be many tools that claim to help, but every time I attempt to use them I get nowhere!

That little calculator at the top of the page is all you need. If you want to fully extract a skill, put "1" into End Skill Level and press Extract. It will tell you how big chip you need to fit that amount of skills (which is tt value of them) and the size of resulting chip (10% if the skill is lost on extracting so the chip will be smaller).

Remember that if the remaining ESI after extracting some skills to it will be < 10 ped, you will get back peds instead of ESI and lose the markup, so if you say want to extract 5 ped of skills, you need 15-16 ped ESI.

It will tell you how big chip you need to fit that amount of skills (which is tt value of them) and the size of resulting chip (10% if the skill is lost on extracting so the chip will be smaller).

I tried an exemplary calculation and got this : "Extracting, ESI needed: 16.79 PED, Final chip size: 15.11 PED"

Is this means not only 10% of the skills are lost, but the ESI for those 10% too?

I tried an exemplary calculation and got this : "Extracting, ESI needed: 16.79 PED, Final chip size: 15.11 PED"

Is this means not only 10% of the skills are lost, but the ESI for those 10% too?

That is how the 10% is lost

Many thanks for the clear reply.

It make much more sense now!

Back